Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really want to wait and hear the music in the form intended

Yet part of me remembers growing up in a rural farming town in far northern Washington and recording low quality songs off the faintest radio beacon and trading mixtapes with friends because the songs were so good despite and sometimes because they were rare, bullshit copies off the radio.

Looking forward to the album (and even the snippets whenever they release appropriately).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just received a order confirmation from a dutch webshop for my Bad Witch cd, it says it'll be delivered today. Early release?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Oh boi if that's true leak is super soon
    Last edited by HWB; 06-14-2018 at 03:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB-GNR View Post
    I just received a order confirmation from a dutch webshop for my Bad Witch cd, it says it'll be delivered today. Early release?
    I missed a delivery yesterday which was (according to the card through the door) “too big to post, record size”. The only thing I’ve ordered on vinyl in the last 2 months is Bad Witch. Getting it redelivered tomorrow.

Probably not it, but got me excited.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosingFocus View Post
    I missed a delivery yesterday which was (according to the card through the door) “too big to post, record size”. The only thing I’ve ordered on vinyl in the last 2 months is Bad Witch. Getting it redelivered tomorrow.

Probably not it, but got me excited.
    Hope it drops early. It will be frustrating if it drops on 22nd as I'll be at Meltdown, London potentially when it arrives!
    Perhaps even available to buy at the show.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Hope it drops early. It will be frustrating if it drops on 22nd as I'll be at Meltdown, London potentially when it arrives!
    Haha me too! Catching a flight and all that jazz, busy day.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Going to Paris it's perfect though. Album on the 22nd, going to Paris on the 24th, then the 25th it's live, and then going home after that and playing that sweet vinyl. What a timing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JMB-GNR View Post
    Hmmm, false alert. The package tracking content was not in line with the package. Now it says June 22nd again... sorry

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'm a bit behind on the news, but from bits and pieces here I gathered there was some sort of listening party. Did you get to hear the whole record? How was it?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    I'm a bit behind on the news, but from bits and pieces here I gathered there was some sort of listening party. Did you get to hear the whole record? How was it?
    At the Physical World Presale? Just two songs. They were awesome.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    At the Physical World Presale? Just two songs. They were awesome.
    That's nice to hear

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    That's nice to hear
    Yeah. It was Play the Goddamn Part which is a really long instrumental. It was interesting. The other one was Ahead of Ourselves which is a great one. Really noisy. Different vocal style than God break Down the Door. I can't remember much of it though because I only heard it once.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    For anyone who wants more teasing, samples are up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Witch-Nin...ails+bad+witch

EDIT: Although none of the fucking things seem to be playing. Curse you, Amazon!!!!!
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 06-14-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    For anyone who wants more teasing, samples are up on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Bad-Witch-Nin...ails+bad+witch

EDIT: Although none of the fucking things seem to be playing. Curse you, Amazon!!!!!

Do they work for you?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    Do they work for you?
    Nyet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With the clips of the actual songs (not shitty recordings) being posted and shared, I'm a bit surprised this album hasn't leaked yet. It's 7 or 8 days out if I remember correctly. I'd bet we'll be seeing this out there in the wild any day now.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by afors View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Haha me too! Catching a flight and all that jazz, busy day.
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Going to Paris it's perfect though. Album on the 22nd, going to Paris on the 24th, then the 25th it's live, and then going home after that and playing that sweet vinyl. What a timing.

Yeah, I'll be on the way to London starting on the 19th. I won't have access to internet or the ability to listen to or download the record at all on my travels, unless it leaks early. I plan on going to Reckless Records and Rough Trade on the 22nd, the day of the show to see if I can find the CD version for sale, but even if I do... I won't exactly have any means of playing the CD on the road. I doubt the hotels in London or Paris have CD players in the rooms, hahahaha.

I might not get to hear the record until I am back home on July 2nd.

Even if it does leak, I'll probably just download it and throw it on my ipod and not listen to it until after the shows. I kinda want to hear the new songs live for the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got my shipment notice from UPS for my BW LP with expected delivery of Wednesday June 20. Anyone else get theirs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just got mine too! Oh man, I hope we get our downloads by tomorrow!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by outatime1004 View Post
    Just got my shipment notice from UPS for my BW LP with expected delivery of Wednesday June 20. Anyone else get theirs?
    Just hit my inbox as well.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Am I the only person in 2018 that doesn't have a record player? I never pre-ordered this because... well... I have no use for a vinyl record. Do all of you that pre-ordered the LP actually have a record player, or do you just want the vinyl to sit on a shelf?

I am generally curious, because there can't be THAT many people on the planet that ran out and bought record players in 2018, can there?

Are record players really becoming a major household item again? I honestly don't know anyone that has one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Am I the only person in 2018 that doesn't have a record player? I never pre-ordered this because... well... I have no use for a vinyl record. Do all of you that pre-ordered the LP actually have a record player, or do you just want the vinyl to sit on a shelf?

I am generally curious, because there can't be THAT many people on the planet that ran out and bought record players in 2018, can there?

Are record players really becoming a major household item again? I honestly don't know anyone that has one.
    Vinyl really came back in a big way over the last decade. Some may purchase as a form of collecting only, since some bands/companies do take time and effort to put together a great presentation. I got my turntable back in '08, really because of finding Year Zero on LP in a record shop and just thinking how cool that was. I really have no use for CDs, so I purchase vinyl as a way to support the band and generally those vinyl purchases include a digital copy for on the go purposes.
    Last edited by outatime1004; 06-14-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Recently, Rolling Stone magazine actually noted that vinyl sales are making a strong comeback (990k sold in 2007, 14.3 million sold in 2017), while CDs were on the way out (712 million in 2007; 88.6 million sold in 2017). Interestingly, music downloads were on steady decline as well (1.3 billion in 2007; 555 million in 2017). Their numbers projected streaming and vinyl to be the main source of music in the coming years. As for me, I'm waiting until I move into my new place before buying a new record player, so, at this time, the vinyl I have is just sitting on the shelf.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I only buy vinyl from my top favorite artists as part of my collection. Other artists, I just buy their CDs/iTunes.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Do they work for you?
    From Amazon Help's Twitter: "I've confirmed on my side the audio samples are currently unavailable as well. I'm sorry for any inconvenience! I've escalated this to our internal teams for investigation."

Ugh.

Very glad I never got into heroin or anything...

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

I got one of those old Crossley 5-in-1 players years ago because I got some vinyl on a whim. It barely gets used though and after a while I noticed that most of my vinyl was never really getting anywhere near the rate of play as my cds or digital library, so I pretty much stopped buying it. My digital library expands daily and it's connected to my surround sound, plus the numerous portable devices I have makes vinyl cumbersome and essentially unnecessary.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I had a shitty TEAC CD/cassette/record player/radio years ago. I'd buy a few records here and there and they'd sit somewhere because the sound on that machine was utter balls, but a few years back, my wife restored her family's old Pioneer record player which we then patched into our 5.1. THAT was when I realized there is a difference between mp3/CDs and vinyl. The sound is just more open and I swear to fucking Christ I can hear more stuff and hear that stuff more clearly on wax. I still buy CDs and I'll download stuff no problem, but there's something more aesthetic about vinyl.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I got one of those old Crossley 5-in-1 players years ago because I got some vinyl on a whim. It barely gets used though and after a while I noticed that most of my vinyl was never really getting anywhere near the rate of play as my cds or digital library, so I pretty much stopped buying it. My digital library expands daily and it's connected to my surround sound, plus the numerous portable devices I have makes vinyl cumbersome and essentially unnecessary.
    As someone who collects vinyl, I can't disagree with this comic:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Do they work for you?
    They're working on my side...
    [Mod: referral link removed]
    Last edited by TheBang; 06-14-2018 at 06:59 PM. Reason: referral link removed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alfonso99 View Post
    They're working on my side...
    [Mod: referral link removed]

For me they all just remain in buffering/loading indefinitely.