Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: God Break Down the Door - first single

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Fuck these descriptions have me nervous/anxious to listen. I'm going to try to wait until full release.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    not to be needy but any chance somebody could reupload this without a password? stuck on my phone at work for eight hours and my file manager doesn’t support zips with passwords, it’s already hit reddit too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    This is fucking amazing excuse me as I listen to this on a loop entire day

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Newman View Post
    This song blows. God damn......including cheesy ender line with no music in the background.

You chose the wrong tangent Trent.. you should have stuck to the original plan for the trilogy. This song will be skipped constantly.
    Can't please everybody sadly. I just want to listen to the song but I am stuck at work and apparently impossible to listen to it on iOS at the moment

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I DEMAND THAT THIS SONG BE REPLACED BEFORE THE RELEASE!

lol

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Only Bowie can do Bowie.
    As a Bowie fan, people need to stop pretending he was all original. Bowie copied people as well, like The Rolling Stones and The Velvet Underground.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This song blows. God damn......including cheesy ender line with no music in the background.

Basically it's like Trent and Atticus are revisiting the Lost Highway soundtrack and doing Bowie in Bowie's place. Well guess what? Only Bowie can do Bowie.

You done fucked up! At first I thought I was listening to someone's Fruity Loops song... trying to pass it off as the new NIN.

You chose the wrong tangent Trent.. you should have stuck to the original plan for the trilogy. This song will be skipped constantly.

I DEMAND THAT THIS SONG BE REPLACED BEFORE THE RELEASE!
    the clown is back

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I can't wait to argue with people who think this song is highly artistic and great.

As someone else said, not my cup of tea BUT only Trent can make me listen to a song like this.

Sooo... do I like it? No. Am I going to listen to this to death until release? Yes. Am I happy that a song like this got into the NIN catalog? As I said earlier, Trent can do whatever the fuck he wants now.

Without context, it would be harsh to judge this song. Remember, for better or worse, Add Violence ended up nothing like Less Than.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    Fuck these descriptions have me nervous/anxious to listen. I'm going to try to wait until full release.

Damn bud, good luck with that. I'll admire your fortitude if you succeed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    True FB!!
    Copy of a copy of a copy of a copy.....
    art looks like a photocopy....
    art inspires art.....
    there we go thinking again.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So the vocals are a little jarring like hearing the chorus of shoes gone away the first time?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Right there with you...but at over a month out it's going to be tough for me to resist.

Edit: You didn't even make it 11 minutes!!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So the vocals are a little jarring like hearing the chorus of shoes gone away the first time?
    Yes, it's those type of vocals Trent has never done in his career. But I personally love them.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Of course I’m stuck at work and can’t download anything all day, if anyone finds a streaming link I would be very grateful

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, these descriptions have me really nervous. I really hope I don't hate it...loved all of AV, except The Lovers...hope it's not a repeat of that. Really hoping for PHM NIN and/or rock NIN, not weird, experimental NIN...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Oh my god.

Of everything Trent has released in the last few years ... nothing has had this kind of immediate positive reaction with me so far. I'm loving this. I can totally hear the "Blackstar" comparisons with this track, but it still feels like at home within the Nine Inch Nails discography. The paranoid-filled drum and synth patterns, Trent's vocals and that SEXY SAXOPHONE. Holy hell. This is going to be on my repeat for a LONG time this week.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    While Bowie similarity is obviously there as well, I found myself humming Ful Stop by Radiohead afterwards.
    Also, drums reminded me of Cash Car Star by Pumpkins
    Last edited by fillow; 05-16-2018 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Shoes gone away. Also known as NIN's heaviest hitting ballads. Everyone can relate. :P

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Oh my god.

Of everything Trent has released in the last few years ... nothing has had this kind of immediate positive reaction with me so far. I'm loving this. I can totally hear the "Blackstar" comparisons with this track, but it still feels like at home within the Nine Inch Nails discography. The paranoid-filled drum and synth patterns, Trent's vocals and that SEXY SAXOPHONE. Holy hell. This is going to be on my repeat for a LONG time this week.
    have you heard more than the 9 second snipped we've all heard???

@cheddamash it's the same cover with the contrast pumped up way too high. none of the images are actually different.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Shoes gone away. Also known as NIN's heaviest hitting ballads. Everyone can relate. :P
    Has to be the spiritual successor to BBB right???

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Holy shit, I just want to punch my fists around and start dancing around the 2:31 mark.

This single just pushed Bad Witch to the top of my 2018 album hype.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Has to be the spiritual successor to BBB right???
    And the ARG just keeps expanding... unreal! Years in the making if not decades.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Only Bowie can do Bowie.
    I miss Bowie too, man.

We all have to deal with it in our own way...and Trent just dropped an ode to the Goblin King that I know David would just love.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Holy shit, I just want to punch my fists around and start dancing around the 2:31 mark.
    I was just thinking this - fantastic moment.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetvet1975 View Post
    Man, these descriptions have me really nervous. I really hope I don't hate it...loved all of AV, except The Lovers...hope it's not a repeat of that. Really hoping for PHM NIN and/or rock NIN, not weird, experimental NIN...
    It's not a repeat of The Lovers but it also has nothing to do with PHM NIN or rock NIN. It in fact is weird and experimental.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimthiscity View Post
    not to be needy but any chance somebody could reupload this without a password? stuck on my phone at work for eight hours and my file manager doesn’t support zips with passwords, it’s already hit reddit too.
    Download the RAR app. Think it should work with that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    It's not a repeat of The Lovers but it also has nothing to do with PHM NIN or rock NIN. It in fact is weird and experimental.
    I'd say it's more "rocky" than The Lovers, it is definetelly more experimental and weirder, but it is a pretty intense and fast song.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Can't extract the zip from that mediafire link. . .

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NIN64 View Post
    Can't extract the zip from that mediafire link. . .
    Worked for me with 7zip

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    The Lovers felt like almost like "The Next Day" style Bowie ... very electronic crooner .... but this is SUPER "Blackstar" sounding but very much within the world of NIN. It's chaotic rhythmically and Trent's vocals are great. I still adore "Blackstar" like crazy so I'm all for this.

I have a feeling this record is going to be a noisy and dark industrial rock record mixed in with this spacey electronic jazz. I'm so hyped.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Worked for me with 7zip
    I used good ol' winrar, so that should do it as well.