Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    ^^^
    This trailer really sold me, I went from cautiously optimistic to all the way IN! It's going to be great!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Ok, I'll bite.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Looks good!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tonight!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Totally forgot it was last night. How was it?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I thought it was pretty good. They basically kinda jump right back into it. Be interesting to see how the story plays out.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It was a good set up and a very solid first episode, but I'm trying not to get my hopes too high, this show has let me down before.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It was pretty decent. Pretty low bar coming from where the show left off though.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Yeah i enjoyed the premiere, I guess there's been enough distance and time that it feels fresh and revitalized again.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    He went and done it.

Spoiler: If he had just killed a nobody he would've been home free probably. Oh, Dexter.

I thought it was really good and a return to form.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Oh my god that was good

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Really enjoyed this. I've been spoilt by the streaming era of having everything there instantly, but it's nice to have an episode of Dexter to look forward to every week once again.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed that episode, excited to see where this goes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    How many episodes will there be? I'm tempted to keep off of this until Dec 8th when I'm finally reunited with my partner from the UK, and we could binge watch this.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I wanted to not like that first episode but ended up liking it. Michael C Hall is just good. You can't escape his magnetism.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First episode was great! @sweeterthan is right...Hall is just too damn great in this role.

Oh, and @Magnetic 8 episodes. The last airing on Boxing Day apparently. If all goes well, and of course we knew this would happen, I read an interview with a main producer (Clyde Philips I think?) where he said if it's very well received then season 10 wasn't off the table.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Season 10? Oh boy...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It's of course vague answers to the question but this is the article I read.

Clyde Philips (creator)

"I'm not giving away anything," the creator told Us at the premiere. He told The Hollywood Reporter, "Never say never. Anything can happen. I'm not going to commit to the fact that this is the absolute end to the franchise."

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I thought it was amazing. Beautiful cinematography, GREAT acting, great story, plenty of gallows humor, moments of tension, moments of deep emotion- basically everything that made Dexter so damned good to begin with.
    I'm honestly stunned that they managed to pull ONE episode out of what seemed like a random ass cop out final scene in season 8. It looked like it was just meant to say "PLOT TWIST! HE SURVIVED lolz," and the setting had nothing to do with that, really. It could have been anywhere.
    And with only 8 episodes? I expect this thing to be well written and EXTREMELY tight through and through, without a wasted scene.

Edit:
    Also, true crime fans, did you notice the obvious (imho) similarities to this boating incident involving a powerful, "we run this town" family called the Murdaughs? There's a LOT of evidence of a cover-up attempt.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-11-2021 at 04:58 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    "Tonight's the night, hello Dexter Morgan."

This was the moment it really set in... Goosebumps. Just feels right for Dexter to be back right now. Love what they did with the score at the end!
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-11-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I love how so much of this is him, out of practice, slightly out of shape and just older. Added to which, the re-appearance of his son and the very present themes of family this time around. It was always a strong element but never this deep. It’s the kind of thing that comes with the time in between. It’s pretty clear to me that a major influence on this was the last season of Twin Peaks. TP as it was up to 2006 undoubtedly influenced the show from the beginning but the setting and the whole reappearance of these characters feels like a lot of it’s initial inspiration for resurrecting the show came from The Return.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I love how so much of this is him, out of practice, slightly out of shape and just older. Added to which, the re-appearance of his son and the very present themes of family this time around. It was always a strong element but never this deep. It’s the kind of thing that comes with the time in between. It’s pretty clear to me that a major influence on this was the last season of Twin Peaks. TP as it was up to 2006 undoubtedly influenced the show from the beginning but the setting and the whole reappearance of these characters feels like a lot of it’s initial inspiration for resurrecting the show came from The Return.
    Not to mention the look of the cop shop and the small town setting in the Pacific Northwest.
    I'd been calling this Dexter Goes to Twin Peaks BEFORE it came out, albeit jokingly.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Not to mention the look of the cop shop and the small town setting in the Pacific Northwest.
    I'd been calling this Dexter Goes to Twin Peaks BEFORE it came out, albeit jokingly.
    This takes place in Upstate New York, not the PNW. And was mostly filmed in Massachusetts.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This episode made me sad. Not because of anything that happened, but because of the direction I think this is headed.

Spoiler: This season will be a set-up, of Dexter teaching Harrison "Harry's Code" to try to reboot the series with Harrison being the new serial killer.

I'm now filled with doubt that the promising start this season got off to is going to do anything but fall apart.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Eh, I don't see that at all right now, but I can understand why you think this.

Season is bloody good, the back and fourth with Dex and Deb is fantastic, with sprinkles of everything I wanted from this season when it comes to the writing. Some nitpicks of course, but I can look passed them because I'm really enjoying this.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    This episode made me sad. Not because of anything that happened, but because of the direction I think this is headed.

Spoiler: This season will be a set-up, of Dexter teaching Harrison "Harry's Code" to try to reboot the series with Harrison being the new serial killer.

I'm now filled with doubt that the promising start this season got off to is going to do anything but fall apart.
    it was inevitable if you ask me but
    Spoiler: i think there’s potential for harrison to kill dexter. he might not have a code. he might just be mad and lashing out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    This takes place in Upstate New York, not the PNW. And was mostly filmed in Massachusetts.
    i've only seen the first episode, but, seriously? That's some fully bi-costal retconning. Does it mention him LEAVING the Pacific Northwest?
    I mean, they went all the way to fucking Oregon to film the original final scenes, to make DAMN sure we knew he was in the PNW.

Edit: i guess it's implicit that he's no longer where he was in the finale, as he's no longer working as a logger.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-29-2021 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i've only seen the first episode, but, seriously? That's some fully bi-costal retconning. Does it mention him LEAVING the Pacific Northwest?
    I mean, they went all the way to fucking Oregon to film the original final scenes, to make DAMN sure we knew he was in the PNW.

Edit: i guess it's implicit that he's no longer where he was in the finale, as he's no longer working as a logger.
    They definitely address it in the first episode.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    They definitely address it in the first episode.
    Crazy; I somehow didn't catch it.
    I guess I didn't catch what was Ackshyually going on,. ;P Also, forgive me: I've rarely left the southwest, except to go 5 hours north, to Denver. The only forest-y places I've seen IRL are the Piney Woods.
    It STILL has a touch of Twin Peaks vibe though, what with the quirky small town featuring a dark underbelly.

@otnavuskire , did E01 explain how Our Hero made it from Astoria Oregon, on the banks of the Columbia river, to upstate NY?
    I don't wanna rewatch it; I'm already three episodes behind, because of ungodly family bullshit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 11-30-2021 at 12:28 AM.