Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2018 Taper Section

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I have to draw a line somewhere. If there is no source for the show, I will generally use a phone audio recording just to have the performance documented and archived. But if there are proper audience recordings (like Ed Davis' or Innerturmoil's) I generally stay away from the phone recordings. I still try and keep quality on the site and I still want good audio recordings with proper gear on the archive. Quality assurance isn't my biggest concern with the archive, but there needs to be a cutoff.

Example... If I archived every video recording of NIN on the archive. Do I archive one that was done with a proper camcorder AND the guy on YouTube who uploaded snippets of each song? Hard to make that call. Hope this makes more sense.
    I understand...the only reason why I asking is because I noticed you popped up a recording for the final night in LA that was listed as a 1.5 out of 5 and I knew my recording was waaaay better quality, but I understand you wanting proper gear recordings up. Thanks again for doing all the work on the site, its awesome to have my recordings readily available for everyone to download

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    I understand...the only reason why I asking is because I noticed you popped up a recording for the final night in LA that was listed as a 1.5 out of 5 and I knew my recording was waaaay better quality, but I understand you wanting proper gear recordings up. Thanks again for doing all the work on the site, its awesome to have my recordings readily available for everyone to download
    I'd still like to hear yours...are you going to share it anywhere? Dime perhaps?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    That recording was done with proper audio gear. Sadly, they just ran their levels really hot and it came out not as good. I guess like other tapers have said (and this is not coming off as a shot at anyone) that recording on your phone is just lazy practice. I would rather have some effort in these because if there wasn't some effort. I would have a bunch of iphone dictation recordings that would be mono and overloaded whenever the mics encountered very high SPLs. Granted, the reason why you ran the iPhone recording that night was because you got popped at the door, which was a massive bummer. Oh hell, I am just sounding like an asshole now. You actually took the time to record the show and thought this was going to be uploaded. Can you send the file again and I will get to it when I can? This is the toughest semester in my program now so I am very swamped through the week and have more time on the weekend.

Sorry to ramble about nothing.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I'd still like to hear yours...are you going to share it anywhere? Dime perhaps?
    If I can ever figure out how to torrent shit correctly, maybe.