Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Is ‘Dead Souls’ considered a part of ‘The Downward Spiral’???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Is ‘Dead Souls’ considered a part of ‘The Downward Spiral’???

haven’t posted in a really long time but i’ve been getting in a heated argument with someone about wether or
    not ‘dead souls’ is considered to be a part of TDS. I say no because it wasn’t on the original release and wasn’t recorded during the album sessions. they say it is part of the album because of its inclusion on the japanese import and deluxe edition. what do you say?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zackawii View Post
    haven’t posted in a really long time but i’ve been getting in a heated argument with someone about wether or
    not ‘dead souls’ is considered to be a part of TDS. I say no because it wasn’t on the original release and wasn’t recorded during the album sessions. they say it is part of the album because of its inclusion on the japanese import and deluxe edition. what do you say?
    No. It’s considered part of the soundtrack for The Crow. It’s also considered a bonus track on the Japanese import of TDS and the deluxe 10-year anniversary version of TDS. I love that song, but despite apparently being the first song they recorded at the Sharon Tate house (I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong about that), it's a cover and not part of the "story" or concept of TDS.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 06-04-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Japanese releases at the time typically included an extra track or two as an extra incentive to buy. Nothing more to its inclusion there.

Being on the deluxe edition is no kind of argument as that also includes a bunch of remixes and demos.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    All signs point to no.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Japanese releases at the time typically included an extra track or two as an extra incentive to buy. Nothing more to its inclusion there.

Being on the deluxe edition is no kind of argument as that also includes a bunch of remixes and demos.
    Correct. The Japanese versions tend to be considerably more expensive (30-40% more than the US & EU), so they typically add a bonus track or two to discourage Japanese consumers from buying an import from the US or EU and encourage them to buy the local version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This is a great Random NIN Question!

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...-NIN-Questions