Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Legion (FX)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Legion (FX)

I haven't seen a thread for this (and I did search) so please delete if there is already one.

Tonight aired the first episode of the second season. The show has a very Lynchian feel to it and is very good in my opinion. Anyone else watch?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iamclassic View Post
    I haven't seen a thread for this (and I did search) so please delete if there is already one.

Tonight aired the first episode of the second season. The show has a very Lynchian feel to it and is very good in my opinion. Anyone else watch?
    honestly one of my favorite shows ever. the first season was so compelling my wife and i binged it as fast as we could stand. what a fucking cliffhanger. won't be able to start season 2 until at least the weekend as we're in the process of moving but i'm very excited!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    honestly one of my favorite shows ever. the first season was so compelling my wife and i binged it as fast as we could stand. what a fucking cliffhanger. won't be able to start season 2 until at least the weekend as we're in the process of moving but i'm very excited!
    I love all the episodes, but this one was one of my favorites. I am excited to hear what you think about it!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the first season a lot more than I thought I would (especially in the beginning). It did get a little bogged down there for a little while, but overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and dark tone. Haven't seen any of the new episodes yet, but I might have to check out S2E1 right now...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I really enjoyed the first season a lot more than I thought I would (especially in the beginning). It did get a little bogged down there for a little while, but overall, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and dark tone. Haven't seen any of the new episodes yet, but I might have to check out S2E1 right now...
    The first 2 and last 2 were my favorites last season. Season 2 has started off with the same quality and is much darker.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Legion really hit the ball out of the park with how they finished up season 1. They were kinda just being LOOK AT US HOW WEIRD IS OUR SHOW there for a few episodes in the middle, but they got right back into the meat of the story really well. Will watch the season premiere tomorrow most likely.

I believe we discussed this show in the X-Men thread previously. I would say it makes sense for it to have it's own thread considering how the show is presented. It's def. it's own thing. Fox really did a great job in taking their rights to the mutant properties in non-traditional directions with this, Logan and New Mutants (if it ever actually comes out). Even to a lesser extent with The Gifted. Marvel has dipped their toe in that pool with the Netflix shows, but I actually think those shows would benefit from being a little more traditional and tied into the greater MCU. But I'm a broken record on that topic.

Also, Aubrey Plaza deserved an Emmy nom for the first season. She was CRAZY. So good.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The lighting effect when she is light wanding has to be the best visual representation of what i see when i look at people while on acid. The rest of the episode was pretty good, the notion of a three way split(?) seems kind of interesting as well.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    David: " I can still sense him, still feel him, but right now I think he's hiding from me so if there's a way you could boost my signal...."
    Me: "CEREBRO!"
    Cary: *puts David in strawberry flavored syrup*

I was also thinking how Lynchian this show is. I loved every second of this episode and I can't wait to see where this season will take us.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    The restaurant with the little food boats was lovely. I want to dine at a place like that.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Forgot that this was back on, just watched the season 2 opener.

Man this show is fucked up in the best way, i loved the White Rabbit bit at the end.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Perfect from start to finish as I expected. Probably the most underrated show on television next to Mr. Robot. That dance sequence scene had me smirking the entire time.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This show is definitely my favorite show on television.

But White rabbit belongs on a list of songs banned from use in film and television for overuse, lol (maybe that list is worth it's own thread)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Unrelated, but I think the female voice/laugh in the Background World sounds like Aubrey Plaza as Lenny.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    I was also thinking how Lynchian this show is.
    I did have some strong Lost Highway vibes from ep. 1.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This season is ok so far... A lot less trippy, a lot more on the nose. Probably deliberately more accessible, so im a little weary... Something's seem just weird for weirds sake, here. It wasn't quite like that last season.

Another thing I'm feeling concerned about is the "bigger bad is coming" set up. This trope always falls flat on it's face and the outcomes here don't seem like they're worth all the intrigue and mystery. So either David is right and they have to set up for the bigger bad, or he's wrong and being tricked by the shadow king.... Neither is worth the fanfaire...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    They brought up the Shi'ar , and that can bring an entirely new plot point into the mix for the show and possibly a new season.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    After the schzio blog, I cannot help but think of Legion and the new EPs together. This five minute intro to episode 3 was rather thought provoking as well.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The soundtrack for the latest episode (Chapter 12) was great...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    The soundtrack for the latest episode (Chapter 12) was great...
    Agreed. I've been listening to The National a bunch now haha. I am also looking forward to Chapter 14. Chapter 13 became very dark.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I'm going to scream if I have to sit through one more monologue or pop montage in this show.

For fucks sake.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The final season starts this Monday, June 24.

Look closely and you'll see David's daddy in this trailer.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    i know a lot of people who don't like this show. i'm not one of them! can't wait for the new season.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Excited to watch, not excited to try & fit this in with the 729294 shows im trying to watch at the moment.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i gave up partway through season 2. it just got too upsetting and too hard to follow at a certain point. is it worth finishing? does season 3 look good?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Excited to watch, not excited to try & fit this in with the 729294 shows im trying to watch at the moment.
    three letters for you: DVR

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    i gave up partway through season 2. it just got too upsetting and too hard to follow at a certain point. is it worth finishing? does season 3 look good?
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/re...review-1220180

Mild spoiler, I guess, if you haven't seen it coming or if you are totally unfamiliar with the comics. It seems that season 3 is going to be good. You would have to watch at least the last 2 episodes of season 2 to get a sense of bearing plot wise.

For you, I'd add a major trigger warning for those episodes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    it just got too upsetting and too hard to follow at a certain point. is it worth finishing?
    It is, but admittedly it took a while for my beloved and I to finish as well. I'm not sure S3 looking interesting but I am curious about it. I'll take the trip with them...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/re...review-1220180

Mild spoiler, I guess, if you haven't seen it coming or if you are totally unfamiliar with the comics. It seems that season 3 is going to be good. You would have to watch at least the last 2 episodes of season 2 to get a sense of bearing plot wise.

For you, I'd add a major trigger warning for those episodes.
    thank you <3 <3 <3 always glad to know people around here have my back

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Finally started S3 ...

Yup, still great.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    loved the first two episodes. Gonna watch 3 & 4 tomorrow.