Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    If you are a fan and waiting for the finale, do NOT visit the Dexter subreddit (if you are a reddit user) as the Australian fans have already seen the finale, and stuff is getting posted about it, reactions etc...I'm now avoiding like the plague.

Spoiler: apparently it's even worse than the original ending.
    Spoiler: I wouldn't worry too much about what's being said. The Australian's didn't like last week either, and I thought it was great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sooooo yeah. That ending.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Dexter

reminder: no spoilers til tomorrow. also, please tag them with spoilers tags.

edit. tomorrow is in like an hour so just tag your spoilers, folks. i’m out til i watch it.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Maybe it's just me, but I thought that was really fucking good. I'm glad the show got a proper ending.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Yea that was some bs. Way too rushed. They made a whole other season to fix the rushed ending of the original show and then they rush the ending again…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm fine with that ending.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Spoiler: The only part that didn't really work for me was Dexter busting out of jail the way he did. The motivation is there I get that, but how it happened didn't seem believable.

I've seen a few people being upset that one minute Dexter was afraid of the death penalty, and the next he was OK with being killed by Harrison.....I don't think that's really what happened. I think Dexter was trying to manipulate Harrison and that it backfired on him. Trying to make Harrison feel trapped.

He set it up so that the only choices Harrison could see were to either go on the run with him as a killer, or kill him. Thinking that Harrison would choose to go on the run with him.

And a teenager who's had a traumatic life making an impulsive decision to shoot the person who he blames for most of it isn't at all a stretch either.

Yeah, Harrison could have held him there until the police arrived, or shot him in the leg again so he couldn't flee, or just let him go by himself, but an overwhelmed teenager's not going to see those options in the moment.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It was perfect

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Dexter

i loved it too but it was sooo unfair. so harsh.

also:

Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Spoiler: I'm finally watching this.
    I like how it's being done. I'll say that.

Without talking spoilers - anyone else think this will end with Dexter dead? I'm guessing there's an 80-90% chance right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Spoiler: yes i think that Harrison could be a threat since he’s obviously resentful.
    Last edited by sweeterthan; 01-10-2022 at 11:27 AM. Reason: spoiler tags not displaying properly

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    My take on the finale.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dexter/comm...&utm_term=link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Spoiler:

also:

The spoiler tagged posts above got me thinking awhile back, and combining that with xmas gifts, episode 9, and the trailer, I wound up predicting it to an uncanny degree, which kind of sucked in that there were almost no surprises. I was happy with the ending overall.
    @M1ke , Spoiler: as far as breaking out of jail being too easy? I live in a town of 2000, have been to jail here, and could have left on MULTIPLE occasions. Hell, they'd leave ONE young, unarmed female guard. She'd forget to lock the cell after showers and then go on break...as in lunch at her house, more than once. I'd use their free phone, search the place and get extra food, found a cigarette lighter, etc, and then get back in the cell. ONCE she came back and i still had the cell open, and said "oh my gosh, you coulda just LEFT, hahaha!" And i was thinking "JESUS lady, you're lucky i'm not dangerous." You'd be surprised. These small towns are ridiculous. They aren't really used to having people in there at ALL.

Spoiler: I KNEW Harrison would kill Dexter. I thought that MAYBE he wouldn't if Dexter hadn't taught him the code, first. I thought that might be too dark, but then, episode 9 happened. Also, Harrison was WAY too interested in that gun.
    My OTHER prediction was the possibility of another series/season with Harrison as the lead and Dexter taking on Deb's role. I kind of hope they DON'T try that, though.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-10-2022 at 02:30 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Spoiler: A Harrison spin-off would be pretty lame, and it’s clear to me this was done in part to not just rectify the show but maybe Hall’s career (he is credited as a producer after all) to an extent too. He’s a great actor, and even in those lame seasons he was still the best thing about it, and still made the character interesting despite the boring BS happening around him.

I’ll say this much for the young man playing Harrison, if he plays his cards right he could have a hell of a career in front of him. That’s surprising especially since the kids who played Rita’s children were nowhere as memorable.

And I thought Julia Jones was good too. She was heartbreaking in Taylor Sheridan’s Wind River, and channeled that a bit here Spoiler: though I thought the scene where she discovers the bodies was a bit off, mostly in the editing.

God damn it was so perfect. Watching all but last week’s episode with my dad has made it incredibly and strangely poignant for me. Honestly anybody who feels that it wasn’t are just bloodthirsty idiots, wanting to keep the saga of America’s favorite serial killer going. The hidden theme of this final act to me is that somehow it’s creators understand the inherent ridiculousness of making him out to be a super hero.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I thought the ending was great

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    Spoiler: A Harrison spin-off would be pretty lame, and it’s clear to me this was done in part to not just rectify the show but maybe Hall’s career (he is credited as a producer after all) to an extent too. He’s a great actor, and even in those lame seasons he was still the best thing about it, and still made the character interesting despite the boring BS happening around him.

I’ll say this much for the young man playing Harrison, if he plays his cards right he could have a hell of a career in front of him. That’s surprising especially since the kids who played Rita’s children were nowhere as memorable.

And I thought Julia Jones was good too. She was heartbreaking in Taylor Sheridan’s Wind River, and channeled that a bit here Spoiler: though I thought the scene where she discovers the bodies was a bit off, mostly in the editing.

God damn it was so perfect. Watching all but last week’s episode with my dad has made it incredibly and strangely poignant for me. Honestly anybody who feels that it wasn’t are just bloodthirsty idiots, wanting to keep the saga of America’s favorite serial killer going. The hidden theme of this final act to me is that somehow it’s creators understand the inherent ridiculousness of making him out to be a super hero.
    yes! they were building the ending the whole time. i feel like it was obvious. i was reading comments on reddit and

Spoiler: i saw someone say they were hoping dexter was wearing blood packs and a bullet proof vest to fake his death AGAIN. i’m like wtf? that’s just dumb!

harrison’s pain from abandonment was obvious from the start. i fucking hate that he had to kill dexter but it’s completely poetic and logical to me. it is unfair to him if you ask me. he’s already been through a lot and killing his own father is gonna fuck him up even more.

i loved the ending and i’d watch a series with Jack Alcot. he’s a great actor. i hope it happens.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Spoiler:

also:

Well, there was really only one way for it to all end....
    I thought it was well done. I liked the tie-in's to the beginning of the original Dexter.

I feel like the whole series was just a way to rectify the horrible ending at Season 8. I think they did the whole thing justice, and now it can be put to bed. I think it would be absolute folly to have a spin off with Harrison, and I highly doubt Michael C Hall would be on board with that.
    Last edited by Magnetic; 01-10-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I wouldn't have minded if they'd have fleshed things out a bit more. They really rushed things and made something that seemed really unsatisfactory & anticlimactic to me personally.

Such a great season overall, but yeah - I'd have much preferred they split the ending into 2 episodes to tie certain things up a bit better.

Praying they don't make a Harrison spin-off.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    I wouldn't have minded if they'd have fleshed things out a bit more. They really rushed things and made something that seemed really unsatisfactory & anticlimactic to me personally.

Such a great season overall, but yeah - I'd have much preferred they split the ending into 2 episodes to tie certain things up a bit better.

Praying they don't make a Harrison spin-off.
    I'd be OK with a Harrison spin-off as long as they don't try to turn him into Dexter 2.0

It'd have to go in a different direction, like what Better Call Saul is to Breaking Bad.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I really liked this series and the finale...mostly.

Spoiler: Could've done without Dexter being shot by Harrison. Guess if there's a follow-up/spin-off then Dexter will be a figment of Harrison's imagination in conversations like Harry and Deb were to Dexter.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm sad this is over, but wow they stuck the landing. Phenomal, and one of the best seasons they've done...as well as one of the best series ever.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm sad this is over, but wow they stuck the landing. Phenomal, and one of the best seasons they've done...as well as one of the best series ever.
    I thought the finale was great & they fixed the damage done by the end of the original series. Looking forward to whatever Michael C Hall is in next.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I liked it a lot but I’m so sad it’s overrrrrr! I don’t watch many shows but both Dexter shows were ones I did watch.... I thought the ending was pretty decent, at least better than I was expecting.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I saw a lunatic on YouTube literally CRYING over how awful.the ending was, going on about how much he "IDENTIFIES" with Dexter, and he can't BELIEVE that could happen to him. He said that the show runner and Michael C. Hall don't UNDERSTAND Dexter like he does. This goes on for a good 25 minutes.

This guy should be on a fucking FBI watchlist. He ALSO said he's seen the first eight seasons 27 times, and he looks like he's about 23.

What's worse is that out of 1400 comments, a good 1300 people feel the same way.

I get feeling like the ending was rushed. But these people who are furious over Dexter's fate, and are praying that he was wearing blood packs, or that the ending turns out to be a dream sequence: I don't think they ever understood the character- specifically that he's a fucking PSYCHOPATH.

Also, they scare me a bit.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-16-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I saw a lunatic on YouTube literally CRYING over how awful.the ending was, going on about how much he "IDENTIFIES" with Dexter, and he can't BELIEVE that could happen to him. He said that the show runner and Michael C. Hall don't UNDERSTAND Dexter like he does. This goes on for a good 25 minutes.

This guy should be on a fucking FBI watchlist. He ALSO said he's seen the first eight seasons 27 times, and he looks like he's about 23.

What's worse is that out of 1400 comments, a good 1300 people feel the same way.

I get feeling like the ending was rushed. But these people who are furious over Dexter's fate, and are praying that he was wearing blood packs, or that the ending turns out to be a dream sequence: I don't think they ever understood the character- specifically that he's a fucking PSYCHOPATH.

Did you like this season @elevenism ? Although a bit too gory for my usual tastes I thoroughly enjoyed the season. I will admit I have a slight crush on Dexter's foul mouthed ghost sister, haha. She'd be good trouble!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Did you like this season @elevenism? Although a bit too gory for my usual tastes I thoroughly enjoyed the season. I will admit I have a slight crush on Dexter's foul mouthed ghost sister, haha. She'd be good trouble!
    A. Yes, I loved it.
    B. A bit gory, but i believe this was on purpose, and meant to remind us (and show Harrison) that Dexter IS, in fact, a monster.
    C. Right there with you

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    B. A bit gory, but i believe this was on purpose
    I should hope so!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Thank you for not sharing the YouTube clip. I believe you.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I should hope so!
    Nice.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Finally got around to finishing this, and while I did thoroughly enjoy it, the end fizzled out so fast. Dexter's demise was fitting and Harrison's closure with his father, but it felt incredibly rushed.

What I liked a lot about the end was showing Dex breaking the code and just killing people that were in his way just to escape and do it all over again. You can see the disappointment and concern in Harrison's face, damn that hit hard.

This should have been at least 2 seasons long, and there would have been an amazing dynamic and exchange between Dex and Bautista which seemed pointless to me at the end. Really good stuff the first half of the season though.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 04-07-2022 at 02:59 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    agreed. they rushed it all.