Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 318

Thread: nincatalog

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Are you sure that's not a French promo?
    Lol!! Yeah, youíre probably right. I just looked up Caroline International to see where they were based, didnít even read the actual label to notice it was in French. Ha!

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Here we go, as requested:

    Full res version here.
    I have entered this on the site but I also reached out to the photographer to see if there is any other insight he can provide so i can add it to the entry.
    nincatalog.com - photo: 1989 pretty hate machine era press photo (GER press photo)

    EDIT: So i had to take this down because Tom (the photographer) wanted money to display this image on the website.
    Last edited by spahn; 10-11-2021 at 01:06 PM.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    I have entered this on the site but I also reached out to the photographer to see if there is any other insight he can provide so i can add it to the entry.
    nincatalog.com - photo: 1989 pretty hate machine era press photo (GER press photo)

    EDIT: So i had to take this down because Tom (the photographer) wanted money to display this image on the website.
    Sheesh. That seems a trifle mean spirited. How much was he asking for? And did he offer any more details?

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Sheesh. That seems a trifle mean spirited. How much was he asking for? And did he offer any more details?
    yes, I agree. I'm all for artist making money and the such. But this is a fan site and if he wants to be petty over things like that, so be it. I've reached out to other photographers as a courtesy and as long as its not for commercial use (meaning, we are not selling it) and the proper credit is given, that's all they care about.

    And to answer your question, I didn't ask and no, he didnt provide any details. He just wanted to get paid for us posting the picture.
    Last edited by spahn; 10-11-2021 at 02:13 PM.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    yes, I agree. I'm all for artist making money and the such. But this is a fan site and if he wants to be petty over things like that, so be it. I've reached out to other photographers as a courtesy and as long as its not for commercial use (meaning, we are selling it) and the proper credit is given, that's all they care about.

    And to answer your question, I didn't ask and no, he didnt provide any details. He just wanted to get paid for us posting the picture.
    That's a shame. I know nothing about the legal ins and outs, but maybe there'd be a safe way of reproducing a version of it - a much lower resolution, or a more obvious photo of the photo rather than a scan? I dunno. It's a headache either way though.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    That's a shame. I know nothing about the legal ins and outs, but maybe there'd be a safe way of reproducing a version of it - a much lower resolution, or a more obvious photo of the photo rather than a scan? I dunno. It's a headache either way though.
    I agree. He started asking me about what I do for a living and if I do it for free. I am in IT and I do give out a lot of free IT advice and work for free. It's no sweat off my back and I don't like to nickel and dime people. I make a good enough living in my regular job that I can afford to do so. But whatever, that's my choice. I am not going to get into a spat with a photographer looking for a buck. It is what it is.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    That's a shame. I know nothing about the legal ins and outs, but maybe there'd be a safe way of reproducing a version of it - a much lower resolution, or a more obvious photo of the photo rather than a scan? I dunno. It's a headache either way though.
    Just FYI, i also offered to watermark it so that it can't be reproduced for sale. He kindly declined.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    576
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Just FYI, i also offered to watermark it so that it can't be reproduced for sale. He kindly declined.
    Well thank you in any case for putting in the time dealing with grumpy photographers. It's a shame because it's such a fun and kind of off-brand image. I'm now half hoping it gets picked up by one of the oddballs that makes nin/TR memes.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Well thank you in any case for putting in the time dealing with grumpy photographers. It's a shame because it's such a fun and kind of off-brand image. I'm now half hoping it gets picked up by one of the oddballs that makes nin/TR memes.
    Yeah, if anything, it promotes their work. And I totally get it, photography and that industry is not an easy career and I am sure they get ripped off all the time. Much like musicians and pirating That being said, there are battles that you need to fight and some that don't. A benign fan-site is not one you need to fight, imo. I'll leave it there. Now back to our regularly scheduled nincatalog updates.

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    @spahn @Tom

    https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html


    I understand that you probably don't want to deal with some bullshit over posting that pic, but you might have a "fair use" case here since; 1.) it's not commercial for resale and 2.) you could easily argue that the catalog is akin to educational as is serves as a wiki information store.

    Or you could go down the path of "fair use" by "altering the image in a parody way" maybe something like a banner of text that says something witty in the vain of say Banksy type commentary on "fair use" or "not for resale".

    As I final thought you could keep the entry on the catalog page and instead of showing the pic, provide a link where the pic should be and link here to this thread. I'm sure people could figure it out from there...

    In any event, you guys do awesome work! And I really appreciate it. Thanks!

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,455
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Huh. The Photographer in question must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed. It's actually kinda interesting that he hasn't posted the pic on his IG or portfolio page. Perhaps there's a larger story to this pic and we're free to embellish a crazy story in lieu of cataloging the image. Oh well.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    549
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    So that HTDA Instrumental Promo sold today? Damn, $350 isn't that bad, hope whomever got it will share.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    These have been added to nincatalog.

    Add Violence Releases:
    https://nincatalog.com/add-violence/

    HTDA Release:
    https://nincatalog.com/how-to-destroy-angels/

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    These have been added to nincatalog.

    Add Violence Releases:
    https://nincatalog.com/add-violence/

    HTDA Release:
    https://nincatalog.com/how-to-destroy-angels/
    Just a reminder that the French AV promo I posted in post #239 still needs to be added too.

  16. #256
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Just a reminder that the French AV promo I posted in post #239 still needs to be added too.
    It's been added. nincatalog.com - add violence (FR CD)
    Sorry for the delay on that one.

  17. #257
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    45
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Am I goofy, or is the Definitive Edition of The Fragile absent from the appropriate nincatalog page?

  18. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    921
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suedehead View Post
    Am I goofy, or is the Definitive Edition of The Fragile absent from the appropriate nincatalog page?
    It is not there.

  19. #259
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,156
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I think the UPC on this one is wrong:

    https://nincatalog.com/and-all-that-...en-eu-vhs-572/

    If the first digit is a 6, it doesn't pass the checksum. If it's a 0, then it comes up correctly.

  20. #260
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    I think the UPC on this one is wrong:

    https://nincatalog.com/and-all-that-...en-eu-vhs-572/

    If the first digit is a 6, it doesn't pass the checksum. If it's a 0, then it comes up correctly.
    Fixed. Thanks for catching that.

  21. #261
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    952
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    FYI, @bgalbraith and I are working towards some improvements on the site in the coming weeks, months, soon?
    As it stands, he's already upgraded a bunch of backend items, that no one here will even know about, but will improve the stability, security and usability all around.

    Stay tuned as we continue to make nincatalog even better! We appreciate everyone's continuous support and contributions to the site!

    FYI, all tour posters for this tour thus far have been added.

  22. #262
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    484
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Track listings have returned after about an eight(!) year hiatus. I've loaded in all the old data and now we can start filling in the gaps.

  23. #263
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Got a new addition that we might want to add to the catalog.

    I found a Japanese Promo of the Slip. It's essentially the same as this retail release, but has promo stickers on it.

    snapped a couple pictures of it

    Main differences - has the Sample sticker on top of the Hype sticker (which is on the wrapper, and not on the CD itself), and has the Sample sticker on both the CD and DVD.

  24. #264
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    549
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Got a new addition that we might want to add to the catalog.

    I found a Japanese Promo of the Slip. It's essentially the same as this retail release, but has promo stickers on it.

    snapped a couple pictures of it

    Main differences - has the Sample sticker on top of the Hype sticker (which is on the wrapper, and not on the CD itself), and has the Sample sticker on both the CD and DVD.
    Very cool! I'm still bummed out about a Japanese Slip promo CD I won on eBay from Portugal back in 2020 that got lost in the mail. It had the rare artwork insert that most copies don't have. Still haven't seen another copy up for sale with it since.

  25. #265
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    481
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Got another one to add! I seem to have found a decent source for Japanese versions of stuff. But the same idea as The Slip above, I got a copy of a Ghosts I-IV Japanese promo.

    It's the promo version of this retail copy.

    Comes with promo sticker on the OBI and on each disc. (Pictures here)

    I can scan both of these for higher fidelity photos if preferred, but used phone to post them quickly.

  26. #266
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    549
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Site seems to be down, can't access on desktop or phone.

    It's back.

    Since I've already made a post, I see that the Indonesian cassette tape for March of the Pigs isn't on the site. I have it and can do scans. Seems like they're a grey area. Discogs says they're unofficial, but there are some official tapes from there, and this one seems more legit looking than say the Further Down The Spiral one.
    Last edited by trollmanen; 07-28-2022 at 12:50 PM.

  27. #267
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    3,086
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)


    So... I realized I still needed "Ripe (With Decay)" for a mixtape and since the Definitive Edition vinyl+download has "Ripe" and not "Ripe (With Decay)" I went looking for a replacement CD.
    I found a still sealed copy of the Canadian release fairly close by and picked it up at a very good price (cheaper than the original retail).

    And they threw in a copy of the "Beside You In Time" DVD still sealed also.

  28. #268
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    549
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I noticed none of the official Hesitation Marks era tour posters are on the site. Do you need scans/pictures? I have two Tension dates one, the Hesitation Marks "vinyl cover" poster, and the Summer 2014 one.

  29. #269
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,278
    Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    I noticed none of the official Hesitation Marks era tour posters are on the site. Do you need scans/pictures? I have two Tension dates one, the Hesitation Marks "vinyl cover" poster, and the Summer 2014 one.
    I would like better pictures for the archive. Right now it’s a shitty image of the 4 from Tension in a jpg.

  30. #270
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    549
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I would like better pictures for the archive. Right now it’s a shitty image of the 4 from Tension in a jpg.
    I'll see what I can do, they're all relatively flat, so I should be able to get good pictures. As far as the "red line" Hesitation Marks poster, there's one that's been up on eBay for a while that we could steal the picture of. I want it, but not sure I want to spend $130 on it.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions