Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Results 1,381 to 1,392 of 1392

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Destruct26 View Post
    Just listened to We’re In This Together & Play The Goddamned Part back to back and realized they share a very similar 4-note decending motif.
    WITT: at around 0:45 - 0:55. Guitars
    PTGP: repeatedly after 0:10-0:40 Sax
    And they obviously play again throughout both songs again in other places. Do my ears deceive me? Give it a listen!
    You might want to take this post here

Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    This post is actually about the album title itself. I like it because it reminds me of the goth era of Nine Inch Nails, specifically Broken and The Downward Spiral, and how the vocal distortions in songs like Last and The Becoming always reminded me of what a witch's voice would or even might sound like on some TV shows and movies. It also remind me of some pictures on Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar and Smells Like Children.

As for the actual music itself, Shit Mirror and Over And Out have certainly held up as my main go-to favorite songs on Bad Witch. Play The Goddamned Part and I'm Not From This World have been growing on me as of late too.

I'll admit that it's also hard for me to compare the entire trilogy, as well as all NIN releases, but Add Violence in still my favorite. However, I will also admit that I totally understand as to how and why lots of fans would also prefer Bad Witch more than Add Violence. I love how it gives me similar vibes to Further Down The Spiral on some parts of the album, as well as some Lost Highway vibes too.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

"friends if you call" ?
    I hear what kind of freak [...]?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    "friends if you call" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Friends with your claw?
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I hear "fickle friends fickle".
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I hear “what kind of freak [...]?”
    "the best thing about life is knowing you put it together"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    "the best thing about life is knowing you put it together"
    “ain’t goin’ back”

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I hear “what kind of freak [...]?”
    "what kind of freak do you friends feel".
    A good question.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just revisited this again tonight and god damn ... it's so good. Easily my favorite album under the Nine Inch Nails name since With Teeth ... but in all honesty, it's Trent's best record since The Fragile.

So much to love about it and so rewarding in its replay.

Hoping that the next record continues down this experimental path and we get even weirder NIN albums.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I can't get over how consistent and amazing it is, I'm Not From This World is becoming one of my favorite NIN tracks, it's so intense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I can't get over how consistent and amazing it is, I'm Not From This World is becoming one of my favorite NIN tracks, it's so intense.
    you know...when people first started posting about their love for this track, i did not get it but... (and this is probably the only track in the discography i had this experience with) one day it just clicked with me.
    i did not hate the track, i thought it was a very fine track, but... one day it clicked with me and i have to say i love it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm Not From This World was the first track from Bad Witch that I just instantly fell in love with. The rest....I'm still giving it a few passes. Add Violence remains my favorite of the trilogy for now.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I'm Not From This World was the first track from Bad Witch that I just instantly fell in love with. The rest....I'm still giving it a few passes. Add Violence remains my favorite of the trilogy for now.
    At first the only track I didn't like was I'm Not From This World, thought it slowed down the album, but then I realised it's intense as anything else on the album.

One of my favorite things about the album is how it keeps its peace, the constant intensity even with how much it plays around with NIN's sound.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    I feel like "I'm Not..." pairs well with the Bird Box sdtk.