Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Results 1,381 to 1,398 of 1398

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    This post is actually about the album title itself. I like it because it reminds me of the goth era of Nine Inch Nails, specifically Broken and The Downward Spiral, and how the vocal distortions in songs like Last and The Becoming always reminded me of what a witch's voice would or even might sound like on some TV shows and movies. It also remind me of some pictures on Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar and Smells Like Children.

As for the actual music itself, Shit Mirror and Over And Out have certainly held up as my main go-to favorite songs on Bad Witch. Play The Goddamned Part and I'm Not From This World have been growing on me as of late too.

I'll admit that it's also hard for me to compare the entire trilogy, as well as all NIN releases, but Add Violence in still my favorite. However, I will also admit that I totally understand as to how and why lots of fans would also prefer Bad Witch more than Add Violence. I love how it gives me similar vibes to Further Down The Spiral on some parts of the album, as well as some Lost Highway vibes too.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

"friends if you call" ?
    I hear “what kind of freak [...]?”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    "friends if you call" ?
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Friends with your claw?
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I hear "fickle friends fickle".
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    "the best thing about life is knowing you put it together"

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quietime View Post
    "the best thing about life is knowing you put it together"
    “ain’t goin’ back”

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    "what kind of freak do you friends feel".
    A good question.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Just revisited this again tonight and god damn ... it's so good. Easily my favorite album under the Nine Inch Nails name since With Teeth ... but in all honesty, it's Trent's best record since The Fragile.

So much to love about it and so rewarding in its replay.

Hoping that the next record continues down this experimental path and we get even weirder NIN albums.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I can't get over how consistent and amazing it is, I'm Not From This World is becoming one of my favorite NIN tracks, it's so intense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    I can't get over how consistent and amazing it is, I'm Not From This World is becoming one of my favorite NIN tracks, it's so intense.
    you know...when people first started posting about their love for this track, i did not get it but... (and this is probably the only track in the discography i had this experience with) one day it just clicked with me.
    i did not hate the track, i thought it was a very fine track, but... one day it clicked with me and i have to say i love it!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm Not From This World was the first track from Bad Witch that I just instantly fell in love with. The rest....I'm still giving it a few passes. Add Violence remains my favorite of the trilogy for now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    I'm Not From This World was the first track from Bad Witch that I just instantly fell in love with. The rest....I'm still giving it a few passes. Add Violence remains my favorite of the trilogy for now.
    At first the only track I didn't like was I'm Not From This World, thought it slowed down the album, but then I realised it's intense as anything else on the album.

One of my favorite things about the album is how it keeps its peace, the constant intensity even with how much it plays around with NIN's sound.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I feel like "I'm Not..." pairs well with the Bird Box sdtk.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Shit, I knew Bad Witch came out sometime this month but I thought it was a later date! A happy (albeit belated) first birthday to a true gem. Hard to believe this baby is already one year old. Such a distinctive and engrossing release, a perfect capper to the stellar Trilogy and a springboard for one of the best tours in the band's history.

I fucking love it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got a copy of Bad Witch on vinyl as an early birthday present yesterday, did a full 'dark room by myself with phone & PC off' listen last night.

Completely blown away. Get this record.

I've listened to the trilogy EXTENSIVELY *digitally* (fwiw, I even listened to it on repeat driving from STL to Indianapolis a few weeks back, helped me stay alert by myself lol), and Bad Witch is my favorite thing he's done since Year Zero.

But I feel like the album is different on vinyl in a few places. Just subtley, not more than a few parts like the CD to vinyl comparison of The Fragile. Maybe I was just more into it?

It was like listening to Play The Goddamned Part and I'm Not From This World both for the first time. They both felt longer, scarier, more in depth. Moving pieces of artwork.

I went somewhere else last night, and came back a different person.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laststepdown View Post
    But I feel like the album is different on vinyl in a few places. Just subtley, not more than a few parts like the CD to vinyl comparison of The Fragile. Maybe I was just more into it?
    It might be the vinyl master, it also sounds much better and dynamic on vinyl for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why "Bad Witch" is one of my beloved NIN albums

In the light of the musical content of Trent Reznor's and Atticus Ross' latest work, "Bad Witch" is not only a perfect culmination of the last period of the band's activity, which earlier brought two very successful small releases, but above all the best album of Nine Inch Nails since 2005, when they released "With Teeth". And although Reznor later tried to return to form several times, he still served quite tiring experiments or schematic, more or less unsuccessful variations on his own work. It didn't even work out with "Hesitation Marks", which was completely self-contained (despite a few nice pieces with the singular "Copy of a" at the head) and which reminded the best times of the band only thanks to the graphic design of Russell Mills, who was also responsible for the design of the cult "The Downward Spiral". "Bad Witch" is even more surprising. A lifetime, a good balance between electronics and the band's branded guitar sound, but most of all something unprecedented - successful references to jazz and David Bowie's work. Unfortunately, it wasn't me who came up with this comparison, but I have to admit that it is extremely accurate. The production of the material does not even need to be mentioned - it is, as always at Reznor, perfect and sparkling like a million dollars, and at the same time organic and more in the spirit of old NIN recordings.

The whole thing starts with a dime. The lively, opening album "Shit Mirror" (with the guest, but rather symbolic participation of Ian Astbury from The Cult and Reznor's wife Mariqueen Maandig, known from the couple's joint project, How to Destroy Angels) mixes industrial and punk hit songs perfectly, but the most interesting things start later. First, a tasty, instrumental "Play the Goddamned Part" with a sensational, jazzy saxophone part that sets the tone for the whole composition (I have imagined the faces of orthodox Nine Inch Nails fans ). But it's not over! Because then the spirit of David Bowie comes down from the afterlife. "God Break Down the Door" and "Over and Out" give you an idea of what a studio collaboration between David Bowie and Trent Reznor, based on powerful electronics, could sound like. And it could sound perfect. And that's why this is one of my beloved NIN albums.

------------------------------------------------
    Proudly using amazing SEO audit online tool!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi guys! Long time NIN fan since the 90's but I'm new to this forum.

I wanted to ask if anyone received a download card with this EP inside the vinyl? I got download cards for WAV files of both NTAE and Add Violence, but nada for BW. Was I simply unlucky or was it a conscious decision by Trent to exclude one for this EP unlikes the other two?

I have Googled around a bit to find an answer but came up short.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    These next two weeks will feel like eternity.
    This was posted in June 2018 before Bad Witch came out. It's now 2023. How the fuck did that happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    This post is actually about the album title itself. I like it because it reminds me of the goth era of Nine Inch Nails, specifically Broken and The Downward Spiral, and how the vocal distortions in songs like Last and The Becoming always reminded me of what a witch's voice would or even might sound like on some TV shows and movies. It also remind me of some pictures on Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar and Smells Like Children.

As for the actual music itself, Shit Mirror and Over And Out have certainly held up as my main go-to favorite songs on Bad Witch. Play The Goddamned Part and I'm Not From This World have been growing on me as of late too.

I'll admit that it's also hard for me to compare the entire trilogy, as well as all NIN releases, but Add Violence in still my favorite. However, I will also admit that I totally understand as to how and why lots of fans would also prefer Bad Witch more than Add Violence. I love how it gives me similar vibes to Further Down The Spiral on some parts of the album, as well as some Lost Highway vibes too.

I took the name "Bad Witch" to signify that as a society,a culture we seem to be under a spell of a " bad witch" Trentq talked about humanity thinking we were advanced but we're actually just bacteria in a jar. The shadow on the cave wall motif fits with the bad witch idea as well. It's such a fucking cool name for an album..

Usually when I see Christian madness I say " oh sky cake" in reference to Patton Oswald bit. Now when I see anything culture war related I say " bad witch" . Such a cool name...