Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Yeah, because Travis didn't know who he was before the video.....
    No, it's not that, you're missing the point here.

What if the cops catch Travis before Dexter does? What if Traves decides to upload it to his blog?

It was really lame for him to do that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I got a feeling deb's gonna die.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    No, it's not that, you're missing the point here.

What if the cops catch Travis before Dexter does? What if Traves decides to upload it to his blog?

It was really lame for him to do that.
    Ya Dexter recording video evidence linking him to a serial killer seemed really farfetched and out of character. Is tonight the finale or are there 2 episodes left? Something better shake the foundations of this show because it's been a bit boring ever since brother sam died.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadbent View Post
    Ya Dexter recording video evidence linking him to a serial killer seemed really farfetched and out of character. Is tonight the finale or are there 2 episodes left? Something better shake the foundations of this show because it's been a bit boring ever since brother sam died.
    Harrison dies?
    Deb figures it out?
    Intern figures it out?
    Cops figure it out?
    Harrison somehow accidentally kills Travis?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by perceptionnexus View Post
    I got a feeling deb's gonna die.
    That was my feeling before, too. She freaked out in the church, but maybe she won't. In the books, she knows that Dexter is a serial killer. Maybe she finds out, and deals with it in the next two seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Harrison somehow accidentally kills Travis?
    That would kind of be awesome. Not for Dexter, though.

I've been noticing some silly Hollywood editing from the show where it almost doesn't seem as realistic as it used to be. Well the whole idea if this show is unrealistic, but at least it's been handled realistically. It just seems like I'm getting distracted by it. For example: Dexter's escape from the exploding boat. I know it was just the editing to keep us at the edge of our seats, but sheesh...
    Last edited by con4cyn; 12-18-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They'll never kill Deb. Never thought it. She's a huge part of him and show. If they were gonna do that, they would've had her die instead of Spoiler: Rita (not to ruin it for any new watchers) when Trinity found her apartment.

I watched Season 6 again this week leading up to the finale and it got even better. I'm excited about tonight.
    Last edited by Dissonance; 12-18-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit. I knew it...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    How coincidental that it all fell into place like that? Should make the next season very interesting. Kinda cheesy, but it's good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    2 seasons left, it had to happen tonight.

Still, I freaked out seeing it happen though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Had to happen eventually. They've only teased it for the last six seasons.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So what the hell happened with the hand? Did Travis take it? What was that all about anyway?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Spoiler: Yeah, why give the intern the hand only to have it ignored? Why did he draw on it? Maybe next season is Deb & Dex team up against the intern?

It took my breathe away to watch, but knowing there are 2 seasons left means that we know there is no way that Deb could possibly turn him in and make him stand trial, or go to jail. To make it stretch over 2 seasons, she's going to have to help him hide.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Finale was solid, but this show is getting too predictable. Really really wanted to know what the intern's deal was, sucks that didn't get resolved tonight. If I were to guess, the next season will pick up exactly where this one ends, but damn 10 month wait is ahead of us...

AND

next season, can we cool it on the B/C List Guest Stars? I feel like they're just getting celebrity guest stars just for the sake of getting a celebrity guest star. Especially with the fact that the majority of them are well past their 15 minutes of fame. Thats why someone unknown like the intern was so believable, really not looking forward to see James Vanderbeek as the new detective next season
    Last edited by gorny540; 12-19-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They did it intentionally with the intern to plant seeds for next season. They've said as much in interviews. They weren't going to resolve that tonight.

Eh guest stars is part of their thing. I guess doing this way breaks their pattern though. Having someone built up. I've seen Josh Cookeon a few shows before though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Just a lil confused

Pretty big coincidence that she falls in love with him three episodes before she finds out. Now that shes in love, shes not gonna care? Maybe the end was a dream? Why would she ever go back to that church? Theres no way she would know Dexter was there. Can anyone explain the needle and how Dex is immune?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBomkamp View Post
    Pretty big coincidence that she falls in love with him three episodes before she finds out. Now that shes in love, shes not gonna care? Maybe the end was a dream? Why would she ever go back to that church? Theres no way she would know Dexter was there. Can anyone explain the needle and how Dex is immune?
    They've been building her up slowly to finally knowing last couple of seasons and most likely accepting it when she does with killing someone, not feeling anything, and letting he and Lumen go, etc.

She's gonna care, but not in the way you're thinking to about like arresting him or turning him in. It's gonna stir things up between them. But it's not gonna be just because she realized she's in love with him. And earlier in the episode she asked him to do final forensics sweep so they can clear it. He said he'd do it after Harrison's thing. That's how she knew. She went to go tell him how she felt.

Yeah, the needle was empty. He reached in his pocket for a different one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    So what the hell happened with the hand? Did Travis take it? What was that all about anyway?

I was pretty sure after last week that the intern's storyline was not going to get resolved this season. I'm pretty sure that's just going to carry over to next season. I expect an Ice-Truck-Killer-esque chase between the two.

Why would she ever go back to that church? Theres no way she would know Dexter was there. Can anyone explain the needle and how Dex is immune?
    Deb went back there because she asked Dexter to close the crime scene, and he said he would after Harrison's play. I'm guessing she must have asked Dexter's babysitter, who Dexter told he was going to do finish up work for Deb, where he was and drawn her own conclusions.

I'm guessing the needle Dexter used didn't actually have anything in it. It's strange, but the show has been leaving loose ends about for the last two seasons.
    Last edited by oldschool; 12-19-2011 at 03:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, my predictions as to what would happen tonight were pretty far off.

Spoiler: I thought they would explore Travis's mental disorder/fractured personality further culminating in Dexter sparing his life and Deb getting the credit for his arrest thereby raising the depts stats; that Dexter would end up killing the intern for some reason or the other -- and I did not see the Deb in love with Dexter thing coming at all..

Things like Travis's internal conflict, his dialogue with the professor, Brother Sam's speech about forgiveness, and other elements relating to the season's themes didn't pay off quite as I had expected.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    I'm guessing the needle Dexter used didn't actually have anything in it. It's strange, but the show has been leaving loose ends about for the last two seasons.
    I agree about this season having lose ends, but watch that scene again. The plunger is already depressed when he Spoiler: puts that needle in his neck.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Be funny if he took the hand, but who knows? Next season will answer it all probably. In a year...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just caught it, and I guess now that Deb's in love with Dexter she's going to struggle in the next two seasons about it. The whole Mathews case was a test for her. I think she understands there are some things she has to let go of. I dunno. I'm kind of happy she knows now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I literally squealed and hopped out of bed and started walking around the room when the big reveal happened. Not a huge surprise but yet it still was. I thought Colin Hanks was fantastic during this entire season.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's a good note to end on, during an otherwise muddled season. I really hope they choose to end the show sensibly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    AND

next season, can we cool it on the B/C List Guest Stars? I feel like they're just getting celebrity guest stars just for the sake of getting a celebrity guest star. Especially with the fact that the majority of them are well past their 15 minutes of fame. Thats why someone unknown like the intern was so believable, really not looking forward to see James Vanderbeek as the new detective next season
    The show has been comprised of B/C list people. That's why I used to laugh at how many actors from Taken wound up on it. Rita? Quinn? Lumen? Vanderbeek may have been famous ten, fifteen years ago, but not so much anymore... which makes him just as valid as anyone else on this show.

I was fairly disappointed with what they did with Colin Hanks. He was completely uninteresting as the "good guy" and no one was fooled about that anyway; he was far more interesting when he was actually cognizant that he was evil. I hope to see cold, spooky Colin Hanks elsewhere in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not digging Deb falling in love for Dexter, but I really liked that ending,

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I don't care about the Deb/Dexter thing that much - (maybe because I'm adopted?). My main question will be to see how Spoiler: Deb reconciles her very non-corruptible police-officer character, with what she sees at the end. How is she going to come to terms with that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just my two cents:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Just my two cents:
    Oooh! Shiny graphs! I pretty much agree, except for season 5, I didn't find it that bad.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Just my two cents:
    Swap 2 with 4 and it'll be perfect.