Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2018.10.19-20 Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    They are giving out wristbands and having people wait in the theater. I’m 171, and got here about 7ish

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    6:45 and I’m 140th. Um. Guys. There’s a table here...you can listen to Bad Witch, in its entirety.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    They have location-specific physical world shirts and posters. The posters are limited and numbered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Were those goodies at the tables right when we came in? looked like just radio stations when we passed

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klang View Post
    Were those goodies at the tables right when we came in? looked like just radio stations when we passed
    Yes, first table right be the entrance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    The radio station is playing appropriate music and it’s not too loud where I am. But they also have a large cut-out head of Trent they want you to pose with along with their logo...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Spoilers below, if you’re sensitive about finding out what’s happening inside the Wang right now.

The merch table comes first, once you’re through the vestibule. Then there’s two radio station tables. You’ve got to loop the mezzanine, come back down the stairs, and opposite the radio stations is a nondescript table with a black box on it and a bunch of headphones. I only listened to a few tracks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers for the info guys- snagged a poster for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Are the tracks you listened to similar to the single? I'm tempted to give it a listen, but part me wants to wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIMinal View Post
    Are the tracks you listened to similar to the single? I'm tempted to give it a listen, but part me wants to wait.
    Yes, and no. What I heard sounded like Not The Actual Events, there was also another song with some sax. I’m happy to wait for the rest though.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRIMinal View Post
    The two tracks are Spoiler: Ahead of Ourselves and Play the Goddamned Part.

More sax on one, reminds me a bit of QOTSA’s I Think I Lost My Headache. The other one is really aggressive and loud. Super excited for this album!

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Also, the box is full on Vinyl Manifesto. It’s a sealed box with a record player with the vinyl of the album. The EQ was preset by Trent, and the rep had to set it up using a cryptic set of instructions. But you absolutely stand there, with the record playing on a good set of headphones, hearing it how Trent wants you to, and it’s a pretty great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Shit, this line is slow. I figured they could probably serve folks a little faster than this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am so excited to hear the new tracks.

Just got got into the theater—I got here at 8:05 and am #642. What the hell. Even worse, they've been selling tickets for over an hour and yet are somehow only on #100. We're gonna be here a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Once you get up the stairs to start looping the mezzanine there's a few chairs and couches. Nice to sit for a little anyway

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Doing the math, I should be out of here by around 6pm! Whoopee!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If anyone has 2 extra tickets to either night I’d be happy to take them off of your hands.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I was #98 in line. Got out of there at 11:45. Third row both nights! The line is still insane. I have a hard time believing they're going to be able to serve everyone there today, at the rate they went. That's a rate of just over one person per minute for the 97 people ahead of me. Although they opened a fourth window just before I got my tickets, and it did feel like they were speeding up. But there were 600 more people in the building and the line still stretched out and around the block.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    On the way home now, but I had to pull over for some tea. 2nd row pit on Friday, 4th row mezzanine on Saturday. So damn excited and worth the 5 1/2 hours in line.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yessss

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well that was interesting. Glad we got there somewhat early, about 5 minutes before 7:00 am. We ended up with 1st row mezzanine for Friday and 5th row main floor for Saturday. Very pleased with that! But gosh that line was slow.

I listened to both new tracks they had available on the black box thingy, which was set up just ahead of where we were standing in line. Really like what I have heard so far from the new EP/LP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The bottleneck here is time. They dont have the setup to sell the demand.. its taken waaay too long to process 300 people.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    As it turns out, the most memorable part of today will not be standing in line for five hours or the exhilaration of finally getting tickets. Instead I will mostly remember the homeless man standing five feet from me on the subway ride back to my car, smearing shit all over the place.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinz View Post
    The bottleneck here is time. They dont have the setup to sell the demand.. its taken waaay too long to process 300 people.
    You're kidding. Had they just gotten to 300 when you posted that?!

Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    As it turns out, the most memorable part of today will not be standing in line for five hours or the exhilaration of finally getting tickets. Instead I will mostly remember the homeless man standing five feet from me on the subway ride back to my car, smearing shit all over the place.
    ...Oh. Oh dear.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Well, Trent did promise that it could suck in a different way.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slammy79 View Post
    Well, Trent did promise that it could suck in a different way.
    This certainly followed through.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Edit: #386 is at the ticket window. My 6pm prediction seems to be holding true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    You're kidding. Had they just gotten to 300 when you posted that?!

...Oh. Oh dear.
    Yep there abouts at the time. And theres a show tonight at the venue. They cant process in time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Looks like they packed up the black box before we got there. NOW I'm irked.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spinz View Post
    And theres a show tonight at the venue. They cant process in time.
    You sure about that? Nothing listed on their schedule.