Thread: 2018.09.18-19 Morrison, CO @ Red Rocks

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Looks like I’m driving out to Colorado!
    18th, row 8

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Where you at man? Im over here by these RVs and wearing a leather trench coat.
    I would be closer to the front, but we misunderstood and went to Red Rocks and drove around looking for the fucking box office for over two hours. But, Red Rocks park is just about the most beautiful area ive ever seen, so at least that. We saw several deer up close.
    Sorry to miss you, I just saw this when I got home! Hope your experience turns out alright. It was kind of a long process, but pretty smooth overall. I'll be excited to see the show. We should organize an ETS meetup at this!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Finally got mine. Took forever, but row 14!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    I'm looking for one ticket for each night. If anyone has any extra, please PM me.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post
    Finally got mine. Took forever, but row 14!
    by the time we got there, they claimed that all they had together was row 30 and 31.
    Idk, the whole thing was kind of too fucking long for me. But I met some cool people; I'm usually a bit of a hermit. It was cool that it forced me out of my comfort zone.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by themethatyouknow View Post
    Just got here. The line is around the building and now about 2 blocks through the parking lot.
    Got there about 15 minutes after you and the line had gone all the way down the I-70 bridge and we got in line right before going under it at the far back end of the parking lot.

Seven hours.

SEVEN. FUCKING. HOURS.

But we got our tickets for 9/19. Just GA but that's fine...this'll be the 15th time I've seen NIN and I don't need to be close. Just being in the best venue in the country is enough. Can't WAIT!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Said fuck it... More than likely, wife and me are gonna go to both nights. If anyone has two each for either/both nights let me know what you want. Well see if they release tickets on line for this or if it’s going to strictly be in person sales.

Best. Venue. Ever.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    Got there about 15 minutes after you and the line had gone all the way down the I-70 bridge and we got in line right before going under it at the far back end of the parking lot.

Seven hours.

SEVEN. FUCKING. HOURS.

But we got our tickets for 9/19. Just GA but that's fine...this'll be the 15th time I've seen NIN and I don't need to be close. Just being in the best venue in the country is enough. Can't WAIT!
    Complaining about line waiting for 7 hours. Try 14. But congrats on getting tickets. Wish I was going to this show.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    Complaining about line waiting for 7 hours. Try 14. But congrats on getting tickets. Wish I was going to this show.
    I didn't realize it was a competition and that 7 hours wasn't a long enough time to complain about. What is the cut off for when standing in line goes from awesome-and-the-greatest-thing-ever to sucking?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    I didn't realize it was a competition and that 7 hours wasn't a long enough time to complain about. What is the cut off for when standing in line goes from awesome-and-the-greatest-thing-ever to sucking?
    If it's for a once in a lifetime nin event, the answer is 72.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I had a good experience and got some pretty great seats (row 4!) but I was looking at the AXS page for the upcoming online sales and it's listing prices at $79.50 to $125.00. I bought the highest tier ticket yesterday priced at $152.15, which means I paid an extra $27 dollars per ticket for a fancy envelope, or I paid service charges at the box office. Either way, that does kind of irritate me. Sure, I'm super happy with my ticket location and the experience was good, I just want to know what the extra $150 was for on the five tickets I bought.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    http://www.redrocksonline.com/events...ine-inch-nails

It does look like they were indeed charging fees. The official list price is $79.50 - $125, but if you scroll down to the FAQ part there's mention of prices being $101.35 - $152.15 with an additional $5 extra per order for hard tickets. :/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The only delivery option for tickets in Rows 1-7 are non-transferable Flash Seats. I was told on Sunday that my tickets would be delivered to my Flash Seats account on Monday, but they still haven't shown up as of yet. The charge on my CC is still pending too. Has anyone else that got tickets in the first 7 rows had their tickets delivered yet? I'm getting a little anxious about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    The only delivery option for tickets in Rows 1-7 are non-transferable Flash Seats. I was told on Sunday that my tickets would be delivered to my Flash Seats account on Monday, but they still haven't shown up as of yet. The charge on my CC is still pending too. Has anyone else that got tickets in the first 7 rows had their tickets delivered yet? I'm getting a little anxious about it.
    I’m wondering the same thing, as I scored tix in row 4 for night 1 & row 2 for night 2. The ‘physical world’ tix I received after paying with cash were printed on the spot & look to be the actual, official tix used for entry; there’s nothing remarkable about these tickets, as they’re on regular ticket paper stock and look just like any other ticket for an AXS promoted event. Surprisingly my name isn’t printed on the tix and I’ve yet to see anything in my flash seats account, nor any email confirmation whatsoever. It’s strange but since I have hard tix & a receipt, I suppose I shouldn’t be that concerned.
    Last edited by nothing; 05-22-2018 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothing View Post
    I’m wondering the same thing, as I scored tix in row 4 for night 1 & row 2 for night 2. The ‘physical world’ tix I received after paying with cash were printed on the spot & look to be the actual, official tix used for entry; there’s nothing remarkable about these tickets, as they’re on regular ticket paper stock and look just like any other ticket for an AXS promoted event. Surprisingly my name isn’t printed on the tix and I’ve yet to see anything in my flash seats account, nor any email confirmation whatsoever. It’s strange but since I have hard tix & a receipt, I suppose I shouldn’t be that concerned.
    The hard tickets are just a commemorative type of thing. Those aren't for entry at all, it was just so you could walk away from the onsale with something in your hand. I wish I would've asked for a receipt, or some sort of confirmation of seat location. Especially considering remaining tickets go online this Thursday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    The hard tickets are just a commemorative type of thing. Those aren't for entry at all, it was just so you could walk away from the onsale with something in your hand. I wish I would've asked for a receipt, or some sort of confirmation of seat location. Especially considering remaining tickets go online this Thursday.
    That’s what we were led to believe and likely still is the case. However, with no email or name verification at the ticket window, no email confirmation received and nothing at all tying this order to my flash seats account, I’m wondering what gives. These tickets have bar codes and everything else you’d see on a normal ticket. With nothing to differentiate these from any other tix it makes me wonder if the ‘non-transferrable’ tag is merely to discourage scalpers from buying the best tix. Time will tell.

I actually wish these were more of a commemorative ticket; the ones we got from the spiral/nin.com presales we’re always really cool, plus having the names printed made them unique. I have mine framed with each respective tour poster and they look so much better than the regular/generic tix for all other events.
    Last edited by nothing; 05-22-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Got my ticket. I’ve been wanting to see a show here for so long. Can’t fucking wait.

Last edited by Bachy; 05-24-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    yes tickets for both nights with friends, this will be my first trip to red rocks!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Got a single GA ticket for the second show. Idc if that means I’m not close, I finally get to cross NIN at Red rocks off my bucket list

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    After missing out on Chicago, I managed to get a GA ticket for each night at Red Rocks. SEE Y'ALL THERE!!

Side note and friendly tip to anyone else with GA tickets - DONT MAKE MY PAST MISTAKE. GET THERE AS EARLY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT A GOOD GA SPOT.
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-24-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    After missing out on Chicago, I managed to get a GA ticket for each night at Red Rocks. SEE Y'ALL THERE!!

Side note and friendly tip to anyone else with GA tickets - DONT MAKE MY PAST MISTAKE. GET THERE AS EARLY AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE IF YOU WANT A GOOD GA SPOT.
    How exactly does GA work at Red Rocks?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Someone else may be able to give a better answer than I can, but the short answer I think is a few rows (5-10 ish?) in the middle-front area and then row 60 and up or something like that. And of course standing room on either side of the seated area. I believe it varies a little from show to show, too.

Edit: Ignore me, they got it. VVVV
    Last edited by ImTheWiseJanitor; 05-24-2018 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Row 48-69 is GA

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    Someone else may be able to give a better answer than I can, but the short answer I think is a few rows (5-10 ish?) in the middle-front area and then row 60 and up or something like that. And of course standing room on either side of the seated area. I believe it varies a little from show to show, too.
    There are different seating configurations at Red Rocks that artists can choose. One configuration has GA at the back and another GA section kind of towards the front. The NIN shows are not like that. Like HighPlainsDrifter said, GA for NIN is row 48 to the end. Everything in front of that is reserved seating only.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’ve never seen a GA section at the front, it’s always at the back 1/3rd or so. There’s no room for GA in the front. You can actually go to Red Rocks during an off day and walk up on the stage. There’s nothing in the front but room for security and the “seating” is fixed.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Just a heads-up if someone ends up trying to sell off a ticket for the 19th, I'm interested, and plan on checking Stubhub and such like a week before and a few days before for a "just take it" cheap ticket, but if a decent one comes up before that I'll probably hop on that too. I just feel like driving 22+ hours each way for only one night is a waste of potential, but because of how much I'll need for gas I can't justify another $150-$100 ticket, and feel like if I'm as far back as the more reasonably priced seats are I won't be as into it.
    A long way away, just something I wanted to mention. Haven't even planned when I'm traveling for it yet.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    There are different seating configurations at Red Rocks that artists can choose.
    This is accurate. I've seen close to 100 shows there and it's different every time. I'm seeing a couple of other shows there this summer other than Nine Inch Nails, and both of those have the GA sections from Rows 3-32. Really just depends on the show, which always causes a fair amount of stress when getting tickets because it's never the same.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I’ve never seen a GA section at the front, it’s always at the back 1/3rd or so. There’s no room for GA in the front. You can actually go to Red Rocks during an off day and walk up on the stage. There’s nothing in the front but room for security and the “seating” is fixed.
    Check out the seating configuration for this show, with GA in the back and the front, and reserved in the middle (and the very front rows):

https://www.axs.com/events/349514/ween-tickets

The other common one I've seen is where the first few rows are reserved and then the rest of the venue is GA.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    The only thing that led me to think there may be a front-ish GA area is that Gorillaz had one at their show. There was a narrow strip of seats a few rows up from the front (like row 10, not FRONT front) that were GA, and then the rest were kept in the 60s. But I've only seen the one show there, and also haven't seen the seating arrangement for these particular shows, so I wouldn't know, heh.

My real problem was getting there about 20 minutes to showtime and parking was an absolute cluster fuck. I hadn't realized how problematic parking would be in the mountains. Gee, who knew? ^^' At least it was free.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    @ImTheWiseJanitor did you get tickets after all?
    @TheBang did you find tickets yet? (again, i am SO, SO fucking sorry man)