Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I hope there’s another season just to catch up with Dan.
    Someone's going to have to bust him out of prison, first...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I hope there’s another season just to catch up with Dan.

"So now I’ve got to cast a better Nite-Owl than Patrick Wilson?" –Lindelof

Hey, if Spider-Man: Far from Home can cast JK Simmons......

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    HBO is going to pressure the shit out of Lindeloff to do another season. So I really doubt this will only be a one and done type thing. If anything, I expect WATCHMEN to be somewhat similar to The Leftovers. Only a few seasons but just the right amount, with quite a bit of time in between each season.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    If they didn't have anything in mind for a second season, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes a hiatus and doesn't come back until fall/winter of 2021, much like Better Call Saul, Rick and Morty, and Game of Thrones have recently done. (but let's hope there is a season 2 and that we don't have to wait more than a year for it!)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Is Doomsday Clock any good? Worth reading? Will I miss a lot if I haven't read any directly preceding DC BvS stories?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just caught up with this whole thing this week and I am LOVING it, one thing I wouldn’t have thought from any commentary is how funny it is, just really irreverent, particularly Laurie Blake. But lots of humorous bits dotted about - lube man and one bit that particularly cracked me up was Looking Glass when his alarm goes wrong and he’s trying to stop it. We had a run in with a smoke alarm a few weeks back and I could really relate

Also am I overthinking things or was there a sneaky reference to Columbo when Laurie Blake is speaking to Looking Glass and calls him back with ‘one more thing’ and cuts right to the chase

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    I had to google what you meant by season 2 may never happen and I’m suuuper bummed now after reading about it. This series has been a total fun surprise and it has so much potential to continue on for maybe 3-5 seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i agree, for sure.
    one thing i love about this show is its lack of spoon feeding exposition, and explaining everything.
    it's full of mysteries, and you've got to WAIT for them to pay off. it's challenging in that way, which is sort of refreshing.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i agree, for sure.
    one thing i love about this show is its lack of spoon feeding exposition, and explaining everything.
    it's full of mysteries, and you've got to WAIT for them to pay off. it's challenging in that way, which is sort of refreshing.
    Challenging in a good way. Not in a Westworld way. Haha .

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What's good about this show in comparison to Leftovers/Lost is that Lindehof and team are actually explaining things...in a very smart way IMO. You learn about the different characters and the Watchmen novel in the previous two eps, I thought it was genius how they did it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    What's good about this show in comparison to Leftovers/Lost is that Lindehof and team are actually explaining things...in a very smart way IMO. You learn about the different characters and the Watchmen novel in the previous two eps, I thought it was genius how they did it.
    The Leftovers is amazing and absolutely perfect as it is. I don't know what more explanation that story needed.
    Last edited by neorev; 12-07-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Is Doomsday Clock any good? Worth reading? Will I miss a lot if I haven't read any directly preceding DC BvS stories?
    It's pretty good so far, albeit with a slow start. The art from Gary Frank is absolutely gorgeous. Last issue doesn't come out for another two weeks I think. I hope they stick the landing, and that will probably determine everything re: people's opinions on the series.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What the fuck was that elephant supposed to be? Was it like a clue, the elephant in the room or something?

i just remembered in talking about how funny the show is, the Jeremy Irons scenes are amazing, just catapulting dead clones, completely ludicrous but somehow you just go with it

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just realized that the Doctor Manhattan vibrator is called the "EXCALIBUR".

The... EX-CAL-ABAR.

FUCK! The writing on this show is so fucking great.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Just realized that the Doctor Manhattan vibrator is called the "EXCALIBUR".

The... EX-CAL-ABAR.

FUCK! The writing on this show is so fucking great.
    HOLY SHIT! Good fucking catch!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Without spoilers, I don’t understand why Manhattan let it happen. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    And also, can someone explain to me why if Veidt chose to be there, he’s jailed up?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    That was too far. Idk I did not like that line being crossed, or how it was done at all

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Without spoilers, I don’t understand why Manhattan let it happen. Thoughts?
    Spoiler: Because what happens happens. Manhattan has never changed the future because he can see the outcome. If his future entailed for him to be destroyed he could not by his own principle intervene.

And also, can someone explain to me why if Veidt chose to be there, he’s jailed up?
    Spoiler: Because Manhattan has the implant put in shortly afterwards, therefor "forgetting" that Veidt is there. He wasn't in jail after all, just simply forgotten about.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    If anyone's been keeping up with it, this week's Peteypedia entries basically confirm that Petey IS the silver lube guy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    That was too far. Idk I did not like that line being crossed, or how it was done at all
    What line is it you think got crossed? I thought it was a fantastic and extremely well written episode. I love how they are tying everything together. I cannot wait to see how they cap it off next week!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    People are complaining on Twitter that Watchmen was snubbed by the Golden Globes, but i read a few people say it wasn’t eligible because either HBO didn’t submit it due to spoiler possibility or it didn’t run for enough hours during the time frame. Anyone know how you can find out which programmes are eligible because I’m sure the Oscars announce eligibility so you can see if it was genuinely snubbed?

the score wouldn’t be eligible anyway because they only seem to have a score category for motion pictures

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    What line is it you think got crossed? I thought it was a fantastic and extremely well written episode. I love how they are tying everything together. I cannot wait to see how they cap it off next week!
    The line is killing Dr. Manhattan. It's just very hard for me to buy on so many levels. A being that whole governments and super powers were motivated to deal with us spontaneously murdered by racist rednecks on someone's front lawn?

The case for his ambivalence towards his demise is uphill. He cares about Angela, I guess, and all the stuff Laurie talked to him about in the comic. If he can't see past that moment, why risk jeopardizing that. If he doesn't have a self preservation instinct, how did that work out in battle?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The line is killing Dr. Manhattan. It's just very hard for me to buy on so many levels. A being that whole governments and super powers were motivated to deal with us spontaneously murdered by racist rednecks on someone's front lawn?

The case for his ambivalence towards his demise is uphill. He cares about Angela, I guess, and all the stuff Laurie talked to him about in the comic. If he can't see past that moment, why risk jeopardizing that. If he doesn't have a self preservation instinct, how did that work out in battle?
    Didn't he say they were going to teleport him involuntarily?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Let's at least wait until we've seen the final episode to pass judgment on that. I suspect he isn't dead, too. Maybe he'll just let her think he is so she can move on and find someone else? I'm REALLY wondering why it was important for her to see him walking on the water in the pool...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The line is killing Dr. Manhattan. It's just very hard for me to buy on so many levels.
    Did you watch the preview for next week's episode?...

He's most definitely not dead. They literally just teleported him to their hideout.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Well that would certainly make me feel differently about it!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    If the Smartest Man in the World could not kill Dr Manhattan, I don't see how someone else can...

No wonder Laurie thought Cal was sexy.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I'm REALLY wondering why it was important for her to see him walking on the water in the pool...
    I was thinking about it maybe having to do with him either creating life like he did on Europa OR something about the conversation he had with Angela about passing along his powers, could he have done something to the pool like he said he could do with the egg?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    He's still alive, shown in the preview. This episode was absolutely incredible at weaving a great backstory once again - I could take another 9 episodes easily when everything is this good.

I hope Veidt makes it back somehow, not sure how they're going to satisfactorily wrap this one up in a one hour episode but I'm ready for it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    the image of veidt being pissed off at and smacking his remote to try to get it to work properly is one of my favorite things that has been on the show. little mundane moments like that which really ground characters are fantastic. similarly, the fact that dr. cal-hattan was...making waffles while waiting for his inevitable capture was hilarious and so lovely.

the peteypedia entry that is petey's summary of Fogdancing a) made me extremely uncomfortable (i'm glad the book doesn't actually exist) and b) reminded me a little bit of elements of slaughterhouse five, which i'm guessing was intentional?

the loop that angela created by asking will (via dr. M) why he killed judd was such a great example of time-travel mind-fuckery. i love shit like that.