Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by redshoewearer View Post
    I think there may be a little more to it than that. There was a very pointed focus on that particular item.
    Exactly. I also think the guy is spying on Dexter through this Eliot-search-engine he installed on his work laptop. IN the last episode there were a couple of shots, where you could see that Dexter was using it for the search of Holly.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm only finding this season a step above one of the worst seasons of Dexter yet (3), i found last season to be leaps and bounds better than this one.... I'm not really sure what it is that's turning me off this time around...... i honestly couldn't explain why guess it's the writing and generally getting more annoyed with some of the characters than i ever have before.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by decadent View Post
    Exactly. I also think the guy is spying on Dexter through this Eliot-search-engine he installed on his work laptop. IN the last episode there were a couple of shots, where you could see that Dexter was using it for the search of Holly.
    I picked this up too last night while finally watching the episode. They kept showing that Eliot page for like 2 full seconds after Dexter used it. I told my fiancee that he's probably using it to spy on Dexter...he is the one after all that Spoiler: has the ice truck killer crime scene hand...something's fishy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I'm only finding this season a step above one of the worst seasons of Dexter yet (3), i found last season to be leaps and bounds better than this one.... I'm not really sure what it is that's turning me off this time around...... i honestly couldn't explain why guess it's the writing and generally getting more annoyed with some of the characters than i ever have before.
    Really?
    There's a lot of sloppy writing, I won't deny that, but not as much as in Season 5.

The problem with Dexter is that it's almost impossible to top the events on Season 2 and 4, people is always expecting something BIG to happen thanks to Trinity and Bay Harbour Butcher.

In my opinion...
    2 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 3 > 5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Okay, first I want to discuss how upset Dexter was by that video game. I guess he felt like he was being mocked by it since he IS the Bay Harbor Butcher. Serial killing is like an affliction he struggles with.

Also, I'm just going to be like everyone else who watches the show. I honestly, can't even remember the events of seasons 2 and 3 that well. I hated Lila. They were very entertaining to watch, though. I want to just forget that season 5 ever happened. It felt like some lonely Mary Sue fanfic. Seasons 1, 4, and maybe this one are going to be my faves, so far. We'll see how this Season ends. I have a feeling something REALLY REALLY bad is going to happen. What's with all the therapy sessions with Deb? Why so much emphasis on them? There has to be a reason? Maybe closure for the character?

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Different strokes.

Regardless, lackluster Dex is better than no Dex but that said it will be great to see the series wrap up at Season 8...... i definitely want to see how everything starts to unfold and goes to shit.

Spoiler: The pivotal scene in Season 5 was where Deb was only a plastic curtain sheet away from seeing who Dexter really is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by con4cyn View Post
    Okay, first I want to discuss how upset Dexter was by that video game. I guess he felt like he was being mocked by it since he IS the Bay Harbor Butcher. Serial killing is like an affliction he struggles with.

Also, I'm just going to be like everyone else who watches the show. I honestly, can't even remember the events of seasons 2 and 3 that well. I hated Lila. They were very entertaining to watch, though. I want to just forget that season 5 ever happened. It felt like some lonely Mary Sue fanfic. Seasons 1, 4, and maybe this one are going to be my faves, so far. We'll see how this Season ends. I have a feeling something REALLY REALLY bad is going to happen. What's with all the therapy sessions with Deb? Why so much emphasis on them? There has to be a reason? Maybe closure for the character?
    Have you been paying attention to what they're talking about last couple of episodes? It's been putting a microscope on her relationship with Dexter. Therapist is helping her realize things about him, how off, distant he is, and lately her relationship with him. She's been less bitchy and more understanding, too. Seems like based on preview next week that the therapist may bring up a disturbing thought about Deb's feelings for him. Though I'm sure that one part for next week is misleading. It's more and more preparation for her character for the inevitable finding out. Something important also may come up that helps trigger something to that nature.

This season's been good, liked mostly every episode - few standouts but yet still little underwhelming if that makes any sense. Makes it seem like something major is planned for last 2 episodes.

I thought Season 2 was awesome. 2nd best season to me, with 4 being the best. You should go back and watch from start, I found that seasons have gotten better and better with multiple viewings. Even 3. Except 5 got worse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The intern definitely wants to be a serial killer. While I've enjoyed the characters this season, I just haven't really felt any sort of suspense that I usually feel in the great seasons. Yes, there was an interesting twist, and I do enjoy the whole religious plot, but nothing spectacular has really happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissonance View Post
    Have you been paying attention to what they're talking about last couple of episodes? It's been putting a microscope on her relationship with Dexter. Therapist is helping her realize things about him, how off, distant he is, and lately her relationship with him. She's been less bitchy and more understanding, too. Seems like based on preview next week that the therapist may bring up a disturbing thought about Deb's feelings for him. Though I'm sure that one part for next week is misleading. It's more and more preparation for her character for the inevitable finding out. Something important also may come up that helps trigger something to that nature.

This season's been good, liked mostly every episode - few standouts but yet still little underwhelming if that makes any sense. Makes it seem like something major is planned for last 2 episodes.

I thought Season 2 was awesome. 2nd best season to me, with 4 being the best. You should go back and watch from start, I found that seasons have gotten better and better with multiple viewings. Even 3. Except 5 got worse.
    Maybe if I did they'd look better from a rewatching of all the seasons. Nothing could save the fifth.

Also, Deb discovering "feelings" for Dexter would sound incestuous at this point. She very well could finally figure out what he really is. She could also be a victim of DDK.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    This season has been pretty good here and there. Some parts I find to draggg on a little longer and I find myself a bit disinterested. Seasons 1 and 2 are just so fresh when it comes to Dexter killing everyone and just doing that. Not getting into all this crap in between and making some very very sharp turns throughout the seasons. I am very curious how they will end this season and god I just want to see Colin Hanks in a kill room already. His acting is pretty horrible. Should have kept MOS!!!!

My seasons..

2 > 4 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Currently watching the first episode since it aired. So well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tonight's episode was seriously epic. Wow. That just makes me want LaGuerta dead even more than before. And creepy Louis! I can't wait till next week, oh my god.
    Spoiler: I'm not a Dex/Deb shipper, so the freak out scene nearly gave me a heart attack. D:

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    It looks like this season is about to get good, right at the finale.

Did you see the preview for next week?
    Spoiler: Travis takes Harrison

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh my fucking god I nearly had a heart attack. I'm still freaking out over everything in this episode. I can't handle waiting until next Sunday hifjhghhvhgkjkhdfbj

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just watched it. I was like, "Really? They're going to go there with Dexter and Debra?" They've been so brother and sisterly all this time.

I know Dexter won't let anything happen to Harrison. Not after Rita.

I'm just curious as to what "Intern Puppy Dog" is trying to do.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Heh...I think my girlfriend had two heart attacks during Sunday's episode. The first during the scene with...er...a lot of strange closeups. The second during the preview for the finale, and the revelation of a new target. She was really, really wound up by the end of that episode...I'm afraid she's going to rip my arm off or something during the finale.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    They had a great set of elements this season that could have turned out very good. But they don't... not even close. Especially the whole Deb has feelings for Dexter more than brother-sister love is really off putting to the extend to almost vomit crap out of my mouth, even if they aren't blood related.
    Last edited by profane; 12-13-2011 at 06:07 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by profane View Post
    They had a great set of elements this season that could have turned out very good. But they don't... not even close.
    I found it very revealing that in the interview October Midnight linked to, Hall brought up that most of the writing is done on the spur of the moment, apparently they don't plan much in advance. That explains so much about the narrative of this season (and a few previous ones, which meander around aimlessly throughout most of the season then suddenly explode in the last few episodes). I also thought at the time that Spoiler: when they killed off Rita, they didn't really know where to go from there. It's a bad way to write TV, in my opinion. Hopefully, with an end date in sight, they can do some proper planning this time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This has been my least favorite season so far. I think it would have much more interesting to carry on the relationship with Dexter and Brother Sam instead of killing him off. Brother Sam recognized Dexter's dark passenger and didn't pass judgement on him.
    I'm one of the few who liked season three. I liked Jimmy Smits in the role he played . I also liked season five. I don't look as forward to Sunday night this year with Dexter. Still a great show tho and I would not give up on it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michalrose View Post
    This has been my least favorite season so far. I think it would have much more interesting to carry on the relationship with Dexter and Brother Sam instead of killing him off. Brother Sam recognized Dexter's dark passenger and didn't pass judgement on him.
    I'm one of the few who liked season three. I liked Jimmy Smits in the role he played . I also liked season five. I don't look as forward to Sunday night this year with Dexter. Still a great show tho and I would not give up on it.
    I completely agree with you. I'm used to seeing Dexter being the relatively good guy, having him doing his killings with Brother Sam trying to make him "good" could have made for some great TV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "If I could ever have feelings for anyone, I'd have them for Deb." I think those two characters have been on some kind of collision course from the get-go."

Another MCH interview from aoltv

I actually think this storyline makes perfect sense after all these seasons. She always looked at him differently and had an emotional dependency on him seemingly more than a "brother."
    Last edited by Dissonance; 12-15-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But romantic feelings? Ehhh... I guess we'll see how that goes. It might culminate to Deb knowing the truth about Dexter with those romantic feelings, or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listening to this currently:

The star of Showtime's bloody crime drama talks about the show's eventual plans for an ending — and also about matters both professional and personal, from how he plays an emotionless killer to how Hall himself, while filming Dexter, has dealt with both cancer and a divorce. - More at http://www.npr.org/2011/12/12/143575...t=1&f=13&sc=17

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I don't know. I'm not only disappointed by this season of Dexter; I am embarrassed by it. This was a show so entertaining and so gripping, and now it's an inadvertent comedy with awful dialogue and no character development - as well as a writer's room that wants to shame the fans for ever loving a show so thickheaded and insulting. The first half of this season was so good, but this awful second half will be the death of Dexter (the TV show, not the character). I have never wished this for a show, but I really hope it gets cancelled. I can't handle something that was so good fall into such laughable depths.

It was a television show that always could have been better but was kept solid thanks to Michael C. Hall's acting and very decent dialogue and voice-overs. Now, I can't even imagine how Hall can keep a straight face rehearsing those lines. I used to always complain about how every season could have better "like this" or "like that", but now this isn't just bad, it's damaging.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't care how "bad" a show I like gets (not saying I agree it's bad either cuz it's been solid to me), but I won't wish it to get cancelled.

It won't though. And ratings are at their highest and they were renewed for 2 more seasons and that's it they've said. They're already preparing for the end and will write in advance more now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by con4cyn View Post
    But romantic feelings? Ehhh... I guess we'll see how that goes. It might culminate to Deb knowing the truth about Dexter with those romantic feelings, or not.

Yeah, even romantic feelings. Little things that were said in past, etc, and her openess with sexual stuff to him. She just acted, looked for more than what a brother has to offer in a way, or maybe it's just me. But everything seemed to make more sense.

Yep. I'm thinking it might lead to that too. I thought they wouldn't dive into the feelings thing too much but based on MCH's comments, it seems as if they have more in store. As weird as it is, I'm actually interested in seeing where it goes. Maybe it's them not being blood related that makes it different to me.
    Last edited by Dissonance; 12-16-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If there's something I'm seriously NOT liking about this season is how fucking sloppy Dexter is turning out to be.
    Sending travis a video and showing his face? REALLY?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I guess they're trying to show he's not perfect when it comes to that anymore or when he's less focused now, and it also stalls things. He's been sloppy since he got married and started having a family/kid of his own in season 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    If there's something I'm seriously NOT liking about this season is how fucking sloppy Dexter is turning out to be.
    Sending travis a video and showing his face? REALLY?
    Yeah, because Travis didn't know who he was before the video.....