Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    My secret hope is that they do that whole combined album release, but with the songs from the first two EPs tweaked to match the sonic palette. Shouldn’t be too tough with NTAE, but some significant alterations are needed for Add Violence to sound like it belongs on the same album as these songs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It’s times like these I regret not having a computer at home and relying solely on my iPhone. Guess I’m waiting for my vinyl, cd, and/or Apple Music 🤷🏻♀️

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I'm seriously going to lock this fucking thread until Friday if this shit continues. Jesus.

Trent: "In Before Lock"

I do like this though. .....except for when the vocals pretend to be English singers. Still looking forward to the liner notes to see what's behind GBDTD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ahh. Waiting is going to be tough. Glad to hear everyone digging on it though. I was hoping the official download would be launched early due to the leak.

Definitely excited to check liner notes too.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by loopcloses View Post
    My secret hope is that they do that whole combined album release, but with the songs from the first two EPs tweaked to match the sonic palette. Shouldn’t be too tough with NTAE, but some significant alterations are needed for Add Violence to sound like it belongs on the same album as these songs.
    Damn that would be incredible. Looking back at what they did after some time, see if there's a full album in there, using all those tracks, and releasing it. Maybe tweaking things a bit, the mix, the order.

Did this kind of thing happen before ? Dividing an album into three like that is already pretty forward, in our current music culture.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's good... I'm happy it's a step up from Add Violence, but I still think Not The Actual Events leads the way for me at the moment. I do agree though that Bad Witch definitely needs a few more tracks added and it wouldn't hurt it. Perhaps if some of NTAE songs were added to Bad Witch, then it would be the ultimate album. Some tracks off Add Violence honestly feels out of place with these two releases. I still think it's way too short and it just doesn't have that feel album to me. I know, hate me all you want. But it is just to quick and doesn't feel like an album. Sorry, how I feel. And that makes it hard for me to put it up against The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, etc. on my top NIN albums list.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Holy fuck this is awesome.

EDIT: Easily the best NIN album in quite a while. I don't think I'd call it my favourite ever, but it's definitely up there in the top few. Wow. I'm blown away.
    Last edited by M1ke; 06-18-2018 at 06:49 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    First listen so far.

Trent does not care about radio singles. or your speakers.

Which means he DOES CARE about me!

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    My only gripe with this "album" is that I wished they'd have taken another year creatively and doubled its length, expanding on what they're doing here. That being said, these 30 minutes are a perfect example of why he's my favorite thing ever in this life..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Random thoughts:

This thing has some of the man's best lyrics in years.

I'm Not From This World is the first NIN song to genuinely creep me out in a long time.

Ahead of Ourselves is better live. Would love a high-quality recording. Though it seems like someone was shooting them on-stage in Vegas for the screens. Fingers crossed we get a HD video upload to the NIN channel soon.

Last edited by Blade3327; 06-18-2018 at 07:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "I'm Not From This World" feels like quake soundtrack! <3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    To think these guys have already created dozens of hours of instrumental music and are still able to come up with something like I'm Not From This World is amazing.

Great album, love everything about it. I'm Not From This World is favorite. So creepy and atmospheric.

The trilogy is the best thing NIN has released since Still. By far, IMO.

Edit: INFTW + Over and Out, holy fuck. I have no words right now. After a shitty day, this is just perfect. About to cry, really, lol.
    Last edited by ricardo; 06-18-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    So my headphone wire's right channel promptly decided to deliver Rutger Hauer's Tears In Rain speech and promptly died, because of fucking course

But I got a listen in earlier today and while it absolutely blew me away, it did feel short. Probably an effect of it being labelled an LP. But I felt that way initially after NTAE which soon after felt perfect to me.

I need so many more spins, need to listen to the entire trilogy, and especially need to listen to the intended running order if it's not simply chronological (I'm really curious about that because Less Than in particular stands out like a sore thumb). Seems wrong to judge it or the other two sections/chapters/EPs/LPs/whatever in isolation, which is why I haven't posted about them much, I think. I've been kind of waiting for the whole thing to be ready.

Latest in a million posts about the vox in Over And Out:

I have no idea if that's TR hitting new vocal heights never before dared, or Bowie having left TR a voice sample to work with*, or Peter Murphy, and I've read all of these today, but holy shit any way you look at it.

*yes I recognize this is wishful thinking but just look at it as another symptom of a world that is still grieving

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I'm Not From This World: Feels a little more like a TR/AR soundtrack song than a NIN. But I dig the mellowness.
    Weirdly, that was the exact opposite of what I thought. Especially with that outro, I was thinking how at home this song would be in The Fragile.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    This thing is fuckin' crunchy.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Fuck it I caved....Sonically its the most adventurous thing he has done since Fragile.....Nice to know that Hesitation Marks/ "Everything'/mumbling over drum machines and poppy 2013 era NIN is dead and buried and a distant memory and dark sinister NIN has returned...The last 2 years (all 3 EPs) is the best shit Trent has done since 1999...."Shit Mirror" MUST be played live

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenSpiral View Post
    I hate when things get leaky when I only have an iPhone around.

Cant wait to listen. Your descriptions sound good.
    For future reference, get 'iZip' and 'Browser" on your iPhone. Use Browser to download the .zip file. Use iZip to unpack it. iZip can play .mp3 and .flac files as well, or you can use it to copy it over to the folder for a media player app such as VLC.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
    Random thoughts:

This thing has some of the man's best lyrics in years.

I'm Not From This World is the first NIN song to genuinely creep me out in a long time.

Ahead of Ourselves is better live. Would love a high-quality recording. Though it seems like someone was shooting them on-stage in Vegas for the screens. Fingers crossed we get a HD video upload to the NIN channel soon.

Unless otherwise stated, the guy on stage in Vegas was not with the NIN camp, that footage was a live feed to the screens in the venue (on the sides of the stage as well as in the balconies and such). That was not someone recording for nin use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    For future reference, get 'iZip' and 'Browser" on your iPhone. Use Browser to download the .zip file. Use iZip to unpack it. iZip can play .mp3 and .flac files as well, or you can use it to copy it over to the folder for a media player app such as VLC.
    there's also an app you can get called Documents which has a browser built in, can upzip the files, and play the songs, all in one, i really like it.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    anyone else getting stuck on "Authorizing Payments" when trying to download this thing?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fuck, im going to cave and listen. Literally no one has said it's ok. These reviews are extremely positive. I feel like I'm going to lose my shit this is so awesome.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    anyone else getting stuck on "Authorizing Payments" when trying to download this thing?
    Who are you paying?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    Fuck, im going to cave and listen. Literally no one has said it's ok. These reviews are extremely positive. I feel like I'm going to lose my shit this is so awesome.
    I caved... YouTube for me. Special piece of music in my opinion. The three EPs are really awesome. But this last one hits some particular places for me that just feel great. Would love an official all three release. Super stoked to see the tour later this year.

In the day of fucking Space Force... this helped so much. haha

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) - Album has leaked, SPOILERS

I’m probably holding off. Even might have to wait until Monday since I’m very busy with life right now and I’m going out of town early Friday morning through the weekend.

You guys make it very difficult to be patient.
    Last edited by somewhat_; 06-18-2018 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Oops, my mistake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Shit. I know that Trent is way better than DHL and UPS, as he always delivers, but this motherfucker has just released a hell of a record with almost 30 years of career. This is just sick, I'm on my 6th take on "Over and Out" and I'm still speechless, by every time I listen to it there's a fucking new detail or some texture I haven't noted before (I know, is like this in probably every other NIN song).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a few listens into it. Initial impressions are it's a let down but these things tend to grow on me in time. I think I'm the only person who didn't like God Break Down The Door and for an album that's supposed to tell the ending of the story it's short on words. I don't know, it feels like one of those Trent things where he has an idea and then loses interested in it, I wouldn't spend too much time trying to piece together the story because I don't think there really is one.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So I don't know where to begin really ...

... I think as Nine Inch Nails fans as we all are we always tend to enjoy his output but have our own favorites and ones we don't really tend to put on that often. I know for me personally my least favorite album (Year Zero) is pretty well liked amongst the community and records that I still enjoy (The Slip / Hesitation Marks) seem to have varying degrees of opinions depending on who you ask. For me though, I've been wanting Trent Reznor to break out of his comfort zone and surprise me with something that sounded harsher / newer production wise. Either him going more lo-fi or just something that completely caught me off guard sonically. Not the Actual Events felt like a step into that direction, but Add Violence was a little more subdued than I was expecting. The first time I heard God Break Down the Door, I was floored. I couldn't stop listening to it and I immediately pre-ordered the album.

There has been a lot this summer I have been looking forward to new release wise ... but I think Bad Witch was easily at the top of my hype list.

I've had the chance to listen to this four times and I'm COMPLETELY in love with this. It's noisy, creepy, lo-fi, harsh and has some of Trent's best lyrics in quite sometime. I can't recall the last time a Nine Inch Nails album made me feel as uncomfortable as to the first times I put on The Downward Spiral and The Fragile when I was younger. The instrumentals engaged me in a way that I haven't latched on to since some of those Ghosts songs and everything within The Fragile. I'm really, really digging this.

I can understand people's gripes with it being a little on the shorter side. I would've loved to have heard how this could've expanded into more a full length project with an extra half hour ... but at the same time, it's very condensed in it's tone and leaves a genuine impression with you. Can I rank this? Not yet, but I know it's easily my instant favorite of this "trilogy" of releases.

Oh and the hype is real as far as "Ahead of Ourselves" goes ... it's an insane song.
    Last edited by thefragile_jake; 06-18-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustDave View Post
    Who are you paying?
    no one. its available for download on my account on nin.com. i click download and it's stuck on a screen which reads

"We are waiting for payment confirmation from Shopify. Typically this takes less than one minute you can safely close this window if you do not wish to wait."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love the album. It's easily my favorite of the trilogy (though I do like all three pieces a lot). Shit Mirror (still hate the name lol) and Ahead Of Ourselves sound like Broken era Trent produced a couple tracks written by With Teeth era Trent. Ahead Of Ourselves especially sounds like Gave Up and You Know What You Are had a baby and it is magnificent. Play The Goddamned Part is the weak point on the album for me. It's an average instrumental in the middle of a bunch of great tracks. God Break Down The Door is even better in the context of the rest of the record. I'm Not From This World is a top 20 NIN track for sure and up there with Pilgrimage and Just Like You Imagined among my favorite NIN instrumentals. And Over and Out is a fantastic closer to the album. It sounds like some weird hybrid of Year Zero beats and Fragile era textures with Trent delivering one of his most unique vocals in the entire catalog.

I'm gonna try to let the hype die down a little before I give my final verdict but after a few listens this is some fucking awesome stuff.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    no one. its available for download on my account on nin.com. i click download and it's stuck on a screen which reads

"We are waiting for payment confirmation from Shopify. Typically this takes less than one minute you can safely close this window if you do not wish to wait."

But heres the thing...I tried what you just said and it did the same thing to me. Chances are it stays on that screen because the album is NOT available to download yet....just the single that was emailed to us when we preordered. I got the same screen that just spun and spun and spun.