Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Taper Section

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Good luck and thanks for all you do to keep the NIN bootleg scene alive and thriving!
    I'd like the second this notion! I was at the Saturday Vegas show and attempted to record it on my phone. I know that's not the best quality out there, but I figured it would be better than nothing in case nobody else was able to. Not knowing what I was doing, I had the settings all wrong and I ended up getting 2 hours of blown out speakers. So I really appreciate you guys that know what you're doing, you do it well, and then you share it with us! Thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I love working on the site. A nice hobby to have to get me off the distraction of studying for awhile... Plus I like organizing shit. So this hits my OCD. Nothing is more satisfying than for someone to find a recording of a show they went to and can relive the moment. Best feeling for me knowing that happens to a few people out there when they find the site.

Should have recording from all 3 nights. 1st one is up, and 2 more should be coming!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    First four dates are covered thus far. I just have to confirm with the others that want to do this. I will keep updating the list as we go along.

Really need coverage for those festivals. I feel like those will be the hardest to get locked down.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    So, I've updated the front page with shows that will have a person recording at. I have also blocked off the shows being recorded that I will be at since I will be using that recorder as well.

Still a bunch of dates that are still open and I would love for others to participate. I think it would be a nice addition to the archive to have a journal entry with each recording and have personal accounts of being there. Please get in contact if you would like to be a part of this!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Phoenix night 1 courtesy of AS taking the duties!

http://ninlive.com/shows/2018/20180913.html

May have had some difficulties with night 2 and the rig. But we'll see when I get the recorder back in a week or so after the CO and TX shows.

Excited about this project finally having liftoff!!!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Holy fucking fuckballs. Someone tell me they got a good capture of Denver's first show.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Holy fucking fuckballs. Someone tell me they got a good capture of Denver's first show.
    Someone did.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I love the fact that "The Perfect Drug" wasn't even ON the setlist. Keeping those secrets airtight until the last minute, eh?

Maybe the line is meant to represent our heart rates flatlining when they revealed it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    I love the fact that "The Perfect Drug" wasn't even ON the setlist. Keeping those secrets airtight until the last minute, eh?

Maybe the line is meant to represent our heart rates flatlining when they revealed it.
    HAHAHA I couldn't take it any longer and I skipped ahead to TPD and someone next to BD goes, "What?? WHAT?!" right when the riff starts. Fucking perfect.

EDIT: AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA after the drum solo, same guy screams, "WHAT THE FUCK?!"

Even though crowd noise like that is usually annoying, it's totally acceptable here and actually makes this even more special. Holy shit, WHAT A NIGHT!
    Last edited by klyrish; 09-19-2018 at 01:50 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    So, I've updated the front page with shows that will have a person recording at. I have also blocked off the shows being recorded that I will be at since I will be using that recorder as well.

Still a bunch of dates that are still open and I would love for others to participate. I think it would be a nice addition to the archive to have a journal entry with each recording and have personal accounts of being there. Please get in contact if you would like to be a part of this!
    I don't see any list on the front page. Am I looking in the wrong spot?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I don't see any list on the front page. Am I looking in the wrong spot?
    Page 1 of this thread.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Just an FYI... Have a recording from River City Rock Festival coming and we have one person taping in Memphis tonight!!!! 100% through the tour thus far!!!!!!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    i can lend a hand for the Vegas shows if need be

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    You should tape anyways, I never trust other people to tape when I can do it myself.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    You should tape anyways, I never trust other people to tape when I can do it myself.
    I hung up my recording gear (sold off) after the 2013 tour but these current setlists are making me want to tape again

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    At this point, I would love a pair of microphone glasses that are wired to my iPhone & record in stereo.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Taping rig is off to DC for tomorrow's run of shows and will then make its way from NYC > Brooklyn > Boston!!!! Then back to me!

Hopefully my brother will take the rig for the Detroit shows. I gave my ticket away to both shows because I can't make it. I'm very gutted to not be making my home shows. But the Atlanta shows are hard to top!

More incoming!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    It be needed. Your tapes are missed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Wouldn't it be useful to scout around the nin Facebook groups and asking people to put full tracks on YouTube and not just keeping it with a godawful compression in private ? I don't know any, if someone knows..

Maybe like a PSA "post this on YouTube with the date please".

Some high-end phone recordings sound really good (and look really good), not as good in quality as some recordings on ninlive, but sometimes it feels more close to a studio recording than the harsh truth of a venue reverb or shit like that, that the high end microphone will pick up. Also crowd noises, if a phone microphone is saturated and only record the music due to its loudness, while the high-end mic records every little sounds of the crowd around, the first one is more likely to be listened to.

Saying this because for some reason there's not much recordings of Subterraneans while it's so fucking good and maybe the only time it's played.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    can i get a few opinions on this sample rcmhn1 might be ready for upload today!

https://soundcloud.com/user-180023911/rcmhn1-sample

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Saying this because for some reason there's not much recordings of Subterraneans while it's so fucking good and maybe the only time it's played.
    Have you seen this one?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScreamingSlave View Post
    can i get a few opinions on this sample rcmhn1 might be ready for upload today!

https://soundcloud.com/user-180023911/rcmhn1-sample
    Just listened and I'm using the following stack:
    Schiit Modi Multibit DAC > Schiit Loki 4-band EQ > Schiit Vali 2 w/EH6CG7 tube > Sennheiser HD6XX (Massdrop rebranded HD650s) and the sound is incredible. Only complaint is that the higher frequencies come through the mix quite strongly but it's a minor complaint. I can see it becoming fatiguing at higher volumes but that could be avoided via some minor EQing. The clarity and detail is amazing!
    Last edited by klyrish; 10-29-2018 at 02:49 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LexTron6K View Post
    Have you seen this one?

...]
    Yeah, that's basically the only good one. Thought there'd be more.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    For people who are doing straight up phone recordings with no external hardware (*cough* @NotoriousTIMP ), where are you physically leaving the phone? Are you keeping it in a pocket, or holding it in your hand? What specific app do you prefer for the ability to adjust gain and make sure it doesn't get completely blown out?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Phone recordings are not ideal. Still very blown out if you’re by the source. But if you’re just wanting to capture it, most people use the memo app. Apogee has an app but most of the other audio apps want you to use their products with your phone.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    Phone recordings are not ideal. Still very blown out if you’re by the source. But if you’re just wanting to capture it, most people use the memo app. Apogee has an app but most of the other audio apps want you to use their products with your phone.
    I mean, I know you can do better with a real rig, but this clip is pretty acceptable to me if it's the only way you're likely to be able to make a recording (extremely tight security, not enough cash for a rig, etc). And that's just an iPhone XR recording to an app.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I mean, I know you can do better with a real rig, but this clip is pretty acceptable to me if it's the only way you're likely to be able to make a recording (extremely tight security, not enough cash for a rig, etc). And that's just an iPhone XR recording to an app.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised with my APC recording. I also recorded the NIN 12/12 gig on my iPhone XR since I got busted with the RITC rig at the door. The XR has two microphones, one on the rear of the phone near the camera and the other is on the front of the phone near the ear piece, and seemed to do the job fairly well. I ended up just holding my phone in my lap since I had seats for both shows and just made it a point to not move them around all that much.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Anything from the Texas shows yet?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Hey Ryan, any chance you will be uploading my 12/12 iPhone recording (just for documenting purposes) - its not a bad recording at all.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Hey Ryan, any chance you will be uploading my 12/12 iPhone recording (just for documenting purposes) - its not a bad recording at all.
    I have to draw a line somewhere. If there is no source for the show, I will generally use a phone audio recording just to have the performance documented and archived. But if there are proper audience recordings (like Ed Davis' or Innerturmoil's) I generally stay away from the phone recordings. I still try and keep quality on the site and I still want good audio recordings with proper gear on the archive. Quality assurance isn't my biggest concern with the archive, but there needs to be a cutoff.

Example... If I archived every video recording of NIN on the archive. Do I archive one that was done with a proper camcorder AND the guy on YouTube who uploaded snippets of each song? Hard to make that call. Hope this makes more sense.