Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.13-14 New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I’m dumb. Disregard I’m dumb. Trying to edit earlier posts. Ughhhhhh it’s been a awhile
    Last edited by Denim Chicken; 05-19-2018 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    With all due respect to your friend, no one forced people to leave. Some guy came out and said if you're in this part of the line (the back) you're likely not going to get tickets. This seemed true at the time, a couple people left and a bunch just stayed. Leaving early was just a judgement call.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Congrats to all that got tickets - well earned. I was online at 9:00am full lap and a quarter behind and had limited time with my parents watching the kids - had to bail at noon. First local show I’ll be missing in a loooong while.

“Back in the day” if you were on a physical line it would be an hour TOPS before all tix were gone but this was a first for me with a box office only setup. I’ll be better prepared next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    With all due respect to your friend, no one forced people to leave. Some guy came out and said if you're in this part of the line (the back) you're likely not going to get tickets. This seemed true at the time, a couple people left and a bunch just stayed. Leaving early was just a judgement call.
    They told her they were sold out, not just that it was unlikely. They said there were no more tickets and she should leave. A lot of people left, from what I understand. I don't know, I just think the whole idea was shitty in the first place, and then to not even execute it well is salt in the wound.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Alarm at 5, drive from Jerz, in line by 6, out the door at 1145 with 2 for each show. Could have been enjoyable had it not been for the rain. Skipped the listening station although a nice touch for those who wanted a sneak peak. Passed on the litho...not enough wall space but hoping for a nice print for the show to frame with the ticket envelope. Well done to those that stuck it out. I have a feeling they’ll add another show somewhere in the city.
    Last edited by cdm; 05-19-2018 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    thanks everyone!! honestly, I kept pushing through in part because of the encouragement from you guys here. it was a veryyyyy long day, but time did seem to fly by. the people around me were cool and we had some good convos and fun times. we were all super happy once we got into the lobby by the ticket booths, and congratulated each other for our journey. I'm kinda kicking myself for not passing along contact info now!

we were certainly told by an official of sorts that they were "sold out" - this was before 12. he had on a suit. I honestly feel bad for the people who left the line at that time. the guy had false info (we didn't see him again) . theories floated: was he a scalper trying to guarentee a spot on line? was he the manager from duane reede across the street!? who knows. I nearly got off the line, but I saw a lot of people angry/refusing to get off, and I just stayed on out of curiosity.

I really hope that the folks who left the line are able to buy tickets when they go on sale online. there should a lot left.

also, heard they are planning two nights at the Kings Theater in Brooklyn.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post

we were certainly told by an official of sorts that they were "sold out" - this was before 12. he had on a suit.
    the tallish guy in the light gray suit? With a look of general disdain on his face?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    the tallish guy in the light gray suit? With a look of general disdain on his face?
    possibly...if I recall, the guy was heavier set, in his 50's

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    possibly...if I recall, the guy was heavier set, in his 50's
    Ok different guy. The guy in the gray suit was younger than that. Your description sounds like the same guy who counted with a clicker while they handed out bands. Blazer and floral tie, neon green / black umbrella.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Wait, really? From where? Does Kings have seating? If not, might be more fun than RCMH.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thanks everyone!! honestly, I kept pushing through in part because of the encouragement from you guys here. it was a veryyyyy long day, but time did seem to fly by. the people around me were cool and we had some good convos and fun times. we were all super happy once we got into the lobby by the ticket booths, and congratulated each other for our journey. I'm kinda kicking myself for not passing along contact info now!

we were certainly told by an official of sorts that they were "sold out" - this was before 12. he had on a suit. I honestly feel bad for the people who left the line at that time. the guy had false info (we didn't see him again) . theories floated: was he a scalper trying to guarentee a spot on line? was he the manager from duane reede across the street!? who knows. I nearly got off the line, but I saw a lot of people angry/refusing to get off, and I just stayed on out of curiosity.

I really hope that the folks who left the line are able to buy tickets when they go on sale online. there should a lot left.

It goes to show that all you need is a suit and confidence and people will believe you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    After hearing about the guy saying the show was "sold out" despite getting my ticket about an hour later, I guess I picked the right time to get in line. Now I know that when the line is "supposed" to start, the best time to get in line is no later than half an hour before! I didn't pay much attention to the "two new songs" section. I browsed through the merch section after seeing some vinyls in there, but didn't see the NTAE or Add Violence CD. I considered asking for the prices/sizes of the shirts, but decided against it because I didn't want to risk paying more than $50 for one. My only other thoughts were battling the rain and getting to the nearest (open) subway station.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I was the dude in the dark green raincoat with a fold-up stool (which spent a lot of time in my backpack because I quickly discovered that the downside of sitting today was absolutely drenched pants, should've worn rain pants or brought an umbrella!).

So considering I was one of the dopes that followed the "no lines before 8 AM" crap and took a bus into Port Authority that got me in a little after 7:30, only to be greeted at 7:50ish by a line that wrapped around the block, I feel extremely fortunate to have scored basically the exact tickets I was looking for. Waited from 8 AM to just about 3 PM, and when I asked for third mezzanine tickets there were still first row spots available, which I snagged for both dates. I hope that means those behind me in line still had tickets available for them.

All in all it was a memorable experience - and a miserable one, but that's pretty much entirely due to the weather. Even the long-ass wait wouldn't have seemed so bad without the Se7en-esque torrents of rain that came all day. However, those I met were super friendly - it was a pleasure to share the line with the two women in front of me and the guy behind me - and went a long way to making the whole thing more bearable. But after all the bullshit, I got what I came for and whatever misgivings I have about this "experiment", I can't complain about my results.

Sorry for anyone who got duped into abandoning the line - that is absolutely infuriating.

The listening stations were a nice idea but as someone who absolutely cannot wait to hear Bad Witch, this was probably one of the last environments I would like to give it a first listen in. I was freezing, achy, tired, and totally focused on tickets. For me a first listen is too much of a ritual - with outside distractions out of the equation altogether - for that opportunity to have appealed to me.
    Last edited by Deacon Blackfire; 05-19-2018 at 09:59 PM. Reason: you say CHAIR, I say STOOL

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Wait, really? From where? Does Kings have seating? If not, might be more fun than RCMH.
    Kings Theatre is seated. Unfortunately it's DEEP in Flatbush. Gorgeous spot, but more of the same bullshit if he does another in person on sale for it if this rumor is true.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I have a feeling they’ll add another show somewhere in the city.
    There are two open days between the DC show on the 10th and the first NYC show on the 13th. I think they're gonna add a show or event of some sort either in DC, Baltimore, Philly or NYC on one or both of those two days. Otherwise he's just hemorrhaging money for two days with all the staff needing to be put up in hotels etc. And they need barely any time at all to get everyone from DC to any of those locations after the show is over on the 10th.

Same thing goes for the huge gap between the NYC & Boston shows. They're not gonna fly everyone home for 5 days and fly em back to Boston. Expect more shows in between NYC & Boston for sure, anywhere from NYC to upstate NY, Montreal or New England.

I wonder if Live Nation is perhaps moving the dates back to October for the Meadows Festival this year? It was in September last year, but prior it was in October I believe. Considering Live Nation is the promoter for almost the entire Cold Black & Lines that go on for Infinity Tour, maybe they booked NIN for this too? It would be kinda weird for them to do so many Radio City shows and headline a festival in the same area at the same time, but that would leave them open to play it on Friday 10/12 if it were the case. Kinda odd that Meadows hasn't even announced dates yet. Live Nation is prolly waiting till after Governor's Ball though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    someone on reddit (take it with a grain of salt) said King's Theater the two days after Radio City. source seemed pretty legit and confident though. Also, a live nation rep at Radio City yesterday said that there will be at least another NYC show "at a different venue than Radio City".

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    someone on reddit (take it with a grain of salt) said King's Theater the two days after Radio City. source seemed pretty legit and confident though. Also, a live nation rep at Radio City yesterday said that there will be at least another NYC show "at a different venue than Radio City".
    This makes a lot of sense, though. Otherwise they would have just added a third / fourth RC show(s). Had they added the shows at 10am they would have easily sold through at least 80% of the tickets.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Kings Theatre is mostly seated, but they do have a small GA pit area.
    Last edited by imail724; 05-20-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Any additional shows have to be online sales, right? Yesterday seemed like a one day only event.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Kings Theatre is mostly seared, but they do have a small GA pit area.
    If there is a Brooklyn show, and they don't do a Physical World sale, man ... people on here will probably be upset.

Even though it's a smaller venue, if there is a show, I think my mid-back orchestra seats for RCMH are decent and I'll hold on to 'em instead of trying to get a slightly better experience. I was mostly curious about a GA NYC show with no seats; Webster Hall last year was my first show and the energy and dancing/shoving was really really fun.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If there are any more shows, they should be sold as non-transferable tickets with a +1. Has worked fine in the past.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    There are two open days between the DC show on the 10th and the first NYC show on the 13th. I think they're gonna add a show or event of some sort either in DC, Baltimore, Philly or NYC on one or both of those two days. Otherwise he's just hemorrhaging money for two days with all the staff needing to be put up in hotels etc. And they need barely any time at all to get everyone from DC to any of those locations after the show is over on the 10th.

Same thing goes for the huge gap between the NYC & Boston shows. They're not gonna fly everyone home for 5 days and fly em back to Boston. Expect more shows in between NYC & Boston for sure, anywhere from NYC to upstate NY, Montreal or New England.
    Eh, there's several other 2-day gaps in the tour schedule, including during the run in L.A. I think Trent just likes/needs his rest between shows at this point. Seems like those supposed Kings Theatre shows would fit nicely Oct 16-17. The longer gaps after Nashville and Chicago are a bit suspect, too. Shows in Canada should happen around there if this is a "North American" tour. Not to mention where is anything at all in the Pacific NW?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    If there are any more shows, they should be sold as non-transferable tickets with a +1. Has worked fine in the past.
    This used to work well but at some point paperless ticketing was made illegal in NY due to lobbying by Ticketmaster I believe.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Then how did last year's Webster Hall show occur the way it did? Because it was announced, sold and performed the same day? Was that the loophole.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenia_spectre View Post
    This used to work well but at some point paperless ticketing was made illegal in NY due to lobbying by Ticketmaster I believe.
    This is not true. Ticketmaster (and other ticketing firms) has lobbied against the paperless legislation and has done so since at least 2010. This is not a new law. As I understand it paperless tickets themselves are not illegal so long as the ticket vendor makes a paper option available at the time of purchase.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3340129

With that said, I'm not sure how they were able to pull off Webster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This is not true. Ticketmaster (and other ticketing firms) has lobbied against the paperless legislation and has done so since at least 2010. This is not a new law. As I understand it paperless tickets themselves are not illegal so long as the ticket vendor makes a paper option available at the time of purchase.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.3340129

With that said, I'm not sure how they were able to pull off Webster.
    I was imprecise. In the past, Trent and others did shows with no paper tickets. Pre-2010. I went to a few - for NIN and other bands and seem to remember shows at Webster, including for NIN done this way. This worked well to keep out many, not all scalpers. Then were unable to do so in NY subsequently. I didn't realize that Ticketmaster was actually lobbying to repeal this horrible law - I now realize it was the other ticket resellers who lobbied for it. But unfortunately it seems Albany is in the resellers' pocket, rather than the consumers.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I love that Ticketmaster really tries its damnedest to keep up this charade that they are these valiant champions fighting for getting tickets into the hands of honest, true fans. But yeah, the NY laws are definitely in favor of all the actual scalpers and brokers.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Sorry if this is posted already. Enter to win free tickets to these shows. I already have mine. NYC... I'm looking forward to joining you, finally.

https://alt923.radio.com/contest/win...submitted=true

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have any extra tickets for either day? I'm looking for 2 tickets, halp!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenia_spectre View Post
    I was imprecise. In the past, Trent and others did shows with no paper tickets. Pre-2010. I went to a few - for NIN and other bands and seem to remember shows at Webster, including for NIN done this way. This worked well to keep out many, not all scalpers. Then were unable to do so in NY subsequently. I didn't realize that Ticketmaster was actually lobbying to repeal this horrible law - I now realize it was the other ticket resellers who lobbied for it. But unfortunately it seems Albany is in the resellers' pocket, rather than the consumers.
    I don't recall if it was paperless or not, but what happened to the name on the credit card used to purchase the tickets having to match at least one of the people attending? It was something like that at Terminal 5 when I saw them..