Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The feminism/equality thread

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The feminism/equality thread

Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    @allegro; @Fixer808: You don't want any children as of now,
    I'm older than Trent Reznor. I'm female. Game over.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-22-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'm older than Trent Reznor. I'm female. Game over.
    Well, you are not the first and certainly not the last. If I might inquire (and this has nothing to do with this thread or topic), why did you choose this? Career, couldn't have one, or something else?

Also, this board really needs a displayable gender feature, just saying.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

I'm abnormal. <---sarcasm

As a feminist, I'm happy to say that I don't feel compelled to answer that question, mostly because I don't really know LOL.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-22-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Last edited by allegro; 03-22-2014 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I hate when people say shit like "it's not too late to change your mind" when I discuss not having/wanting children. I've been telling everyone since I was about 8 that I would a) never get married, and b) never have children. I have never had a desire for either of these things. I'm almost 30 years old, and people still ask me this shit. I know what I want out of my life. And arranging my life around a needy, loud, little person is not it at all.

My vagina doesn't exist to only shit out kids. There are tons of other cool things it can do. Not wanting children doesn't make someone less of a person, or whatever the fuck.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Ahaha, that Forbes article literally made my head hurt. Only in the USA (I'm sorry) can you get away with such a stupid analogy that cowboy pistol --> high school shooting = pink nail polish > cowboy pistoy.

I'm not even surprised both of these articles are from women, feeding a stereotype feminist are fighting against. Funny that Katie judges the male author without hesitation, and calls people who do not agree with the pink nail polishing Gender Police who live in a dark cave. Did she even realise she just pissed on her own face with that attitude? I also like how dramatic she gets.

You know what I'm wondering about? If women, who are turned on by manly things, or things that are pretty much stereotypes for males (so basically most of the girls) would hear about their "sisters" who'd like to encourage us, to be brave and polish our nails pink if we'd like to, there would be an amazing chick fight. Thank god we men would never encourage not wearing yoga pants or doing breast down-sizing.

Anyway, Sam was fucking 5 years old, so he obviously knew his shit. He was a pre-schooler damn it, that's almost like a schooler. 8 more years and he had become a teenager.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    I hate when people say shit like "it's not too late to change your mind" when I discuss not having/wanting children. I've been telling everyone since I was about 8 that I would a) never get married, and b) never have children. I have never had a desire for either of these things. I'm almost 30 years old, and people still ask me this shit. I know what I want out of my life. And arranging my life around a needy, loud, little person is not it at all.
    Well, Sam was 5 when he decided he absolutely wants pink nail polish, so I guess if you decided as an 8 years old that you don't want a baby, you shouldn't have been questioned after that. And now you are (I assume) 28 or 29 years old, which means you are still quite young, but you ruled out the chance of meeting with THE ONE, and changing your mind.

Is it just my country where the average life expectency is around 70 years, or what? 5 years old, 8 years old, ALMOST 30 - like any of those ages are backing up the pro-arguement they appear in. You make me wonder if I should write my last will.

In any case, it's perfectly fine if you won't have a child, but you still have a shitload of time, so yeah.

Edit: you could always enlighten us about the skills of your vagina. For feminism, of course.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I never said anything about meeting "the one". Love and commitment can and do exist outside of marriage. I'm not anti-love or anti-relationship. I'm just anti-marriage... for myself. But I believe that everyone else should have the option if they choose.

Not everyone is meant to be a parent. Instead of questioning the reasoning behind it, you should be thankful that people are able to recognize that they don't want to have children. Telling people that they "have time to change their mind" is pretty rude and disrespectful.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I never said anything about meeting "the one". Love and commitment can and do exist outside of marriage. I'm not anti-love or anti-relationship. I'm just anti-marriage... for myself. But I believe that everyone else should have the option if they choose.

Not everyone is meant to be a parent. Instead of questioning the reasoning behind it, you should be thankful that people are able to recognize that they don't want to have children. Telling people that they "have time to change their mind" is pretty rude and disrespectful.
    I mean the one could change your mind. You'd look at the matter as having a child with him, and not just having a child. You don't have to be married either.

Don't say "meant to be", nothing is pre-destined. I recognize that you don't want a children now, but little do I or you know about X years from now, when you possibly have the time of your life with the greatest person ever. When I said you have time, I did not imply that you SHOULD change your mind, I simply made you aware of the fact that you are not even 30 years old, so there's still many many things to come and go in your life.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    We really need to get to a point in our society where saying "You'll change your mind." to someone about their choice to have children is considered to be just as rude as it is to say it to someone about them being gay/straight.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Well, I never said such a thing.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Didn't say you did, it's just something us child-free people, especially women, hear a lot.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I would not get serious with someone who desired children. It would be a deal breaker for me.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I am in a serious relationship with someone who wants children and it's why we know our relationship is guaranteed to end at some point. Not fun.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Well, I never said such a thing.
    You said EXACTLY that thing:
    You don't want any children as of now, you could never know if it will kick in or not. You are not aware of your survival instincts either. You might fantasize about suicide, then in the next moment, when someone is choking you, you turn into an animal, who tries everything to survive. It's coded in you. I don't know how old you are, but unless you are 50, you could always change your mind.
    Basically, you said "Sorry, I think this is how genetics works". Plus, what do survival instincts and suicidal fantasies have to do with it?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    You said EXACTLY that thing:

Basically, you said "Sorry, I think this is how genetics works". Plus, what do survival instincts and suicidal fantasies have to do with it?
    No, that's what you read out of it, or I just phrased it badly. You DO have time to change your mind, do you not? Whether you should or not, I did not say.

And I brought up survival instincts because it's like the urge for reproduction, coded into us. Even if you think you might want to die, as soon as someone really puts you to the test (by choking you, for example), the animal inside of you (who wants to live, eat and reproduce) gets unleashed, and try to force your body to defend yourself at ALL cost. Even if a woman is choking you, you might kill her, because no matter what you were taught about hurting women, when your life is at risk, your animal part gives 0 fucks.*

Reproduction is somewhat different, because it never really gets unleashed (though you always hear about older men and women panicking when they are still alone), it's just there, howewer society made its' mark on it. Back in the days, when we were hunting and women were gathering stuff (sexist elders btw) it was much simpler. Women were not chatting about not wanting babies, believe me. In today's world howewer, there's a lot to look out for. Can you even sustain yourself? Isn't it interfeering with your career? Etc.

*There is an interesting relationship howewer when survivalism (hah!) and wanting to fuck your loved one like an animal (without any protection) meets. The former feels much stronger in your every day life, but you would be willing to sacrifice your life while defending your family. I just love the beast in all of us

Yes, this is how genetics works, but you always have your free will. You can let yourself to be choked and you can refuse to have children. At the end of the day, you are not forced to do anything, but "normally" people don't want to die and eventually want a family.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The urge for reproduction is not encoded in us. What kind of hillbilly talk is this?

I feel like you're trolling at this point. Either that, or you're like 80. You seen extremely concerned about what you view as "normal". It's gross.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well, Sam was 5 when he decided he absolutely wants pink nail polish
    No, Sam wanted the pink ballet flats, not the pink nail polish.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I feel like you're trolling at this point. Either that, or you're like 80. You seen extremely concerned about what you view as "normal". It's gross.
    He's pretty normal, I get the same shit here in the U.S. all the time. "Who's gonna TAKE CARE OF YOU WHEN YOU'RE OLD?"

By the way, we do have a child free thread dedicated just to the topic of people who don't want to have children or get married or whatever, so that we don't drift this thread thank you very much
    Last edited by allegro; 03-22-2014 at 09:40 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Guys, why can't we be like bonobos and just live in an open commune and masturbate to relieve tension? OH GAWD I JUST COMPARED US TO MONKEYS.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    What about the homosexual bonobos? Have they all died out yet?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Oh, God, this train has officially derailed.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Did somebody say something about running a train?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Giiiiiiirl!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    A train full of masturbating feminist homosexual bonobos with pink toenails.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    You can't act like it is normal!!!/!/!/

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Did somebody say something about running a train?

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Damn it. I was gonna go to bed. Now I have to dance.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Man, you know what the best part about being a queer feminist child free gender variant nail polish wearing bonobo is? It's just so fun.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Am I cool enough to be part of the train? I'm a male feminist with an autistic 5yo son who likes to paint his toenails with his mother's nail polish, has no trouble making friends and gets along with classmates whose first languages are 50/50 between English and Spanish. I'm basically Volband's worst nightmare.
    Last edited by Aladdinsanity; 03-23-2014 at 12:34 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I think you're a welcome addition to our train.