Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Dr. Huxtable heads to the Big House--The Bill Cosby thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

    Dr. Huxtable heads to the Big House--The Bill Cosby thread

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/a...y-retrial.html

    Personally, I would like to see him get 30 years in prison, with a possibility of parole in 10-15 years. He's 80 now, so that's effectively a life-sentence. I don't care if he's old. He should have been in prison years ago. The moral preening from this guy over the years is amazing, such a hypocrite.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,575
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/26/a...y-retrial.html

    Personally, I would like to see him get 30 years in prison, with a possibility of parole in 10-15 years. He's 80 now, so that's effectively a life-sentence. I don't care if he's old. He should have been in prison years ago. The moral preening from this guy over the years is amazing, such a hypocrite.
    I'm just hoping he enjoys them puddin'-pops in prison.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    251
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    A 22-year-old juror said after the trial that it was the defendant's own admission to drugging his victims that led to the conviction. This juror, by the way, was rather unfamiliar with the defendant's TV, movie and comedy work, so he had no emotional attachment or nostalgia conflicts: https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/30/us/co...ion/index.html

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    2,502
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    The moral grandstanding he did for years is even more despicable in retrospect. It's most likely how he was able to get away with his crimes. I hope he rots.

    Anyway, this is a good excuse to post this.


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    The moral grandstanding he did for years is even more despicable in retrospect. It's most likely how he was able to get away with his crimes. I hope he rots.

    Anyway, this is a good excuse to post this.

    That is comedy gold. Murphy is a fucking comic genius.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    Posts
    6,575
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Serves Cosby right. He always comes across as this "hey, I'm a harmless guy. I just trying to be good to everyone. I don't curse in my comedy routines. I don't say filthy things like Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy. No, I just want to be your good dad. Here, buy some Jell-O and Puddin' Pops!" What a fucking douche bag. I would love to deck him and take back the money my parents spent on fucking Ghost Dad. That movie fucking sucked.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,633
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Did people just have utterly Shit weirdo radar back in the day? He has always come across as very strange

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    37
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Serves Cosby right. He always comes across as this "hey, I'm a harmless guy. I just trying to be good to everyone. I don't curse in my comedy routines. I don't say filthy things like Richard Pryor or Eddie Murphy. No, I just want to be your good dad. Here, buy some Jell-O and Puddin' Pops!" What a fucking douche bag. I would love to deck him and take back the money my parents spent on fucking Ghost Dad. That movie fucking sucked.
    Did you ever see that Family Guy episode where Stewie appears on "Kids Say The Darndest Things" and Bill Cosby takes his Hypnotic Glasses. Cosby stares into Stewie with the glasses on and Stewie gets hypnotized. Stewie says, "He likes pudding and Ghost Dad was the best movie since Leonard Part 6!" LOL. Gets me every time.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    2,632
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    There are so many things that outrage me about that "article". Number one is that it is an article in the first place.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    7,536
    Mentioned
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    There are so many things that outrage me about that "article". Number one is that it is an article in the first place.
    i wanna make a chris crocker meme that says "leave elvin alone" but i'm not savvy enough.

    not every famous person wants or needs to stay famous. and trader joe's isn't a bad place to work.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i wanna make a chris crocker meme that says "leave elvin alone" but i'm not savvy enough.

    not every famous person wants or needs to stay famous. and trader joe's isn't a bad place to work.
    I'm not knocking Trader Joe's or anyone who works there, but it is a little sad. And how is it he didn't save and invest money he earned from his gig on that show?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    They should have left the graffiti on the star.

    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...904-story.html

Posting Permissions