Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music--90's edition

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Shitty Music--90's edition

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    used to make fun of my sister when we were kids about her obsession with the spice girls. secretly had a crush on all of them. can now appreciate the catchiness of their music. I remember that salt n pepa song, and that wilson phillips song is great too haha.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    How can you talk about 90s music w/o mentioning that no-talent ass-clown Michael Bolton? I hear every time someone calls him a "no-talent ass-clown", he winces.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    How can you talk about 90s music w/o mentioning that no-talent ass-clown Michael Bolton? I hear every time someone calls him a "no-talent ass-clown", he winces.
    As awful as 90's Bolton is:

It's slightly less horrible than 80's Bolton:

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yeah but it's still shit. He'll just make any kind of music terrible.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Wait what's wrong with Spin Doctors? I thought that first album was pretty decent

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Let's just get this out of the way.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Wait what's wrong with Spin Doctors? I thought that first album was pretty decent
    One of the first bands I ever hated...

Also, I don't know what that Red Nex band is @BRoswell , but holy shit was my life better before I clicked that video...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Let's just get this out of the way.

Never heard this before. Dance music meets Country, two genres I really don't care for. I couldn't get through 30 seconds of that.
    Let's not forget this gem:

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Also, I don't know what that Red Nex band is @BRoswell, but holy shit was my life better before I clicked that video...
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Never heard this before. Dance music meets Country, two genres I really don't care for. I couldn't get through 30 seconds of that.
    I used to do wedding videography, and I swear to god, every other reception I shot had that song playing. I have a seething hatred for that song.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    it's a fucking terrible song... like it was written on a dare to make the most obnoxious thing ever...

I wonder which came first, chicken or egg?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Fuck Eve 6

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    We can probably run this thread til the end of time, but how is Salt N Pepa’s Lets Talk About Sex “shitty”?

EDIT: and I know Creed is going to show up in this thread, deservedly so, but My Own Prison was a decent album.
    Last edited by Krazy; 04-15-2018 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    We can probably run this thread til the end of time, but how is Salt N Pepa’s Lets Talk About Sex “shitty”?

EDIT: and I know Creed is going to show up in this thread, deservedly so, but My Own Prison was a decent album.
    The first two Creed albums are solid. Derivative and overwrought? Yes, but still good, well-written post-grunge.

That Salt-n-Pepa song is just kind of goofy.

How could I possibly forget:
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-15-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    No, Crud was always crap. I remember that song "Once" sounded like bland PJ and "What If" was a total rip-off of STP's "Wicked Garden". Scott Stapp is a fucking chode. When he dies, I will happily take a shit on his tombstone.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Anyone involved with the Macarena song and Sugar Ray should be shot into the sun. And the blow up of boy bands later in the decade = ugh. Fuck Ricky Martin too.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    this thread is awesome. my first concert was michael bolton, my second was amy grant (with backstage passes). the 90's were great even when they were awful.

on topic, shit i remember hating: mariah carey (who is actually awesome, but among my friends you were either a janet or a mariah fan), bone thugs n harmony, mighty mighty bosstones, puff daddy ...
    Last edited by kel; 04-15-2018 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Dogshit band.

Counting Crows sucks ass as well.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Dogshit band.

Counting Crows sucks ass as well.
    Thank you! I never understood what was so great about Counting Crows.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Thank you! I never understood what was so great about Counting Crows.
    Throw in 4 Non Blonds and we have a shit trifecta.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-15-2018 at 10:43 PM. Reason: can't count typo

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Throw in 3 Non Blonds and we have a shit trifecta.
    AMEN!!!! I really hate "What's Up?" after hearing it about the 100th time and I hated 4 Non Blondes even more when they did that blasphemous cover of "Misty Mountain Hop" for that Led Zeppelin tribute album. If you think hearing "What's Up?" is bad by them, then you haven't heard the mariachi version. I remember hearing it on some show on Telemundo or Univision that mother was watching and she loathes mariachi music and I was like "I know this song" and after 30 seconds, I realized "oh fuck!"

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I heard a dance remix of "What's Up?" and I... didn't know what feelings to even have about that. However, I think that song is good for those times when you're with your friends and you just sing it loudly and annoyingly on purpose for laughs.

P.S. I still like those hits that Salt-N-Pepa had, like "Shoop" and "Push It" and what have you. Still kinda fun.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    bone thugs n harmony..
    OK, I’m fully aware that people’s tastes will vary when it comes to music. Even “shitty” music can be be a fine line of interpretation. But Bone being called shitty boggles my mind. O_O

Re: Counting Crows- there was August And Everything After (considered a good album), then unfortunately everything else. I like a lot of tunes of that album.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    As much as I fucking hate the way Adam Duritz sings, there were a couple of great songs on August And Everything After. "Round Here" is inextricably linked to my memories of junior high.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    I heard a dance remix of "What's Up?" and I... didn't know what feelings to even have about that. However, I think that song is good for those times when you're with your friends and you just sing it loudly and annoyingly on purpose for laughs.

P.S. I still like those hits that Salt-N-Pepa had, like "Shoop" and "Push It" and what have you. Still kinda fun.
    Yeah. I mean, several of the songs I and others have posted here I think are bad, but still kind of fun. And they really bring back a lot of memories.

I love how The New Kids try to look all hard-core in this video, with the motorcycle, leather hat and Public Enemy shirt:

Not really a hit, but:

Just remember to avoid those caffeine pills:

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Meh, i like most of the songs posted here, of course there were a lot of "bad" music but at least some of it was fun and that kind of music didn't "aspire" to be nothing more than "feelgood" pop.

Pop today takes itself so seriously and doesn't have much replay value, not even to make fun of it...

Did we really need another "Shitty music thread"? seriously

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    No, Crud was always crap. I remember that song "Once" sounded like bland PJ and "What If" was a total rip-off of STP's "Wicked Garden". Scott Stapp is a fucking chode. When he dies, I will happily take a shit on his tombstone.
    The fuck is wrong with you?.....also once....is a PJ song
    ..also What If sounds nothing like Wicked Garden

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Good god, Ween shouldn’t be talking about shitty songs. That Pushing Daisies song might be the most steamiest of turds to reach 90’s alternative radio/MTV.