Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 481 to 510 of 511

Thread: Dexter

  1. #481
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

    Dexter

    hey! Spoiler: did curt kill the bartender he danced with to the runaway song ? i think i saw her in the trophies.

    edit also
    Spoiler: angela is definitely thinking dexter took out molly

  2. #482
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    If you are a fan and waiting for the finale, do NOT visit the Dexter subreddit (if you are a reddit user) as the Australian fans have already seen the finale, and stuff is getting posted about it, reactions etc...I'm now avoiding like the plague.

    Spoiler: apparently it's even worse than the original ending.
    Spoiler: I wouldn't worry too much about what's being said. The Australian's didn't like last week either, and I thought it was great.

  3. #483
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,391
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Sooooo yeah. That ending.

  4. #484
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

    Dexter

    reminder: no spoilers til tomorrow. also, please tag them with spoilers tags.

    edit. tomorrow is in like an hour so just tag your spoilers, folks. iím out til i watch it.

  5. #485
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was really fucking good. I'm glad the show got a proper ending.

  6. #486
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,251
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yea that was some bs. Way too rushed. They made a whole other season to fix the rushed ending of the original show and then they rush the ending againÖ


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  7. #487
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    1,483
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I'm fine with that ending.

  8. #488
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Spoiler: The only part that didn't really work for me was Dexter busting out of jail the way he did. The motivation is there I get that, but how it happened didn't seem believable.

    I've seen a few people being upset that one minute Dexter was afraid of the death penalty, and the next he was OK with being killed by Harrison.....I don't think that's really what happened. I think Dexter was trying to manipulate Harrison and that it backfired on him. Trying to make Harrison feel trapped.

    He set it up so that the only choices Harrison could see were to either go on the run with him as a killer, or kill him. Thinking that Harrison would choose to go on the run with him.

    And a teenager who's had a traumatic life making an impulsive decision to shoot the person who he blames for most of it isn't at all a stretch either.

    Yeah, Harrison could have held him there until the police arrived, or shot him in the leg again so he couldn't flee, or just let him go by himself, but an overwhelmed teenager's not going to see those options in the moment.

  9. #489
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,009
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    It was perfect

  10. #490
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

    Dexter

    i loved it too but it was sooo unfair. so harsh.

    also:

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Spoiler: I'm finally watching this.
    I like how it's being done. I'll say that.

    Without talking spoilers - anyone else think this will end with Dexter dead? I'm guessing there's an 80-90% chance right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Spoiler: yes i think that Harrison could be a threat since he’s obviously resentful.
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 01-10-2022 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spoiler tags not displaying properly

  11. #491
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

  12. #492
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,251
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My take on the finale.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/Dexter/comm...&utm_term=link


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

  13. #493
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,511
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i loved it too but it was sooo unfair. so harsh.
    Spoiler:

    also:





    The spoiler tagged posts above got me thinking awhile back, and combining that with xmas gifts, episode 9, and the trailer, I wound up predicting it to an uncanny degree, which kind of sucked in that there were almost no surprises. I was happy with the ending overall.
    @M1ke , Spoiler: as far as breaking out of jail being too easy? I live in a town of 2000, have been to jail here, and could have left on MULTIPLE occasions. Hell, they'd leave ONE young, unarmed female guard. She'd forget to lock the cell after showers and then go on break...as in lunch at her house, more than once. I'd use their free phone, search the place and get extra food, found a cigarette lighter, etc, and then get back in the cell. ONCE she came back and i still had the cell open, and said "oh my gosh, you coulda just LEFT, hahaha!" And i was thinking "JESUS lady, you're lucky i'm not dangerous." You'd be surprised. These small towns are ridiculous. They aren't really used to having people in there at ALL.

    Spoiler: I KNEW Harrison would kill Dexter. I thought that MAYBE he wouldn't if Dexter hadn't taught him the code, first. I thought that might be too dark, but then, episode 9 happened. Also, Harrison was WAY too interested in that gun.
    My OTHER prediction was the possibility of another series/season with Harrison as the lead and Dexter taking on Deb's role. I kind of hope they DON'T try that, though.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-10-2022 at 02:30 AM.

  14. #494
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,009
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Spoiler: A Harrison spin-off would be pretty lame, and itís clear to me this was done in part to not just rectify the show but maybe Hallís career (he is credited as a producer after all) to an extent too. Heís a great actor, and even in those lame seasons he was still the best thing about it, and still made the character interesting despite the boring BS happening around him.

    Iíll say this much for the young man playing Harrison, if he plays his cards right he could have a hell of a career in front of him. Thatís surprising especially since the kids who played Ritaís children were nowhere as memorable.

    And I thought Julia Jones was good too. She was heartbreaking in Taylor Sheridanís Wind River, and channeled that a bit here Spoiler: though I thought the scene where she discovers the bodies was a bit off, mostly in the editing.

    God damn it was so perfect. Watching all but last weekís episode with my dad has made it incredibly and strangely poignant for me. Honestly anybody who feels that it wasnít are just bloodthirsty idiots, wanting to keep the saga of Americaís favorite serial killer going. The hidden theme of this final act to me is that somehow itís creators understand the inherent ridiculousness of making him out to be a super hero.

  15. #495
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    Posts
    489
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I thought the ending was great

  16. #496
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    2,012
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Spoiler: A Harrison spin-off would be pretty lame, and itís clear to me this was done in part to not just rectify the show but maybe Hallís career (he is credited as a producer after all) to an extent too. Heís a great actor, and even in those lame seasons he was still the best thing about it, and still made the character interesting despite the boring BS happening around him.

    Iíll say this much for the young man playing Harrison, if he plays his cards right he could have a hell of a career in front of him. Thatís surprising especially since the kids who played Ritaís children were nowhere as memorable.

    And I thought Julia Jones was good too. She was heartbreaking in Taylor Sheridanís Wind River, and channeled that a bit here Spoiler: though I thought the scene where she discovers the bodies was a bit off, mostly in the editing.

    God damn it was so perfect. Watching all but last weekís episode with my dad has made it incredibly and strangely poignant for me. Honestly anybody who feels that it wasnít are just bloodthirsty idiots, wanting to keep the saga of Americaís favorite serial killer going. The hidden theme of this final act to me is that somehow itís creators understand the inherent ridiculousness of making him out to be a super hero.
    yes! they were building the ending the whole time. i feel like it was obvious. i was reading comments on reddit and

    Spoiler: i saw someone say they were hoping dexter was wearing blood packs and a bullet proof vest to fake his death AGAIN. iím like wtf? thatís just dumb!

    harrisonís pain from abandonment was obvious from the start. i fucking hate that he had to kill dexter but itís completely poetic and logical to me. it is unfair to him if you ask me. heís already been through a lot and killing his own father is gonna fuck him up even more.


    i loved the ending and iíd watch a series with Jack Alcot. heís a great actor. i hope it happens.

  17. #497
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,130
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    i loved it too but it was sooo unfair. so harsh.
    Spoiler:

    also:


    Well, there was really only one way for it to all end....
    I thought it was well done. I liked the tie-in's to the beginning of the original Dexter.

    I feel like the whole series was just a way to rectify the horrible ending at Season 8. I think they did the whole thing justice, and now it can be put to bed. I think it would be absolute folly to have a spin off with Harrison, and I highly doubt Michael C Hall would be on board with that.
    Last edited by Magnetic; 01-10-2022 at 11:30 AM.

  18. #498
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Manchester, UK.
    Posts
    458
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wouldn't have minded if they'd have fleshed things out a bit more. They really rushed things and made something that seemed really unsatisfactory & anticlimactic to me personally.

    Such a great season overall, but yeah - I'd have much preferred they split the ending into 2 episodes to tie certain things up a bit better.

    Praying they don't make a Harrison spin-off.

  19. #499
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,006
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    I wouldn't have minded if they'd have fleshed things out a bit more. They really rushed things and made something that seemed really unsatisfactory & anticlimactic to me personally.

    Such a great season overall, but yeah - I'd have much preferred they split the ending into 2 episodes to tie certain things up a bit better.

    Praying they don't make a Harrison spin-off.
    I'd be OK with a Harrison spin-off as long as they don't try to turn him into Dexter 2.0

    It'd have to go in a different direction, like what Better Call Saul is to Breaking Bad.

  20. #500
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    10,403
    Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    I really liked this series and the finale...mostly.

    Spoiler: Could've done without Dexter being shot by Harrison. Guess if there's a follow-up/spin-off then Dexter will be a figment of Harrison's imagination in conversations like Harry and Deb were to Dexter.

  21. #501
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,381
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm sad this is over, but wow they stuck the landing. Phenomal, and one of the best seasons they've done...as well as one of the best series ever.

  22. #502
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm sad this is over, but wow they stuck the landing. Phenomal, and one of the best seasons they've done...as well as one of the best series ever.
    I thought the finale was great & they fixed the damage done by the end of the original series. Looking forward to whatever Michael C Hall is in next.

  23. #503
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    California
    Posts
    50
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I liked it a lot but I’m so sad it’s overrrrrr! I don’t watch many shows but both Dexter shows were ones I did watch.... I thought the ending was pretty decent, at least better than I was expecting.

  24. #504
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,511
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    I saw a lunatic on YouTube literally CRYING over how awful.the ending was, going on about how much he "IDENTIFIES" with Dexter, and he can't BELIEVE that could happen to him. He said that the show runner and Michael C. Hall don't UNDERSTAND Dexter like he does. This goes on for a good 25 minutes.

    This guy should be on a fucking FBI watchlist. He ALSO said he's seen the first eight seasons 27 times, and he looks like he's about 23.

    What's worse is that out of 1400 comments, a good 1300 people feel the same way.

    I get feeling like the ending was rushed. But these people who are furious over Dexter's fate, and are praying that he was wearing blood packs, or that the ending turns out to be a dream sequence: I don't think they ever understood the character- specifically that he's a fucking PSYCHOPATH.

    Also, they scare me a bit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-16-2022 at 09:20 AM.

  25. #505
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,686
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I saw a lunatic on YouTube literally CRYING over how awful.the ending was, going on about how much he "IDENTIFIES" with Dexter, and he can't BELIEVE that could happen to him. He said that the show runner and Michael C. Hall don't UNDERSTAND Dexter like he does. This goes on for a good 25 minutes.

    This guy should be on a fucking FBI watchlist. He ALSO said he's seen the first eight seasons 27 times, and he looks like he's about 23.

    What's worse is that out of 1400 comments, a good 1300 people feel the same way.

    I get feeling like the ending was rushed. But these people who are furious over Dexter's fate, and are praying that he was wearing blood packs, or that the ending turns out to be a dream sequence: I don't think they ever understood the character- specifically that he's a fucking PSYCHOPATH.

    Also, they scare me a bit.
    Did you like this season @elevenism ? Although a bit too gory for my usual tastes I thoroughly enjoyed the season. I will admit I have a slight crush on Dexter's foul mouthed ghost sister, haha. She'd be good trouble!

  26. #506
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,511
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Did you like this season @elevenism? Although a bit too gory for my usual tastes I thoroughly enjoyed the season. I will admit I have a slight crush on Dexter's foul mouthed ghost sister, haha. She'd be good trouble!
    A. Yes, I loved it.
    B. A bit gory, but i believe this was on purpose, and meant to remind us (and show Harrison) that Dexter IS, in fact, a monster.
    C. Right there with you

  27. #507
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    8,391
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    B. A bit gory, but i believe this was on purpose
    I should hope so!

  28. #508
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    6,009
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I saw a lunatic on YouTube literally CRYING over how awful.the ending was, going on about how much he "IDENTIFIES" with Dexter, and he can't BELIEVE that could happen to him. He said that the show runner and Michael C. Hall don't UNDERSTAND Dexter like he does. This goes on for a good 25 minutes.

    This guy should be on a fucking FBI watchlist. He ALSO said he's seen the first eight seasons 27 times, and he looks like he's about 23.

    What's worse is that out of 1400 comments, a good 1300 people feel the same way.

    I get feeling like the ending was rushed. But these people who are furious over Dexter's fate, and are praying that he was wearing blood packs, or that the ending turns out to be a dream sequence: I don't think they ever understood the character- specifically that he's a fucking PSYCHOPATH.

    Also, they scare me a bit.
    Thank you for not sharing the YouTube clip. I believe you.

  29. #509
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    the beginning of the end
    Posts
    8,511
    Mentioned
    636 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I should hope so!
    Nice.

  30. #510
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    2,888
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Finally got around to finishing this, and while I did thoroughly enjoy it, the end fizzled out so fast. Dexter's demise was fitting and Harrison's closure with his father, but it felt incredibly rushed.

    What I liked a lot about the end was showing Dex breaking the code and just killing people that were in his way just to escape and do it all over again. You can see the disappointment and concern in Harrison's face, damn that hit hard.

    This should have been at least 2 seasons long, and there would have been an amazing dynamic and exchange between Dex and Bautista which seemed pointless to me at the end. Really good stuff the first half of the season though.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-07-2022 at 02:59 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions