Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Shitty Music--90's edition

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Good god, Ween shouldn’t be talking about shitty songs. That Pushing Daisies song might be the most steamiest of turds to reach 90’s alternative radio/MTV.
    Ween are fucking awesome. Also, Dean Ween is one of the most under-sung virtuoso guitarists of all time.

Push the Little Daisies was intended to be kind of eerie and annoying in an unsettling way... I'd say it worked. Not my favorite Ween track, but they've basically dabbled in a billion different genres.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I love Push the Little Daisies. It's such a fucked-up song. And Crud is still shit. There is no sincerity about what Scott Stapp sings as Crud is epitome of water-down bullshit post-grunge rock at its worst until the arrival of Nickelturd.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I love Push the Little Daisies. It's such a fucked-up song. And Crud is still shit. There is no sincerity about what Scott Stapp sings as Crud is epitome of water-down bullshit post-grunge rock at its worst until the arrival of Nickelturd.
    Yup...Scott obviously didn't really mean anything he said about With arms wide open, a song he wrote when he found out he was gonna be a father.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    Yup...Scott obviously didn't really mean anything he said about With arms wide open, a song he wrote when he found out he was gonna be a father.
    Wow.... and it's still a shitty song about becoming a father. Why do you have to defend every shitty band that just plain fucking sucks?

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    A shitty song about becoming a father is still a shitty song about becoming a father. Ya dig?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Push the Little Daisies was intended to be annoying.
    That it was.

EDIT: I just played it on YT. My wife told me “turn that shit off, and make it stop. That’s fucking awful whatever it is.” Lol.
    Last edited by Krazy; 04-16-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    A shitty song about becoming a father is still a shitty song about becoming a father. Ya dig?
    I dont ever remember saying it was a good song.

And to answer your question Void....i have high tolerance to music people find shit apparently. I honestly don't have a problem with it.

That's my opinion. You don't have to like it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I dont ever remember saying it was a good song.

And to answer your question Void....i have high tolerance to music people find shit apparently. I honestly don't have a problem with it.

That's my opinion. You don't have to like it.
    but you're so ride or die for everything it gets kind of exhausting trying to discuss anything with you. i think that's what people are getting at.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I know this is a drift moment, because it's not a 90s song, but it's about becoming a father, and it is so bad it's hilarious

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Wait what's wrong with Spin Doctors? I thought that first album was pretty decent
    it wasn't decent. it was fucking awesome.

Same goes for Salt N Peppa.

also, i'm with @Krazy and i'll go one further. Bone's E.1999 is in my top ten. i think a lot of people who think they hate bone only know the SECOND version of Crossroads, which is NOTHING like anything else on that record. Bone goes hard as fuck. it's psuedo satanic and they invented their own style, which was blatantly ripped off by Three Six Mafia.

Furthermore, that first Counting Crows album is one of my favorite records of all time.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-16-2018 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    but you're so ride or die for everything it gets kind of exhausting trying to discuss anything with you. i think that's what people are getting at.
    What do you mean?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    What do you mean?
    you defend everything and act like people are attacking you when they don't like something. it makes it hard to have an actual discussion with you about things.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    you defend everything and act like people are attacking you when they don't like something. it makes it hard to have an actual discussion with you about things.
    No i don't. I agree, Scott sounds horrible on a song that was meant to he serious. I have no problem admitting that.

But to say that he doesn't mean anything he sings is really fucking ignorant. Im sure. Trent meant every word on the song With Teeth but no one can take that song serious because of how stupid he sings the chorus.

With arms is okay at best because the music is good....message is good....but good god Scott...couldn't you just tone it down a bit?

Also really...your calling me out when Void said he'd like to take a piss on his grave when he dies? And you call me out?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    And one last thing...i never said anyone was attacking me because no one is....so...i fail to see your point

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    With arms is okay at best because the music is good....message is good....but good god Scott...couldn't you just tone it down a bit?
    The music is just as overwrought and maudlin as the lyrics. The message is what it is. There are much better songs out there about becoming a parent.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Hey...that's your opinion and i respect it.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    idk though man, i mean, you saw MY laundry list of shit that I'M really into in this thread.
    I have a Counting Crows shirt. Bone is one of my favorite acts of all time.
    i'm gonna cut the kid a break and say that maybe he just happens to like some of the acts you guys are discussing? maybe? i'm just sayin.

haha, or are you itching to bust my balls too?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The fuck is wrong with you?.....also once....is a PJ song
    ..also What If sounds nothing like Wicked Garden
    I thought they meant to say "One," not "Once."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    My least favorite band of the 90's was Hootie and the Blowfish. The singer always seemed so bored and boring. I also hated most of the cheesy dance and hip hop music.
    Hootie was included Rolling Stone's poll of the worst bands of the 90's. I see I'm not the only one who disliked them.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/readers-poll-the-ten-worst-bands-of-the-nineties-20130509/6-hootie-and-the-blowfish-0864840

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Push the Little Daisies was intended to be kind of eerie and annoying in an unsettling way... I'd say it worked. Not my favorite Ween track, but they've basically dabbled in a billion different genres.
    Yep, it was meant to be scary in the same way that "Tiptoe Through The Tulips" is/was. Hyper-exaggerated happiness, to the point of sounding "fake" or sinister. For what it's worth, I don't particularly like the song either.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    From 2000, but close enough.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    you guys must have forgotten all about mambo no. 5. i sure as fuck can't.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    My least favorite band of the 90's was Hootie and the Blowfish. The singer always seemed so bored and boring. I also hated most of the cheesy dance and hip hop music.
    Hootie was included Rolling Stone's poll of the worst bands of the 90's. I see I'm not the only one who disliked them.
    https://www.rollingstone.com/music/pictures/readers-poll-the-ten-worst-bands-of-the-nineties-20130509/6-hootie-and-the-blowfish-0864840
    RS also put STP as the worst band so......

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    i know every god damn word to that song.
    @RhettButler i love "oops i did it again", it's catchy, danceable, fun, and the video is great (i remember watching the "making the video" on it on mtv)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh, I hate that fucking song.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    i know every god damn word to that song.
    @RhettButler i love "oops i did it again", it's catchy, danceable, fun, and the video is great (i remember watching the "making the video" on it on mtv)
    I would rather pass 100 kidney stones than listen to Britney Spears. And that Mambo song does indeed blow.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The first half of the 90s was generally okish, but 1995-2000 has to be the worst 5 year stretch in music, IMO.

Rap/Hip hop, girl/boy bands dominated MTV and the radio during that time. Everything else was considered "Alternative" regardless of genre, lol.

Perhaps the "hardcore alternative" bands were the ones that were the most annoying. There's plenty of adults that have scars where their eyebrow piercings used to be, and it's not a good look.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Senateguard33 View Post
    There's plenty of adults that have scars where their eyebrow piercings used to be, and it's not a good look.
    and nose. and labret. and the weird effect of having a barbell through the underside of your tongue for ten years. and oh god, i'm so glad i stopped at a 00 when i was gauging my ears.

just speaking for myself.

i dunno, there was something about the "alternative" one-hit wonders from that time. "bittersweet symphony" by the verve is one of my favorite songs ever.

i'm fully aware of the fact that the stones basically wrote it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I was doing live sound for a band that covered that song the other week... Oh my god...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I feel you all would like a reminder this sucks too since Mambo Number 5 was mentioned,