Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2018.10.09-10 Washington DC @ The Anthem

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anticipation is building like crazy... only two more weeks for show 1 of 2!

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    buckets of lube ftw

(always wanted to say that)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does anyone have experience seeing a show at the Anthem before, I had a couple of friends mention to me that they usually open two doors and let fans in from 2 different directions. As someone who has waited in lots of NIN lines and been screwed over in the last minute by a line being split this makes me nervous. What time are people thinking of being there to line up?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I won't be able to hit these two shows. I have (1) GA ticket available for Tuesday & Wednesday, send a PM if you need a ticket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divine_debris View Post
    Does anyone have experience seeing a show at the Anthem before, I had a couple of friends mention to me that they usually open two doors and let fans in from 2 different directions. As someone who has waited in lots of NIN lines and been screwed over in the last minute by a line being split this makes me nervous. What time are people thinking of being there to line up?
    Yes. I have been to a handful of shows at The Anthem in DC and have only ever seen one entrance on the backside of the venue. The doors are under the marquee and near the pier. This venue is very new and clean. I really enjoy seeing shows here. There's plenty of GA on the floor and on each of the levels behind the seating. Have a great time!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have one GA ticket available for 10/09 and two GA tickets available for 10/10. I bought extra when I went to the physical sale to help out any NIN peeps left out in the Cold Dark and Infinite.

Selling for face value of 95.00 each - I can meet you there to make the exchange.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by divine_debris View Post
    The venue has a reputation for not allowing people to line up all day, only from an hours before doors or so. Not sure how that's going to pan out with the swarm of NIN die-hards.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Door opens at 6PM and my ticket says the show starts at 7:30.
    What would be a good time to show up for the line?
    Also I checked the weather report and so far it looks fine but it's literally on the water front. Should I bring a coat or jacket?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Door opens at 6PM and my ticket says the show starts at 7:30.
    What would be a good time to show up for the line?
    Also I checked the weather report and so far it looks fine but it's literally on the water front. Should I bring a coat or jacket?
    DC tends to be rather warm this time of year. I definitely don't think you'll need a coat, maybe a light hoodie or jacket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raznkn View Post
    Yes. I have been to a handful of shows at The Anthem in DC and have only ever seen one entrance on the backside of the venue. The doors are under the marquee and near the pier. This venue is very new and clean. I really enjoy seeing shows here. There's plenty of GA on the floor and on each of the levels behind the seating. Have a great time!
    Awesome, thanks! We're from Syracuse, NY and driving down for the Wednesday show so I always get nervous they will mess up the line last minute! I did hear back from the venue with this information for what it's worth:

Yes, there are two lines that form for entry. Normally, when we anticipate fans gathering early, security does keep the integrity of the line.
    They usually set up one of the two barricades for patrons to line up in. Regarding the camera policy, it’s up to the artist discretion –normally,
    we allow point and shoot cameras with no detachable lenses (i.e., DSLR and mirrorless cameras)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, I read that on their FAQ so I did reach out to their Customer Service just in case and this is what they replied with:

Yes, there are two lines that form for entry. Normally, when we anticipate fans gathering early, security does keep the integrity of the line.
    They usually set up one of the two barricades for patrons to line up in.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    From an e-mail from the venue:
    “Nine Inch Nails will take over The Anthem this Tuesday for a sold out show. To say we’re stoked to see which various musical trails Trent Reznor and crew will take us down would be an understatement. As always, the electronic-tinged heavy rock will tantalize our minds, and it certainly helps that shoegaze gods The Jesus and Mary Chain and rockers Kite Base will add even more depth. We can’t wait!

Arrive Early! Doors open at 6pm. A sold out show at The Anthem means a lot of people, and it takes a bit of time to get everyone in the doors. Please plan ahead so you don’t miss anything! Get there early enough to take advantage of happy hour prices (and popcorn samples!) at the bars upstairs, all the way until the openers take the stage! And, our Friends with Benefits get 70 points for checking-in at the I.M.P. table in the lobby for Happy Hour before the first act goes on!

Please note that for GA Standing tickets, there are 2 lines for entry - one starting near Shake Shack (975 Wharf St. SW) & one near the District Pier.

Bring your credit or debit card - we’re cashless.
    We do not take cash at the bars, for food or at the box office.”

**Still have (1) GA ticket for Tuesday & Wednesday night. PM if you still need a ticket**

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got near the line. I have to wait for a friend to finish their drive up from Richmond.
    Hope every has a blast!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    [TAKEN] - I have one physical GA ticket available for tonight. I bought 4 tickets and one person is unable to make it. We can meet at the venue before the concert.

Last edited by sc0ttius; 10-10-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Because of the geometry of the Wharf promenade, security splits the main queue into two lines, one east and one west of the marquee on the waterfront side. When you get there, you can walk past the point where the lines merge at the steps and size up the two queues; sometimes one line is shorter than the other. Even for sellout shows, security usually moves people swiftly. People trying to cut in line at the merge near the doors are caught most of the time. The doors on the Maine Avenue side of the venue are only for staff, VIPs, small deliveries and exit only after shows.

As for the GA spots, some of the standing ledges on the backside of the balconies are good if you don’t or can’t get the vantage you want from the floor. The seats are obviously off limits to GA tickets and security regularly flushes scofflaws out of them, even mid-show.