Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 123

Thread: 2018.10.19-20 Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Laughingstock of the World (America)
    Posts
    2,907
    Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Seated theater show, huh? Hello, quiet evening with NIN.

    Of course, I'm only kidding. Right?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malamoney View Post
    I am really hoping they put the buyer's name on the tickets and require identification to enter.
    I don't see this happening. It would have been advertised by now.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    RI
    Posts
    162
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Lots of phone calls, eh? I'm soooo looking forward to this lol. I'll be glad when this is over.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    The direct event page is here, which includes some additional logistics information: http://www.bochcenter.org/buy/show-l...ine-inch-nails. 92.9 FM is going to be there playing music while we wait in the rain.. fun times.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas --> Boston
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    The direct event page is here, which includes some additional logistics information: http://www.bochcenter.org/buy/show-l...ine-inch-nails. 92.9 FM is going to be there playing music while we wait in the rain.. fun times.
    Nice; good find! Where do you see the thing about 92.9 FM though? It says "There will be a DJ to provide music during the presale." That DJ better just play the entire NIN discography, halo by halo.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    Nice; good find! Where do you see the thing about 92.9 FM though? It says "There will be a DJ to provide music during the presale." That DJ better just play the entire NIN discography, halo by halo.
    The one time I happened to turn the radio in forever I heard a spot for it: http://alt929boston.com/event/nine-i...re-sale-event/

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Radio stations getting tickets while we all have to wait is total bullshit. They better have mid to shitty seats...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It’s been ages since I had to line up for tickets to a concert. My current plan is to be there by 7am to scope out the area. DD opens at 6am so that seems like a good place to linger for awhile. It’s right around the corner from the Wang Theater. Weather forecast says chilly with drizzle, so rain gear seems wise. This will be my first NIN concert, very excited!


    -z-

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I'm going via the MBTA, which opens around 6:00 am, so I hope to be there by 7:30-ish. It's a nice theatre and bigger than the Orpheum, where they played in 2005--sold out in about five minutes, but that was via ticketbastard where you could get tix at any chain.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klang View Post
    I can also confirm no GA- I emailed the theater to ask about it and this was their response:

    "Hi Katie –
    Nine Inch Nails at the Wang Theatre will be a seated only concert, no general admission area. I hope you enjoy the show and your first time at the Wang Theatre!"
    The only way to have GA would be to remove the seats that are bolted to the floor.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    The only way to have GA would be to remove the seats that are bolted to the floor.
    The orchestra pit can be GA. It's a temporary floor with removable seats. Some shows at the Wang leave that as GA. This one will not.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The orchestra pit can be GA. It's a temporary floor with removable seats. Some shows at the Wang leave that as GA. This one will not.
    Yeah? I didn't know that. Saw Alice Cooper and Book of Mormon there, just assumed it was always assigned seating.

    How long do you expect the line to be by 8-ish? Haven't done this kind of thing since Clinton was in office.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas --> Boston
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I was planning on getting there around 10am, but are that many people actually gonna line up as early as possible? If I just want decent tickets (i.e. don't wanna shell out hundreds for front-row seats), coming at 8am is overkill, right?

    </looking for excuses to sleep in>

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    I was planning on getting there around 10am, but are that many people actually gonna line up as early as possible? If I just want decent tickets (i.e. don't wanna shell out hundreds for front-row seats), coming at 8am is overkill, right?

    </looking for excuses to sleep in>
    I'd get there before 10am. Not sure how much, but if you just want decent seats, I can't imagine that wouldn't be possible...

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TinDefacto View Post
    I was planning on getting there around 10am, but are that many people actually gonna line up as early as possible? If I just want decent tickets (i.e. don't wanna shell out hundreds for front-row seats), coming at 8am is overkill, right?

    </looking for excuses to sleep in>
    Math time! The Wang theatre has 3500 seats. Let's assume all 3500 are up for grabs and that 100 are held back for friends of the band, radio promos, and ADA/other sales. If there are 3400 tickets available per show, and everyone bought the maximum allowance, you'd have to be one of the first 850 people in line. Pretty sure that many aren't going to buy max for both shows, so that number creeps up. If they all bought 2 per show you'd get to 1700 people in line. You can decide on when to get there based on how many people you think will be in line by a certain time and how many tickets per person per show they will want. I have no idea what kind of crowd this is going to attract, so getting in line at 10 might be just fine (though you'll still have to wait for everyone else already in line to buy their tickets).

    Personally, I was aiming to be there around 7-7:30ish, but that's because I want a shot at some of the closer seats.

  16. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    22
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Math time! The Wang theatre has 3500 seats. Let's assume all 3500 are up for grabs and that 100 are held back for friends of the band, radio promos, and ADA/other sales. If there are 3400 tickets available per show, and everyone bought the maximum allowance, you'd have to be one of the first 850 people in line. Pretty sure that many aren't going to buy max for both shows, so that number creeps up. If they all bought 2 per show you'd get to 1700 people in line. You can decide on when to get there based on how many people you think will be in line by a certain time and how many tickets per person per show they will want. I have no idea what kind of crowd this is going to attract, so getting in line at 10 might be just fine (though you'll still have to wait for everyone else already in line to buy their tickets).

    Personally, I was aiming to be there around 7-7:30ish, but that's because I want a shot at some of the closer seats.
    I'd say 7-7:30 would be the right time to get good seats. My only concern is the influx of scalpers (and their friends)...

  17. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    24.24.1.384
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by malamoney View Post
    I'd say 7-7:30 would be the right time to get good seats. My only concern is the influx of scalpers (and their friends)...
    Scalpers are definitely a concern. Not sure how early they will be willing to get there.

  18. #48
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be there tomorrow. I'm the one with short navy blue hair wearing the dissonance shirt.

    Likely getting to the area around 6:45-7:00. Is there an ETS bat signal?

  19. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zaps30 View Post
    So, what the cheapest / best parking there? Tufts seems like the most convenient, but it's likely to be around $30.

    https://www.tuftsmedicalcenter.org/A...s-Maps/Parking

    I'm planning to park in the Tufts garage, but it might be slightly cheaper to park at one of the garages around the corner on Stuart Street. Those are 4-5 min walk from the theater.

  20. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    It’s been ages since I had to line up for tickets to a concert. My current plan is to be there by 7am to scope out the area. DD opens at 6am so that seems like a good place to linger for awhile. It’s right around the corner from the Wang Theater. Weather forecast says chilly with drizzle, so rain gear seems wise. This will be my first NIN concert, very excited!


    -z-
    Yup. That DD is my first stop after parking tomorrow. See you in roughly 7 hours!

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,800
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    I'm glad that the Longfellow Bridge will be open. Otherwise it's a huge pain in the ass to take the shuttle--an extra 30 to 45 minutes.

  22. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    123
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I could get seats in New Orleans, both nights. Willing to trade (2 tix) for same (2 tix) in Boston. Can trade in person in Vegas, if you'll be there.
    Last edited by sinspots; 05-21-2018 at 05:56 PM.

  23. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Stowe, VT
    Posts
    547
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just arrived. Approximately 100 people ahead of me.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    425
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Just arrived. Approximately 100 people ahead of me.
    Just got here as well. I’m on the steps behind the theatre. Definitely wouldn’t wait until 10. Good to see a lot of NIN-related attire in the line.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Just arrived. Approximately 100 people ahead of me.
    Ugh. Will be getting there in about 30 mins...

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas --> Boston
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Math time!
    I like you.

    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Just arrived. Approximately 100 people ahead of me.
    That is not fair. I'll be on my way shortly. I guess at this point I just hope I'm out of there by noon when the rain's supposed to hit...

  27. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The line is stupid long already.

  28. #58
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Worcester, MA
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgalbraith View Post
    Just got here as well. I’m on the steps behind the theatre. Definitely wouldn’t wait until 10. Good to see a lot of NIN-related attire in the line.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *waves* I’m near the stage doors, near a tall gentleman in a flannel.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just arrived... OMG line is stupidly long... Hahaha

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dallas --> Boston
    Posts
    133
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is ABSURD. I was like oh, this doesn't seem too bad, then followed the line to find the end... and kept following... and kept following... I suck at estimates but it feels like there may be near 1000 people here, no?

Posting Permissions