Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Barry

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Barry

Just watched the first two episodes today. This show definitely looks promising. It certainly has my attention.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    I am really digging it so far. It reminds me a bit of Grosse Pointe Blank. Hader is excellent and Root is equal parts supportive of Barry but with an understated amount of terrifying. He clearly cares for Barry but I can see their relationship falling apart and going real bad, real fast.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The moment I knew I was going to love this show was when Brad is dressed up in the dreadlocks and did the scene from True Romance and got the concept that everything practiced in this are scenes from movies, as opposed to more traditional theater. There's a cynicism there but it seems based in practicality because it's based in Los Angeles.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Gonna have to do a remit on that last post. This might be the first new show I've loved out of the gate since perhaps BoJack Horseman. Hader and Root are tremendous together and it's really got potential to turn both the comedy and thriller genres on their heads.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    This last episode was the best of the season. I love the serious tone this show takes at times. Bill Hader really crushed in this particular one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Great first season. Last two episodes were really dark and hit just the right note. As others stated, Hader really shines in this role. Can't wait to see where they go from here.