Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Thanks, I really have to hunt down that Lazarus performance in full someday.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Like a lot of TV I thought Dexter just ended up focussing too much on this overreaching arc and his family life. I’d have preferred it if he hadn’t got married at all. (Although that did work for season 4). I’d love a series which was just like a procedural every episode focusing on a case

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Agreed, but that was before Dexter.
    I know, just highlighting his acting skills since it was the topic at the moment.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Like a lot of TV I thought Dexter just ended up focussing too much on this overreaching arc and his family life. I’d have preferred it if he hadn’t got married at all. (Although that did work for season 4). I’d love a series which was just like a procedural every episode focusing on a case
    Agreed. I got tired of watching him juggle taking care of the baby. The first 3 seasons were good...4,5,6 I watched. The last two I casually watched if someone had it on/ they could fill me in on what was going on.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Agreed. I got tired of watching him juggle taking care of the baby. The first 3 seasons were good...4,5,6 I watched. The last two I casually watched if someone had it on/ they could fill me in on what was going on.
    Season 7 is fantastic!

The show low points to me are seasons 6 and 8. 3 is the least good of the original writing team run.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'll never forget the ending of Season 4 (what I was feeling, where I was, who I was watching it with) Total mind blown, and lots of crying (haha).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    I'll never forget the ending of Season 4 (what I was feeling, where I was, who I was watching it with) Total mind blown, and lots of crying (haha).
    Same with the end of season 2 lol. I was really hoping we would get another "Surprise Motha fucka." moment.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm down. Even after the shit-show doom spiral of the last ~3 seasons. For some reason I can't quit Dexter.
    Mostly I want resolution after the Worst. Season. Finale. Ever.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If they're going to retcon the season 8 finale, i might give this a watch. Otherwise, im still done with Dexter

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Season 4 might be the most perfect season of TV ever.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I'm very interested to see if they can pull this back from the total panning the later seasons & finale took. Recently rewatched the whole series upon hearing about the reboot and although it had it's problems, it holds up and remains enjoyable.

Seasons 1 - 4 remain incredible IMO & I enjoyed S5 more than I remembered but then things started to slip. I did enjoy the Saxon storyline a lot though. I'm looking forward to returning to this shows world.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

dude never posts things in a current manner - everything is old when you see it from him - but it is the first place I've seen this reported. Not that I've been looking either, to be fair, but anyway. This has the potential to be pretty good but also a "you know everyone loved that season so let's do it again but different".

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Been awhile since I've watched the show but didn't Trinity die in that season? I was assuming it's just gonna be a flashback or dream sequence.

I am getting pumped for this revival, it was a great show and deserves a better send off than the garbage of the last season.
    Last edited by kdrcraig; 06-30-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That's what I thought too - didn't he die? I can't remember.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    wikipedia says he was killed by Dexter. I vaguely remember that, but man it's been a long time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Season 6 and 8 are the worst. I am pretty lenient and fair when it comes to bad seasons of brilliantly shows but season 8 of Dexter was utterly horrible.

I’m up for more. Bring it on!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Trinity is as dead as the door nails he used to build his neighborhood projects. He'll pop up as a figure like Dexter's pop did all the time... Guarantee it.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Trinity is as dead as the door nails he used to build his neighborhood projects. He'll pop up as a figure like Dexter's pop did all the time... Guarantee it.
    Meanwhile i don't think i've heard anything about James Remar returning and that's a bummer.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Meanwhile i don't think i've heard anything about James Remar returning and that's a bummer.
    They shitcanned Harry’s entire origin story and character in season 8 so not surprised.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They shitcanned Harry’s entire origin story and character in season 8 so not surprised.
    UGH... Do not remind me.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Maybe they'll pull the "it was all a dream" card. As in seasons 4 to 8 being a long tedious nightmare.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    Maybe they'll pull the "it was all a dream" card. As in seasons 4 to 8 being a long tedious nightmare.
    5 and 7 are great. Season 6 and 8 are bad.

I'm willing to die on this hill.

As for your statement, that's not gonna happen. How do they explain the fake new alias and the new setting unless season 8's finale scene didn't happen?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ I can agree with 5, but 6,7 and 8 are close to as bad as it gets. 7 had some good moments, but the whole Hannah story-line was absolutely ridiculous.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Jennifer Carpenter is returning as Deb, obviously in visions/flashbacks, etc. same as Lithgow. Nothing is being retconned. All seasons happened, new 10 episode miniseries is limited and picks up with Dexter taking on the alias of 'Jimmy Lindsey'...rumor is he's a high school teacher or something along those lines.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Jennifer Carpenter is returning as Deb, obviously in visions/flashbacks, etc. same as Lithgow. Nothing is being retconned.
    I was gonna say, must be real awkward for them now to be together.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was gonna say, must be real awkward for them now to be together.
    I mean they got divorced while the show was still going so they clearly were able to remain professional.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Dexter: New Blood - Nov 7