Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 61 to 89 of 89

Thread: nincatalog

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Added a few interesting items:

    Broken Brazilian 12" Promo Copy - http://nincatalog.com/broken/broken-br-vinyl12-1639/

    Closer to God/Further Away UK 12" Promo Part 1- http://nincatalog.com/closer-to-god/...-vinyl12-1637/

    Closer to God UK 12" Promo Part 2 - http://nincatalog.com/closer-to-god/...-vinyl12-1638/

    Also, for those who are on twitter, we have recently resurrected the nincatalog twitter account. Please be sure to give us a follow: https://twitter.com/nincatalog

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Just Added: Printed Artwork for the last 11 dates of the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour by various artists. Go check out these plus an archive of all the previous tour posters at http://nincatalog.com/printed-artwork/ See a missing print, let me know so I can get it added!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greater Boston
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Just Added: Printed Artwork for the last 11 dates of the Cold and Black and Infinite Tour by various artists. Go check out these plus an archive of all the previous tour posters at http://nincatalog.com/printed-artwork/ See a missing print, let me know so I can get it added!
    You may want to consider the way these are being graded. In my opinion the variants should be graded higher than the standard version. The variants had very small numbers while the standards had a lot more available. Just a thought.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    You may want to consider the way these are being graded. In my opinion the variants should be graded higher than the standard version. The variants had very small numbers while the standards had a lot more available. Just a thought.
    Some variants are still rather accessible via eBay or artist website. Although they are limited, the run number indicated on the site was the show run, not the artist run. Some artist made additional variants available post-show and I tried to adjust some of the numbers based on my findings.

    The run numbers that are listed are off an official source and only modified if I found to be otherwise via artist site.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if the 'Spoken' cassette (link) belongs on the catalog (can't see an entry for it), but let me know if so - I just scanned the J-card to update the discogs image. Can send over the full res version if you like.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I'm not sure if the 'Spoken' cassette (link) belongs on the catalog (can't see an entry for it), but let me know if so - I just scanned the J-card to update the discogs image. Can send over the full res version if you like.
    Ill send you a PM so you can upload them to Google Drive. Thanks!!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Generally curious why this thread isn't in Marketplace?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    1,544
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    I'm not sure if the 'Spoken' cassette (link) belongs on the catalog (can't see an entry for it), but let me know if so - I just scanned the J-card to update the discogs image. Can send over the full res version if you like.
    Is the audio from this cassette available to listen to anywhere? Or a transcript available?

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    235
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Is the audio from this cassette available to listen to anywhere? Or a transcript available?
    Here you go: https://www.theninhotline.com/news/permalink/1566438928

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,032
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Shouldn't these technically be listed as one release? Ghosts 1-4 is listed under the same banner, and these were only sold together (right?)

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,593
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Nope. They’re available separately on digital retailers.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    Shouldn't these technically be listed as one release? Ghosts 1-4 is listed under the same banner, and these were only sold together (right?)
    They are different halos as where Ghosts I-IV was one halo.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Thanks to @pcamera , The Downward Spiral UK Test Pressing, a holy grail, has been posted over on nincatalog
    http://nincatalog.com/the-downward-s...-vinyl12-1661/

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Thanks to @pcamera, The Downward Spiral UK Test Pressing, a holy grail, has been posted over on nincatalog
    http://nincatalog.com/the-downward-s...-vinyl12-1661/
    “A” might be an understatement, there might be a need for a Holy Shit category. Amazing, I can’t believe this remained hidden for so long. Thanks @pcamera for sharing this unbelievable stuff.

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Catching up on some submission from the past few months. Still got a bunch more to come but here are a few more.

    Just added:

    Pretty Hate Machine UK Promo Stickered: http://nincatalog.com/pretty-hate-ma...-vinyl12-1662/
    Sin US White Label Promo Pressing: http://nincatalog.com/sin/sin-us-vinyl12-1663/
    Physical/Suck 7" UK Test Press: http://nincatalog.com/broken/physica...k-vinyl7-1664/

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,157
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Pretty Hate Machine UK Promo Stickered: http://nincatalog.com/pretty-hate-ma...-vinyl12-1662/
    The UK release date for PHM was October 12, 1991. HLAH was September 14, 1991 & Sin was November 16, 1991.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greater Boston
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    The UK release date for PHM was October 12, 1991. HLAH was September 14, 1991 & Sin was November 16, 1991.
    Uh oh...I gave all the details that went along with the pictures I provided. Thing is I grabbed the information for the dates from other variants of the same pressings off the catalog. I figured what was there was correct so to save time I just used that information. This means there are others in the catalog with incorrect dates.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I believe the PHM UK promo came out in 1989, but I could be wrong.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    34.167488, -118.381863
    Posts
    1,157
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Back when I had access to Proquest's Entertainment Industry Magazine Archive, I didn't do a deep dive through all the UK music magazines. It looks like I only found material from New Music Express & Melody Maker. The dates above were pulled from the official UK Music Charts.

    That said, here are some dates from MM & NME:
    MM 11/17/90 - "down in it" is out this week on Island Records.
    NME 8/17/91 - A single, "Head Like a Hole" will be released by Island to coincide with the shows. Taken from the currently deleted "Pretty Hate Machine", LP it contains "Slate", "Copper" and "Opal" mixes of the song.
    MM 8/31/91 - "head like a hole" is out on Island on September 2; the album will be re-released on September 23. NIN play Wembley Stadium on August 31.
    NME 9/21/91 - Island are reissuing the two-year-old "Pretty Hate Machine" album on September 23.
    NME 9/21/91 - NIN were so pleased with the NME review of their single "Head Like a Hole" that they had it enlarged and stuck onto T-shirts which they wore on stage in Manchester.
    MM 11/16/91 - "sin" is out now on Island Records.

    Island Records could have released a promo of PHM simultaneously with TVT's US commercial release, but I distinctly remember seeing a UK vertical banner with release year of 1991. Alas, I can't seem to find any pics with my terrible search query.

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,593
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    While we're talking about foreign release dates then, the first Canadian release of PHM was during the first week of June 1990.

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,261
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    NME 9/21/91 - NIN were so pleased with the NME review of their single "Head Like a Hole" that they had it enlarged and stuck onto T-shirts which they wore on stage in Manchester.
    Was this the US or International cover art? Are there any photos from this show?

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    The UK promo vinyl does say 1989 on it (which makes sense if they dated it purely based on publishing) but if it were released in 1991, would it maybe have a dual copyright date that would show both 1989 and 1991? Just speculating...

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greater Boston
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I believe that the UK pressing of PHM did get released in '91. The test pressing for the release has a 1990 date on the sleeve. I always wondered why this date was there but a 1991 release date connects the dots. Also I've brought this up in the past and made little headway but why is this graded as a C on the catalog?

    http://nincatalog.com/pretty-hate-ma...uk-vinyl12-58/

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    florida
    Posts
    571
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Release dates have always been difficult to pinpoint for international releases. I generally go by what is posted on ninwiki as the date.
    Regarding grades, most of them have been there since the beginning of the site. We can make adjustments here or there if a general consensus is reached.

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    539
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    NINís deal with Island Records didnít happen until 1991.

    The original copyright dates were 1989 for PHM/DII, 1990 for HLAH/Sin, but all four were released in 1991.

    HLAH even had new content (the Opal remix done late 1990 and the new cover).

    The dates @ posted above are correct.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Austin, TX 24.24.1.400[Inc]
    Posts
    464
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadeout54321 View Post
    I believe that the UK pressing of PHM did get released in '91. The test pressing for the release has a 1990 date on the sleeve. I always wondered why this date was there but a 1991 release date connects the dots. Also I've brought this up in the past and made little headway but why is this graded as a C on the catalog?

    http://nincatalog.com/pretty-hate-ma...uk-vinyl12-58/
    @spahn I think there's an easy case to move that PHM Test Press to A

    Also while I'm at it:

    YZ EU Vinyl propose B - Limited to 1,500 (~25% on discogs)
    YZ US Vinyl propose C - No limit known 1,200 owned on discogs, using EUR capture percentage as an indication that'd point to about 5,000 copies pressed.
    TDS US Promo, propose C (the crowd gasps) since it has similar levels of ownership as YZ US

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    905
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I'm adding these UK release dates to the wiki. Thanks for posting them.

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greater Boston
    Posts
    398
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Here's the proof on the UK release date. Found an ebay listing for the release poster. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/373104422999

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions