Thread: 2018.12.07-08 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

2018.12.07-08 Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium

Presale info - https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/...dium=affiliate

Lineup begins 8am 5/19.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Since there are 4 shows, would I be an idiot for flying down from Portland, OR to line up for the presale on the 19th?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    Since there are 4 shows, would I be an idiot for flying down from Portland, OR to line up for the presale on the 19th?
    That seems rough. We need to organize and have as many LA locals help out the non-locals secure some tickets. I'm unfortunately out of town next weekend, and my girlfriend won't be able to get to the Palladium until after 10am, so I'm trying to figure out who I can get to go for me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    The Palladium has a capacity of 4,000 & the shows will be general admission. What sucks is that brokers will likely be slathered all over these four shows.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    That seems rough. We need to organize and have as many LA locals help out the non-locals secure some tickets. I'm unfortunately out of town next weekend, and my girlfriend won't be able to get to the Palladium until after 10am, so I'm trying to figure out who I can get to go for me.
    Thanks, please keep me updated if you're able to swing something! The Palladium seems like a better venue than the SF one. My boyfriend and I were just in LA last weekend to see Yeah Yeah Yeahs and LCD Soundsystem at the Hollywood Bowl. So flying for a show is doable. Flying just to procure tickets is.... not something I want to drop money on if online tickets will go up afterwards.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I'll be going via train from San Diego. LMAO.... So if people need help with tickets, I am going to try to get the last two nights.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I want to attempt to go to these 4 shows somehow. Not sure how. These tickets are going to sell like hot cakes. I can see the 7th and 8th selling out on the pre-sale date for sure since they are weekend dates. The 11th and 12th not so much because they are during the week. Going to see what I can do though. I hope there are some tickets left over for the internet sale later. I don't see how this is supposed to stop scalping and give the best chance to the fans to get tickets...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I too would like to coordinate with someone buying tickets for us nin fans not able to line up for the pre-sale. I'm open to any of the 4 nights. I'm local but my idiot self scheduled a vasectomy the Friday before and won't be able to leave the house! So it's double painful for me!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh, and dammit for playing at the Palladium! Just terrible venue. The sound is god awful!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Welp, I'm gonna fly from Portland using airline miles. I'll be buying 2 tickets for myself, so I can try to buy others. Friday and Saturday nights are my preference, but I'll buy whatever I can get. Happy to try to help some other people out!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I would LOVE 2 tickets to both Friday the 7th and Saturday the 8th! Anyone willing to help? I'll pay you for your trouble. PM me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If anyone finds themselves with 1-2 extra tickets for any of these shows, please hit me up. Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I plan to drive up from San Diego early that morning to pick up tickets for myself for all four shows. May be willing to help out depending on what's available. Also, since going solo and no other reason to be in LA that day, I'll probably head over to Mikkeller DTLA and Modern Times Dankness Dojo after for some coffee and beer if anyone wants to join.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone has a spare ticket for 12/8, I can send money anytime. I'll be in Phoenix in line for my local shows.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Okay, kids, time to mobilize. Obviously, there are a few of us who don't live in LA or, like me, just won't be in town next weekend, and of course all of us would love for someone to be able to grab us tickets.

So the real question is, who on here CAN pick up extra tickets? That is, who on here:

1. Will be waiting in line in LA this Saturday morning
    2. Is not already purchasing 16 tickets (i.e. 4 tickets to each of the four shows)
    3. Is comfortable sorting out payment/delivery with a fellow ETS user

@ninlive and @Come_Reptile - are you both in this boat?
    Last edited by Toadflax; 05-14-2018 at 05:37 PM.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm thinking that due to budgetary restrictions I'll probably only be able to make it to two of the LA shows. Which two do you think will be my best bet for having the most variation in setlists? Back to back shows like Friday and Saturday? Or shows with days in between like Friday and Wednesday?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm close to maxing out at 16. I'll post an update later today once I've confirmed with folks.
    @deadwinterskies , my hunch is Friday and Wednesday will have the most variety.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    I'll be going via train from San Diego. LMAO.... So if people need help with tickets, I am going to try to get the last two nights.
    if you end up with extra tickets for any of the shows please let me know. I can hook you up with a ride from San Diego to LA

*EDIT* I just realized you were talking about taking the train up from SD to LA for the day the tix go on sale, not the actual show dates.
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 05-16-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So what time is anyone actually lining up for this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking for 2 tickets if anyone is planning on getting some extra. Any night works, preference would be the 8th then the 11th/12th. I'm in South OC if you would want to meet up for the exchange.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokenfern View Post
    I'm local but my idiot self scheduled a vasectomy the Friday before and won't be able to leave the house! So it's double painful for me!!!
    I think you'll be in better shape than you're prepping yourself for. Went through it myself, and yah you'll be sore. Just keep the boys nice and supported. But I could see how standing in line can give you time to focus on the pain.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I’m going to try and get there around 7:15-7:30. Coming from Pasadena I just want to make sure I have enough time to park and get situated. I really don’t want to go super early and wait around, even though I don’t know how well the “no lines before 8” will be enforced. I may regret that

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    @Nellyrific I'm planning to get there at the same time. Either we see some folks in a pre-line line and join in, or we don't and watch the clock at that point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.nin.com/live
    It appears the opening acts for the LA dates are Death in Vegas (Friday and Saturday) and HMLTD (Tuesday and Wednesday).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Also, on the Ticketbastard presale info page it states that the price range is $80-$100. Considering the Palladium is a GA venue, what do you think the difference will be between the $80 tix and the $100 ones?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Okay, kids, time to mobilize. Obviously, there are a few of us who don't live in LA or, like me, just won't be in town next weekend, and of course all of us would love for someone to be able to grab us tickets.

So the real question is, who on here CAN pick up extra tickets? That is, who on here:

1. Will be waiting in line in LA this Saturday morning
    2. Is not already purchasing 16 tickets (i.e. 4 tickets to each of the four shows)
    3. Is comfortable sorting out payment/delivery with a fellow ETS user

@ninlive and @Come_Reptile - are you both in this boat?
    I've een suffering from vertigo the past 7 months, slowly getting back to normal but cant stay on my feet for long. This ticket thing has me really stressed out!
    If anyone is going to wait in line for the Los Angeles shows, I'm looking for a least a pair of tickets for one of the nights (doesn't matter which one), but depending on cost might be interested in a pair for a second night as well.
    Can anyone help me out? It'd be so very appreciated!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deadwinterskies View Post
    Also, on the Ticketbastard presale info page it states that the price range is $80-$100. Considering the Palladium is a GA venue, what do you think the difference will be between the $80 tix and the $100 ones?
    The palladium has recently started to sell floor and balcony separately now. Balcony will be the $100.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    Welp, I'm gonna fly from Portland using airline miles. I'll be buying 2 tickets for myself, so I can try to buy others. Friday and Saturday nights are my preference, but I'll buy whatever I can get. Happy to try to help some other people out!
    Definitely interested!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Please help a poor girl out. I need one -- ONE *the Count laughs* ah-ha-ha -- ticket for any one of the four shows. I'm my mother's caregiver and can't swing the time off this Saturday. (If I had my druthers I'd try for all four shows, but she had an actual panic attack when I told her about even going to one show, so...yeah, just one.)

ETA: I could take one of the balcony seats if it would be easier to get than a GA ticket...being fun-size, it might actually be easier to see something from up on high.
    Last edited by Portrait in Flesh; 05-18-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Unfortunately I can't make it to the Palladium until maybe 1 o'clock, but I'll still be down to grab some tickets for anyone out there who can't make it, just let me know.

@Portrait in Flesh You're looking for a balcony seat? I'll try and get one for you.
    Last edited by StaticSense; 05-18-2018 at 04:56 PM.