Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Yea I really enjoyed this episode. Love the way Dex killed tonight, so much of every emotion in that one.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Were victor and the head Ukrainian mob guy lovers or brothers? father and son? The scene with bartender was brutal.

I definitely think Louis will come back to haunt Dexter. There's going to be some evidence (besides the blood on the boat) of him stalking Dexter on the computer or in his apartment.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I was thinking the same thing if they were related or not. I mean he said when he was talking to Dexter in the club he was there for other reasons; I know he was talking about finding out who killed Victor, but he also didn't seem to interested in girls either... who knows. But yea, that scene was pretty messed up with the bartender. Also with the blood on Dexter's boat that George might have not cleaned up that great, Isaak said how Victor did everything that he (George) could not. Maybe that is some foreshadowing there?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Talk about convenient for Harrison to be sent away for a few weeks, not only as a precaution with Speltzer having been out and about but especially with the heat Isaak's gonna bring.

Haha i loved the line from Dexter about running away from Speltzer lol perfect.

Also talk about a major freak out/mockery moment in the kill room.

Great episode!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Also talk about a major freak out/mockery moment in the kill room.
    This! God it had to be one of my favorite Dexter moments EVER!. So funny and so good.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Last night's episode was fantastic. This season has been very good so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I got a good laugh out of the "stay" card, too.

I am wondering if Viktor and the Head Ukrainian are also father and son, or lovers. I said that same thing to my fiance.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's definitely an Eastern Promises situation. Viktor wouldn't put a picture of him with his dad behind a picture frame.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Unless maybe they kept the father/son deal secret for a reason. Maybe they were lovers though. He wasn't impressed with the strippers after all...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Issac! I freaking knew it!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I really like where this season is going. Far better than the last two.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    I really like where this season is going. Far better than the last two.
    The last four, in my opinion. Still not bringing it to quite the same blistering degree of those first two seasons, but it feels like it's going back to more of a character study and morality tale than just The Continuing Adventures Of Your Friendly Neighbourhood Serial Killer.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Last four? You didn't like the Trinity season??

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Last four? You didn't like the Trinity season??
    I like every season of Dexter, but the first two seasons were some of the best TV I've ever seen. No, I didn't think the Trinity season stuck out particularly, I don't understand why it tends to get rated so highly. Aside from the way it ended, it did as little to advance the story or offer anything deeper as 3, 5 or 6.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Dexter

The trinity season was the high point of the series. All downhill from there. This season definitely tries but fails.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    "Fails" is a bit harsh, compared to how it really failed the last two seasons.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    "Fails" is a bit harsh, compared to how it really failed the last two seasons.
    Ok, I took it too far with saying that. It does surpass the last two seasons.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I agree that seasons 1 & 2 were amazing tv. The suspense, and Dexter being so much more connected to his code was very fun and exciting to watch. The Trinity season for me advanced Dexter into more of a different character and made him question a lot of the things he believed in. Plus, he was the smartest adversary I believe Dexter has ever faced or been outsmarted by.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ugh, I thought they dropped the incest story line. great to see the kids again though. I really hope Dexter gets caught at the end of this year and next year is the trial and death of Dexter
    Last edited by Broadbent; 11-19-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    ugh, I thought they dropped the incest story line. great to see the kids again though. I really hope Dexter gets caught at the end of this year and next year is the trial and death of Dexter
    So this isn't the last season?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pillfred View Post
    So this isn't the last season?
    Negative. One more to go.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    After the disaster that was Season 6, I believe Season 7 is brining the show right on track for an awesome season finale and what will most likely be an crazy final season.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Issak has got to be the most likeable antagonist Dexter has ever had. I know I should be against him since he's trying to kill Dexter and all that, but I can't help but root for him when he takes down 3 Columbians shooting at him at point blank range like fucking badass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like Issak, too. I feel like they should come to some sort of treaty. But, we all know that probably won't be the case and Dexter will get him, first.

Also, put me down as a vote for someone who doesn't want to see this series end with a "trial." That would be boring as fuck. If he ends up having to die, I hope it's something glorious, or he just ends up quitting the force and flees the country.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mech View Post
    I like Issak, too. I feel like they should come to some sort of treaty. But, we all know that probably won't be the case and Dexter will get him, first.

Also, put me down as a vote for someone who doesn't want to see this series end with a "trial." That would be boring as fuck. If he ends up having to die, I hope it's something glorious, or he just ends up quitting the force and flees the country.
    Who says he's going to get Isaak first? Isaak is an organized crime boss, it doesn't seem unlikely Isaak knows how to use the police. It wouldn't be even a bit surprising to see Isaak plant something on Dexter that could lead to a search of his apartement and ultimately the discovery of something.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Who says he's going to get Isaak first? Isaak is an organized crime boss, it doesn't seem unlikely Isaak knows how to use the police. It wouldn't be even a bit surprising to see Isaak plant something on Dexter that could lead to a search of his apartement and ultimately the discovery of something.
    Well I would think after the man has killed on Dexters own boat and broke into his house already... Dex is keeping a close eye on him. Plus, now that he knows how Isaak can dodge the police now as well. I think Isaak will meet the table since he already said he is a dead man in Kiev, so it's finish the score with Dexter, or run off to the islands unavenged.

What is bothering me the most now is freaking Laguerta! She is getting too close to something here and if she finds a dash of anything on that boat then there is going to be something wrong here. I would think after Dexter found the stains on his boat, he would have wiped everything spotless; now that he is thinking more with his dick and not by his code, he might have slipped up.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 11-20-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Let's be real here. All of Dexter's antagonists throughout the seasons, have only lasted 1 season. There's still 1 season of Dexter left, so mathematically and statistically, I just feel that Dexter is going to get the drop on Isaak. I am also not very confident that Isaak would get Dexter via the police, either, or I think he would've done that already. Isaak wants to avenge Viktor himself.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    There goes my enthusiasm for the show.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Dexter is starting to annoy the shit out of me now.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Yeah, this episode just sucked completely. Why tie up the best part of the season before it's over?

This reminds me of last season, Brother Sam was the only cool thing about the season, then they killed him off. Now Isaak. WTF Dexter, wtf.