Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Roseanne - Cancelled

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    A Darlene spinoff doesnt work unless Galecki signs on full time. Enough of Big Bang Theory

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    BREAKING: ABC Picks Up Roseanne Spin-off The Conners to Series
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/95...ners-to-series

So will Roseanne be getting a piece of the money for this series? I honestly don't see this lasting.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    BREAKING: ABC Picks Up Roseanne Spin-off The Conners to Series
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/95...ners-to-series

So will Roseanne be getting a piece of the money for this series? I honestly don't see this lasting.
    The New York Times article about the spinoff said Roseanne would not but I don't know how that's possible.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    The New York Times article about the spinoff said Roseanne would not but I don't know how that's possible.
    Bottom of that linked article says she agreed to the terms in order to keep 200 jobs of cast and crew saved. Of course she'll try to make herself look like the valiant hero here.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks like they killed off Roseanne.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...e-heart-attack

I misssed the debut episode. Hope to see it on demand.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Looks like they killed off Roseanne.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...e-heart-attack

I misssed the debut episode. Hope to see it on demand.
    Man, I bet Roseanne is pissed on how they killed off her character

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Saw the first episode of The Conners and thought it was pretty good. They handled Roseanne's death rather well. Looking forward to see where they take the show.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Roseanne's been on Joe Rogan's podcast and recently had a piece done for Vice about everything that went down, what do you guys think... any sincerity there at all? Did she deserve everything that came her way?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Saw the first episode of The Conners and thought it was pretty good. They handled Roseanne's death rather well. Looking forward to see where they take the show.
    Agreed. It was done very smoothly. It made sense, with the episode last season of her stashing all the pills, and it's also genuinely culturally relevant. The cast clearly still believes in the show and seem to want to do the absolute best job possible. It'll be interesting to see how the show works in the long run without Roseanne's central link, but I really enjoyed it. The Conners were genuinely very important and incredibly relatable to my upbringing as a child, so regardless of the fact that its just another show brought back to TV that didn't need to be brought back, I'm really happy to get to watch this show again. And even more happy that it's really good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    saw the rogan interview, felt like there was a ton of backtracking spinning and woes me, i do however agree with Joe we kind of live in this outrage society where we're sitting it wait. look everyone is angry. and with social media 24 hour new it'a in your face and yes a lot of it has to do with trump. look sjw's n be irritation. but the rich white and politically connected have a much better goat things and people are fed up. twitter is a horrible means of communication. it designed to be misinterpreted and taken out of context try an communicate any idea or thought with any kind with a limit on it you will fail. look you said your tweet was about Iran. then go on to talk about you macadamia farm in Hawaii boo hoo. look. i sorry you fucked up. every one does it. look let's move on. i just wish people would give a moments thought of how their words effect other and act appropriately.
    -louie

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Episode two of the Conners was excellent. Gilbert and Goodman really carry the show. I'm guessing Becky's alcoholism will soon be a major issue.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    good man is good in most everything
    -louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    l looks like we will have to start a new thread Meagan Kelly axed no tweet but blackface comments she's well to educated to not know the history. just as stated before how about we attempt to see the world through others eyes. or even simpler how about we stop making costumes look i know it Halloween look i pissed plenty of people off when i went as the twin towers or sent home for going as Jesus ok dragging around a cross was a little much.
    -louie

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looks like The Conners will get a second season.

https://deadline.com/2019/05/the-con...on-1202614468/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Season 2 of The Conners will air 9/24.

Looks like Rosanne likes playing the victim and is taking no responsibility for her firing.

https://deadline.com/2019/09/roseann...ng-1202736639/

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Really enjoying season 2. Katey Sagal is a welcome addition.