Here.

"I'd like people to listen to it the way it was intended to be listened to," says Atticus. "We didn't put them in a randomiser: a lot of thought went into their order, and there's meaning throughout the three; within each release and then over the arc of all three. There's a reason that Branches/Bones starts Not The Actual Events and there's a reason that Over And Out ends Bad Witch, and they're connected. I don't know if anyone will listen to it like that, but that is obviously the hope."

"You'll find if you do take the time to listen to it sequentially, there is an incredible amount of thought that's gone into that for the discerning listener," adds Trent. "There is a riddle there; there is a purpose; there's an intent; there is careful thought of the order of the songs. They were written in that way, they were mixed that way. We're not demanding that you do that, but this is the type of art that interests us and that we choose to make."

"It's not said with any pomposity," adds Atticus, by way of clarification.

"Well, a little bit of pomposity," laughs Trent.

paragraph-long explicit "fuck modern music consumption trends, you do what you want and I do what I want" rant*