Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Fragile : An Ultimate Edition (fan compilation)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @katara

I've been thinking about this, and you may be very well right. It's still called "The New Flesh" alt version so it doesn't fit with the limits I put myself on this, but that makes sense.

The Fragile is filled with repeating motifs, tracks being meddled with others, bits and pieces stuck together, so in the end it may be appropriate to put all the alt versions if they are different enough..

@somethingelse

Always love to see people put their own version out there : )

@Scramasax

Hope you like it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just want to post this, wow, this is fucking amazing.

Great job

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There has been quite a bit of discussion over what tracks should be included in one of these "The Fragile Complete" compilations over the years, and I think it's actually part of the concept of the album that you want to put them all together, but there isn't a perfect way to do it. We "try so hard to make the pieces all fit"... Trent "smash[ed] it apart, just for the f*ck of it". It's a purposely broken album, which is part of what makes it so flawless.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Strohbie View Post
    There has been quite a bit of discussion over what tracks should be included in one of these "The Fragile Complete" compilations over the years, and I think it's actually part of the concept of the album that you want to put them all together, but there isn't a perfect way to do it. We "try so hard to make the pieces all fit"... Trent "smash[ed] it apart, just for the f*ck of it". It's a purposely broken album, which is part of what makes it so flawless.
    yeah I love it, it's almost made to be put apart and rebuilt

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    As soon as it came out, people were making 1CD versions. Then, when the Fragility Tour Program came out, there was a couple of alternate track lists in there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I love the earlier stuff, with the drum and bass feel that Perfect Drug had going too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I love this version!! Nice work!!!
    Where did you get the original Fragile songs from? I love the extended songs on
    01. Somewhat Damaged (Definitive Edition + Deviations 1) - 5:20
    02. The Day The World Went Away (Definitive Edition) - 5:04
    03. The Frail (Definitive Edition) - 1:54
    04. The Wretched?

You said something about New Orleans? Did Trent redo the Fragile and I can not find it? I have found the "The Fragile (2017 Definitive Edition)" but it does not have these extend songs in it.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I wish there was a way to get a deluxe edition of the fragile put together with nice artwork and cool packaging.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    thank you

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Does anybody have a link to this anymore? The torrent is dead and...well to be truthful I'm too lazy to try to put something like this together myself out of all the tracks I already have lying around.
    EDIT: never mind, just saw the mega link. that works just fine.
    Last edited by GentlemanLoser; 05-03-2021 at 06:14 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    I'm still looking for the quote, but in the meantime this bit from Into the Void's ninwiki page is probably closest to the truth:

http://www.nin.wiki/Into_The_Void_(song)
    Three years later...I did find the quote- searching for it for a week now, after digging through ets for more info from when I heard there was a 9 minute version of into the void. (I want to make my own blend of ITV and SA as it could have existed then) So here is the quote translated to English from that page:
    Do you have a personal favorite?I've always liked slipping away. We recorded it at the same time as 'Into The Void', just kept playing. It could have gone on for an hour and a half... I remember so well because this was one of the periods where we really had fun.
    http://www.nin-pages.de/2001_Metal_Hammer_Februar.htm