Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I knew Isaak wouldn't survive, but didn't think it'd go the way that it did!

Also, since the series has to wrap up eventually, maybe Hannah (sorry, almost called her Sarah from her "Chuck" character) will be the "answer" to his dark passenger. We all very well know that he's been searching for one and constantly asking "how real people feel" from his narrations, without having to pretend to feel something. I'm interested to see how it plays out, but I agree that last night didn't really have the ending I was hoping for, for Isaak.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm actually kinda happy with the way Issak went. Very admirable. And Issak might very well be my favorite "villain" of the series thus far. The first one to actually make you feel sympathetic. His life was absolute shambles, but stuck to his convictions to the end. I actually felt bad for his character. And now we lead into the next season; the flamer, and LaGeurta (sp?) investigating Dexter. Should be interesting.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Still a fair bit of the season to go, but I've loved all of it. I'd imagine they'd already written out Isaak before realising how popular he'd get. A lot of it's down to Ray Stevenson being one hell of a charismatic actor, and it's been great to see him stretch and emote properly again. I miss Rome...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I agree, definitely the most likable villain. I do like the way that he went out, but hated that he was shot from that douche from the club (sorry, his name escapes me atm). Wanting Dexter to take him out to sea to be buried with his love, I thought was very "cute" and admirable, too.

I do find it strange however that they are introducing a new character with only 3 episodes left. It's like, they wrapped up the season too early and remembered they had a few episodes left to go yet. Other than the story lines going on at the club, there's not much left, correct?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: Dexter

I've been under the impression, though, that this was originally supposed to be the final season, but showtime convinced them for one more. So, in a way, we're getting one continuing season to wrap things up in two.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

My understanding was that last year they got renewed for two more seasons which allowed them the write a clear path to the series finale.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    My understanding was that last year they got renewed for two more seasons which allowed them the write a clear path to the series finale.
    Yes that is what I remember too. Sorry about Isaac too. I just can't stand LaGuerta. I hope she goes down somehow without catching Dexter.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I can't stand laguerta either. She drives me nuts.

I wasn't a fan of this episode either. Glad to see I'm not the only one. It had a cheesy vibe to it thats been missing from the whole season.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Because it would have overshadowed the Laguerta and Hanna storyline. Isaak was never meant to be the centerpiece of this season.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    How do you want the series to end? There's pretty much 3 options. He doesn't get caught. Gets caught & gets death penalty or gets shot by police (most likely his sister)?

sny other scenarios?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wanted to see him get caught while Rita was still alive, how she would have responded to it would have been interesting. I think the way it's going now is that he's going to do away with Harry's code completely and become a more villainous killer, rather than a self-righteous one. That all said, I don't know if that will make the series more interesting or not. This season started off well enough, but it went off the rails gradually. Isaak's death last week was the breaking point.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

I think he'll say goodbye to his "dark passenger". He's gonna have to kill LaGuerta though. Who knows if he'll get caught...

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    By not following his code, his more prone to making mistakes. I think this episode was the beginning of Dexter's demise.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

If anything, I'd say he's capable of giving it up now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Man, I was so proud of Dexter for giving Deb the phantom, then 2.5 seconds later he just shits all over the code! Maybe he'll just kill jerks from now on. I'd be okay with that.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Oh man, I started quite late with reviewing past episodes and now I am catching up so I'm excited for Sunday's episode. But to be honest, the show has become such a drag. The only thing that keeps me watching is an interesting character once in a while (why did they kill off Isaac? Damn it!) and to see if Dexter finally makes his worst mistake yet. I seriously can not imagine how they will come up with a believable season next year other than with a huge cliffhanger by this season's finale that will set Dexter's fate in stone. They just have to kill im or send him off far, far away.

And am I the only one that is absolutely tired of Quinn's side adventures aswell as Batista? Boring as hell without adding much to the seasons stories... Season 1 was flawlessbut it is getting ridiciulous now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    And am I the only one that is absolutely tired of Quinn's side adventures aswell as Batista? Boring as hell without adding much to the seasons stories...
    Yes, tired of Quinn. He barely has any redeeming characteristics. Though he gets credit for saving the girl. Batista, while likeable, just hasn't had any interesting story matter in a long time.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea I agree. Batista has been kind of lurking in the background for some time. It's a shame because I really like him as a character in the show. This show was much more interesting to me when all the side character had more play in the story, or a story for themselves to figure out. It seemed like in past episodes that all the side characters had something going on with them and you were able to connect with them on a different level with what they were going through. Now it just seems like they are just.... there. And what the fuck happened to the brilliant writing and lines for Masuka? I miss him.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Batista is one of the most likeable characters on the show, but his downfall or at the least the downfall of the writers for him began with his relationship with LaGuerta. From there on he became a lifeless bystander. Too bad... Heck, even his sister gets more valuable screentime than he does. And Deb? Wow, they really cranked it up with her tourettes this time around. Just when you thought it could not get any worse.

It really is laughable how a show that started out soooo good has become such a mess. I'm thoroughly sad that Isaac's gone. At least we got to see the kids grow up a bit more, but initially they did not serve a real purpose either in episode 9.
    Last edited by dlb; 12-06-2012 at 06:27 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Batista is one of the most likeable characters on the show, but his downfall or at the least the downfall of the writers for him began with his relationship with LaGuerta. From there on he became a lifeless bystander. Too bad... Heck, even his sister gets more valuable screentime than he does. And Deb? Wow, they really cranked it up with her tourettes this time around. Just when you thought it could not get any worse.

It really is laughable how a show that started out soooo good has become such a mess. I'm thoroughly sad that Isaac's gone. At least we got to see the kids grow up a bit more, but initially they did not serve a real purpose either in episode 9.
    Am I the only one thinking Deb is just fine? Her reactions are a bit extreme sometimes, but nothing too out of the ordinary. And the actress (can't recall her name right now) is doing a good job, her performance feels natural.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post
    Am I the only one thinking Deb is just fine? Her reactions are a bit extreme sometimes, but nothing too out of the ordinary. And the actress (can't recall her name right now) is doing a good job, her performance feels natural.
    I love Deb. I think the character is perfect and that Jennifer Carpenter is perfect for the part. Deb is got me through the Miguel season... speaking of, why hasnt Laguerta thought about that in relation to Dexter? Are the writers ignoring that season as much as I want to? That season was the only time I wasnt totally into the show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Aw shit, the trailer for next week looked pretty suspenseful for the final season! I hope it's just the way they edited the preview, but it looks like Dexter is fucked. He fucked up the shipping container kill for sure.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Anyone else think Deb spiked the drink herself?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think we will find out next week for sure, now that she's in jail. I think she may have though

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I think so. Pretty risky thing to do- how did she know she would not die in a crash. Looks like Hannah is getting really nasty next week. Dexter is screwed, maybe.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Oh i totally entertained the idea of Deb spiking the water and causing her accident.

For one in the same episode during her confrontation with Hannah she basically said I will do ANYTHING to protect Dexter from you and for two Hannah like she said has never failed a kill.

EDIT: Also who else kept going..... Dexter... you're being an idiot and not thinking about this, IT'S A TRAP DAMN IT!

So obvious lol
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 12-10-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's been a long time coming since I wanted to see the next episode so badly.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    I was thinking that maybe Hannahs friend did the poisoning. That would also explain the blond hair at debs crib.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    I was thinking that maybe Hannahs friend did the poisoning. That would also explain the blond hair at debs crib.
    Wasn't her friend kind of a readhead?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This has been a real solid season, probably the best since season 4. Next weeks finale will probably set up all of the next and final season, got to think Dexter will be on the defense or on the run all next season.