Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Dexter

Only four episodes left in Season 6! This season is much better than last season.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Funny. Liking this season so far but my wife and I feel it isn't as good as last season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    this is probably the only show i've actually followed from the very start, and six seasons in i think it's safe to say that the show has not evolved one bit! bringing back Dex's brother from season 1 just reminded me of this. and, in this season the plot lines are sort of pulled out the writers's asses. i mean come on, DDK and his mega lousy Robin?! it's so weak they had to throw in Mos Def and the Trinity Killer... and Quinn has overstayed his welcome for about 4 seasons. he may be well cast, but his type of character can hardly sell a line.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quinn is the worst!! I don't care for them bringing back Dexter's brother. But I am looking forward to seeing how they resolve this season, while last year I just wanted to know when the new season would start already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was mind blowing. Though the plot device they threw in is in no way new, and actually could be considered overused in film, it works in a way that I wasn't expecting AT ALL. I'm not discouraged that they had it play out this way, and I'm really excited to see what happens now. I thought back to everything that happened and how it all makes sense. It doesn't seem like there was all that much foreshadowing, but from what I can tell everything was done consistently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    One of my best friends had a theory about Gellar and she was actually right. Woah, I can not wait till next Sunday. Also personally I've loved this season, but it's not one of my top favorites. Lewis is such a creeper!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I knew that was going to happen. They threw in little hints here and there from the beginning. I'm just glad they showed it this early and it was not THE BIG REVEAL at the end of the series or I would have been suuuper disappointed. I am very intrigued about the intern's motives. My guess is he has his suspicions about Dexter and he might be onto him, trying to learn from him, like the Dexter/Trinity coupling. We'll see!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    glad you guys are enjoying it.

here's a thought though: according to Dexter's code he's killing the bad guys because they've been bad and he must kill, right? and Dexter doesn't kill innocent people. so how does this withholding information from the police so that he gets to kill the bad guys work, if in the meantime the bad guys keep killing innocent people? isn't then Dexter breaking his code by proxy for no good reason other than selfishness?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I was so, so excited for this season, because a)I loved the last two seasons and b)I have a soft spot for Colin Hanks ever since I was a teen and he was in Roswell. I've been so disappointed with this season, though. Everything has been so obvious. And my poor Colin has been sub-optimal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    glad you guys are enjoying it.

here's a thought though: according to Dexter's code he's killing the bad guys because they've been bad and he must kill, right? and Dexter doesn't kill innocent people. so how does this withholding information from the police so that he gets to kill the bad guys work, if in the meantime the bad guys keep killing innocent people? isn't then Dexter breaking his code by proxy for no good reason other than selfishness?
    Dexter is obtaining information illegally. He breaks into peoples' houses all the time. Even if he shared his suspicions with the police, they would need probable cause to get a warrant. Meanwhile, if they cannot get said warrant and then the person goes missing, suspicion could be pointed toward Dexter. He's already had people suspicious of him and if he seems to have inside information about these killers, that could be worse for him. You are correct, though, more innocent people die because neither he nor the police are stopping these killers as quickly as they maybe could. Dexter does usually work faster than the police, though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Plus, the justice system might not always find these people guilty, while Dexter KNOWS they are. But most importantly - Dexter is a serial killer. He doesn't want these people to get caught because he wants to kill them. It IS selfish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been watching from the beginning, as well. I actually find this season way more entertaining than last season's "Mary Sue" Lumen. I think the episode with Dexter's brother was a genius idea only because they basically combined the two most popular seasons (the first and fourth) into one. I've been reading the official forums, and they had figured out the recent plot twist a month ago. Though, that kind spoiled it for me, but it's been fun nonetheless. I'm at least interested to see how it plays out. Last season was so predictable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by con4cyn View Post
    I've been reading the official forums, and they had figured out the recent plot twist a month ago. Though, that kind spoiled it for me, but it's been fun nonetheless. I'm at least interested to see how it plays out. Last season was so predictable.

See, this is one of the shows that I don't actively try and figure out what's going to happen way down the line in the season. I enjoy predicting what might happen in the next episode, but I don't get caught up in predicting the overall outcome. I do enjoy doing that, but with this show I'm pretty much along for the ride.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I just really need to say that LaGuerta needs to go away, hopefully at the hand of Dexter somehow. Because she has just gotten worse and worse every season. I really cannot stand her, oh man she just makes me rage lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    See, this is one of the shows that I don't actively try and figure out what's going to happen way down the line in the season. I enjoy predicting what might happen in the next episode, but I don't get caught up in predicting the overall outcome. I do enjoy doing that, but with this show I'm pretty much along for the ride.
    Same. I just want to sit back, and just enjoy a show like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatecrayons View Post
    I just really need to say that LaGuerta needs to go away, hopefully at the hand of Dexter somehow. Because she has just gotten worse and worse every season. I really cannot stand her, oh man she just makes me rage lol.
    She's despicable. In the books, she was killed off by Brian. I guess the character was too sensational for the writers to get rid of in the first season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quinn, I think, has finally overstayed his welcome and will ideally be gone by the end of the season. It would have been interesting to have Brian's return as the beginning of a downward spiral instead of a slight detour, but I can't see an arc like that being anything except the end of the show and they just got renewed for two more seasons. I wonder if LaGuerta is going to ascend the ladder in the police department, which would be a way to get her off-screen for most of the time.

Definitely interested in seeing how the rest of the season plays out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've found this season pretty terrible.

It could have been good, but instead it's been lacking any real emotional impact. Last season they had Johnny Lee Miller pretending to be Brad Pitt, this season they have Colin Hanks pretending to be Edward Norton.

It's not working for me. I really wish they had kept Brother Sam alive. It would have been interesting to see Dexter killing people and embracing his dark side while Brother Sam tried to convince him he had good inside him.

I feel like they've wasted what could have been a fantastic topic (religion).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The last part of the PBS America In Primetime that dealt with modern TV crusaders had some interesting insights on the show from other TV writers and producers (including Michael's old boss, Alan Ball), in particular David Simon. Was wondering if anyone else caught this.

As for the show itself, I hope now that it's been renewed for two more seasons that in the next go they make the villain someone else other than a serial killer, a mob hitman or an ex-IRA bomber or something. That (and other parts) of the show are getting a bit tiresome, although the character itself is still very much the draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    and Quinn has overstayed his welcome for about 4 seasons. he may be well cast, but his type of character can hardly sell a line.
    I have never been able to figure out where they plan to go with his character..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So in the first few seasons of Dexter, it amused me to see how many actors they brought from Taken (not the Liam Neeson movie, the Sci-Fi aliens miniseries from 2002). Rita, Quinn... and I know there were more, though I can't think off the top of my head. So, since the show is wrapping up in the next few years, clearly they'll have to get on the ball and bring squeeze in more main characters from the old miniseries. Thus, I think next season's main foe should be... Dakota Fanning. As a Bad Seed.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I think this season is so disappointing so far. No one is shinning this year. It lacks punches and suspense.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It will be interesting to see where they might go with Louis (I think that's his name), Masuka's intern even though it is a sub plot, if anyone else noticed the little twist there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    It will be interesting to see where they might go with Louis (I think that's his name), Masuka's intern even though it is a sub plot, if anyone else noticed the little twist there.
    He was too much of a good guy to not have something weird going on in the dark, which makes me feel silly not realizing before last episode's last second.

I'm definitely enjoying this season, but a lot of that is due to the anti-religious tone.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    As for the intern, I thought they were going with a Dexter parallel, with the zealous student looking at the mentor who barely realizes he exists. I'm willing to bet the most recent ep reveal is because Dexter was involved in the case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    what's the twist exactly? the guy likes to shop on eBay and isn't very honest. that's about it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    what's the twist exactly? the guy likes to shop on eBay and isn't very honest. that's about it.
    I think there may be a little more to it than that. There was a very pointed focus on that particular item.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I still like the show, but I couldn't give a flying fuck about the melodrama between other characters that aren't Dexter. MY biggest complaint with the show is that these characters (Quinn, LaGuerta, and others to an extent) are so underdeveloped and unlikable, it dramatically brings down an otherwise great series. I really liked what they did with Brother Sam's character though.
    Last edited by adrenalinejunkie; 12-02-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Not the best season so far, but WAY better than last one.

I'm thrilled about next week's episode. I'm guessing the "Guellar" twist isn't exactly the biggest twist this season.

Seriously, look at this:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    Not the best season so far, but WAY better than last one.

I'm thrilled about next week's episode. I'm guessing the "Guellar" twist isn't exactly the biggest twist this season.

Seriously, look at this:
    I'm wondering whose bloody hand that was in the door. I'm afraid for Deb, and I think Quinn is the one who is going to be shot. I'm freaking out. I can't wait until the next episode.