Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Dr. Huxtable heads to the Big House--The Bill Cosby thread

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Dr. Huxtable heads to the Big House--The Bill Cosby thread

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/a...y-retrial.html

Personally, I would like to see him get 30 years in prison, with a possibility of parole in 10-15 years. He's 80 now, so that's effectively a life-sentence. I don't care if he's old. He should have been in prison years ago. The moral preening from this guy over the years is amazing, such a hypocrite.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/a...y-retrial.html

Personally, I would like to see him get 30 years in prison, with a possibility of parole in 10-15 years. He's 80 now, so that's effectively a life-sentence. I don't care if he's old. He should have been in prison years ago. The moral preening from this guy over the years is amazing, such a hypocrite.
    I'm just hoping he enjoys them puddin'-pops in prison.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    A 22-year-old juror said after the trial that it was the defendant's own admission to drugging his victims that led to the conviction. This juror, by the way, was rather unfamiliar with the defendant's TV, movie and comedy work, so he had no emotional attachment or nostalgia conflicts: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/30/us/co...ion/index.html

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The moral grandstanding he did for years is even more despicable in retrospect. It's most likely how he was able to get away with his crimes. I hope he rots.

Anyway, this is a good excuse to post this.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The moral grandstanding he did for years is even more despicable in retrospect. It's most likely how he was able to get away with his crimes. I hope he rots.

Anyway, this is a good excuse to post this.

That is comedy gold. Murphy is a fucking comic genius.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Serves Cosby right. He always comes across as this "hey, I'm a harmless guy. I just trying to be good to everyone. I don't curse in my comedy routines. I don't say filthy things like Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy. No, I just want to be your good dad. Here, buy some Jell-O and Puddin' Pops!" What a fucking douche bag. I would love to deck him and take back the money my parents spent on fucking Ghost Dad. That movie fucking sucked.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Did people just have utterly Shit weirdo radar back in the day? He has always come across as very strange

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Serves Cosby right. He always comes across as this "hey, I'm a harmless guy. I just trying to be good to everyone. I don't curse in my comedy routines. I don't say filthy things like Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy. No, I just want to be your good dad. Here, buy some Jell-O and Puddin' Pops!" What a fucking douche bag. I would love to deck him and take back the money my parents spent on fucking Ghost Dad. That movie fucking sucked.
    Did you ever see that Family Guy episode where Stewie appears on "Kids Say The Darndest Things" and Bill Cosby takes his Hypnotic Glasses. Cosby stares into Stewie with the glasses on and Stewie gets hypnotized. Stewie says, "He likes pudding and Ghost Dad was the best movie since Leonard Part 6!" LOL. Gets me every time.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    There are so many things that outrage me about that "article". Number one is that it is an article in the first place.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    There are so many things that outrage me about that "article". Number one is that it is an article in the first place.
    i wanna make a chris crocker meme that says "leave elvin alone" but i'm not savvy enough.

not every famous person wants or needs to stay famous. and trader joe's isn't a bad place to work.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i wanna make a chris crocker meme that says "leave elvin alone" but i'm not savvy enough.

not every famous person wants or needs to stay famous. and trader joe's isn't a bad place to work.
    I'm not knocking Trader Joe's or anyone who works there, but it is a little sad. And how is it he didn't save and invest money he earned from his gig on that show?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They should have left the graffiti on the star.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...904-story.html

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    So disgusting. How many women got harrassed to no end and put under a microscope after coming forward about this fucking serial rapist only for him to get a sentence so light he’ll probably be wearing an ankle bracelet in a mansion somewhere within a few years? Our justice system could not be more useless and it’s as if the judge went for as minimal a sentence possible without outright guaranteeing him freedom. It’s so gross.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    3-10 does seem pretty light. I was expecting at least 5-10.

He should have gotten ten years minimum, imho.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I'm not even joking that is better then my old studio apartment

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I'm not even joking that is better then my old studio apartment
    I thought that he would be separated from the general population.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    We Need to Talk About Cosby.

Review by Brian Tallerico

This looks excellent:

Where do you start to talk about Bill Cosby? He was one of the most popular entertainment figures of the twentieth century, a man who reshaped the television landscape in a way that defined representation in comedy. He was also a violent, vicious predator who used his carefully constructed public image as a family man and respected pillar of the community to feed his vile urges. The conversation around Bill Cosby doesn’t just need to include both of these stories, it needs to recognize how they were inextricably connected—how Cosby’s public persona and popularity enabled him to commit horrific crimes outside of the public eye. And the conversation needs to include how commonly we refuse to recognize that what we see on TV or hear on a stage isn’t anywhere near the whole story when it comes to a person’s life. We thought we knew Bill Cosby because he so deftly turned his own life into stand-up and fiction, but we didn’t realize how much of it was a lie.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-26-2022 at 09:12 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    We NEED to stop worshipping celebrities and thinking they're incapable of the same acts of moral turpitude regularly committed by tens of millions of people.