Thread: Trilogy (NTAE, Add violence, Bad Witch) playing order/theories

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I’m not sure whether Trent would chuckle or facepalm at the thought of people seriously listening to the backwards TDS tracks as part of the album.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I’m not sure whether Trent would chuckle or facepalm at the thought of people seriously listening to the backwards TDS tracks as part of the album.
    Here we see a close-minded individual in the wilderness. Try it. Art is more than entertainment, and I know it's difficult for you to understand that. A weirder thing is than even if it's a simple "easter egg", it legitimately works. What an insult to Trent, seriously. Purposefully putting a whole vinyl side and people thinking he would just chuckle when someone happens to like it.

Edit : "Fuck, I got goose bumps just thinking about that possibility right now - the idea that someone could be thinking so hard about an album"

Sounds like @teitan would just get goose bumps

@laur.a Best one yet IMO, the two sides really solves the loop placement
    Last edited by StockAvuryah; 06-20-2018 at 11:54 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Here we see a close-minded individual in the wilderness. Try it.
    I have. They sounded kinda weird, interesting, compelling, but you are ignoring (or missed) the last bit of what I wrote

Quote Originally Posted by jmtd
    as part of the album.
    It's clear to me that they're an interesting aside (literally) and not part of the continuity of either that EP or the set of EPs. The proof is in the fact you only got them with the vinyl edition.

But maybe you are on to something: We literally have twice as much NIN music if you reverse everything! Wow he's hidden half his oeuvre this under our noses the whole time!

Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post
    Art is more than entertainment, and I know it's difficult for you to understand that. A weirder thing is than even if it's a simple "easter egg", it legitimately works. What an insult to Trent, seriously. Purposefully putting a whole vinyl side and people thinking he would just chuckle when someone happens to like it.
    I'm sure Trent is capable of deciding what insults him by himself. Or maybe he has you on speed dial for that?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    But maybe you are on to something: We literally have twice as much NIN music if you reverse everything! Wow he's hidden half his oeuvre this under our noses the whole time!
    Just answering that : Yes, let's rewind all of NIN's discography. I'm ready. Certain some of it is interesting. Like the tracks which have already backwards samples, like in TDS. Oh wait.