Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I found this a bit humorous myself. I want that 1.0 version lol.

Hopefully they cleaned up those awful looking melee mechanics we saw a few months back. The more news that comes out, the less excited I am feeling about this game.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-28-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I have always wanted a really involved cyberpunk action RPG, so I have the highest hopes for this. What's really been out there in the genre? You'd think there'd be tons of games exploring cyberpunk universes but I can't think of many. There were the Shadowrun games for SNES and Genesis (both totally different from each other, and both great), Omikron (which was a weird PC game starring David Bowie), the Deus Ex games, System Shock, Beneath a Steel Sky, maybe you could say Final Fantasy VII... So I'm really hoping this is as amazing as it looks like it's gonna be.

Then again, if the experience is going to be a disservice on current gen systems, maybe I'll wait until I have a PS5 or XbX.
    The Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun PC games are well worth playing.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Okay wow, so current gen is the problem. Well, frankly I wouldn't want to be in such a situation, releasing a highly anticipated and probably groundbreaking all-plattform AAA-title with a new generation of consoles (and new graphic cards for PC) on the horizon, yet being obliged to satisfy those who won't jump to a new console that quickly (understandably that is).

Either way, it's probably good for the game, but some of it definitely leaves a sour taste. What really bugs me is that they cheated a little with the "gold" status and had their staff working overtime as hell. I actually heard that the staff has been informed about the fine tuning of this no earlier than the public has.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I find it hilarious that this game is being released on Stadia... I cannot believe that thing is still going.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    October 6th "No more delays..."

I'm all for supporting them to take their time, but for fucks sake...
    Turns out there's a reason for this. Due to Polish laws, 90% of the entire dev team didn't even know about the most recent delay until literally a few hours before it was announced.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I find it hilarious that this game is being released on Stadia... I cannot believe that thing is still going.
    Especially that asshole Stadia design creator that had a Twitter meltdown.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-28-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Especially that asshole Stadia design creator had a Twitter meltdown.
    Hahaa, yea, I sort of watched that unfold in real time. I don't know anyone that owns the thing.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Okay wow, so current gen is the problem. Well, frankly I wouldn't want to be in such a situation, releasing a highly anticipated and probably groundbreaking all-plattform AAA-title with a new generation of consoles (and new graphic cards for PC) on the horizon, yet being obliged to satisfy those who won't jump to a new console that quickly (understandably that is).
    To be fair this game was announced a year before the PS4 and X1 had even been out, to not throw folks a bone with the current systems would be a dick move IMO. I don't really see it as an obligation to satisfy a certain crowd if it was the genuine development goal before the next-gen started drawing near and necessitated the upgrade. I see it as less of a hold up so much as making sure all bases are covered for what was already planned in the first place, no different than if they were releasing any other game at any other time, it just happens to be on the heels of a new gen launch.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    @thelastdisciple , thanks didn't know that it was actually planned for those way before. Makes sense.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I have an old issue of Game Informer when this came was first announced back in 2012. Dam.. That 7 years feels like an eternity when the PS4 and Xbone first released.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So more news is coming out, including a very much unseen Q&A with one of the main devs (confirmed to be real by sources) that definitely does not make me hopeful. So first, if you scroll up and recall that Q&A from yesterday I posted...more is coming out from later in the conference call where Nowakowski says this:

If that doesn't make you sigh....how about the aforementioned answer from a main CDPR dev on Reddit a few weeks back just after the gold announcement?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    FFS^^^

I just got my 2nd changed date email for the game last night... Just another reminder of how much pain I'm already feeling.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Honestly at this point if the game needs more time, take it. Little stop gaps to get it out before christmas will only hurt the game (and the people crunching to get it out) CDPR can take the hit, if it needs another couple months to make sure it's as good as it can be i'd rather they did that. Last thing i want are people working themselves to death to give me a functional but buggy first impression just to get that sweet holiday revenue.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I know it's not what you meant, but they are actually working themselves to death regardless - 100 hour weeks? holy shit - so why does the end product quality matter either way?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just to avoid having to click through the tweet, etc.

There's even a bit of melee in here...fingers crossed. Looks great!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just spotted Ilan in the latest episode of Night City Wire! Did we know he was on this?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuckssakes I cannot wait.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Here's the full ep 5 of NCW. The behind the scenes mocap stuff with Keanu is great.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Just spotted Ilan in the latest episode of Night City Wire! Did we know he was on this?
    If I remember correctly he was in the first behind the music video they released about year ago, also some of the devs has posted some clips of recording him drumming on twitter.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Copies are in the wild. A friend of mine that does audio for a certain dev sent me a pic of a copy in his hand. Time to go dark. Spoilers soon I fear.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Didn't they say it was supposed to be shorter than Witcher?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Copies are in the wild. A friend of mine that does audio for a certain dev sent me a pic of a copy in his hand. Time to go dark. Spoilers soon I fear.
    Yup, was just gonna say this. I've never heard of a leak this early. At this point, it's actually probably likely that there will be a pirated PC version floating around long before the game launches. Which is unfortunate because it really did seem like they didn't want it to be released until it was "right."
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-23-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oof.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My friend at EA has been texting me pics all morning since he got his copy early, smug bastard lol. Day 1 patch clocks in at a whopping 56gb. Yeeeeesh.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Day 1 patch clocks in at a whopping 56gb. Yeeeeesh.
    Good lord. The digital editions of the new systems will be able to have like 3 games on them at any given time.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    time to clear up some HDD space I guess...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    My friend at EA has been texting me pics all morning since he got his copy early, smug bastard lol. Day 1 patch clocks in at a whopping 56gb. Yeeeeesh.
    Whaa, the screenshots from others installing the game just looks like the disc data. I thought the Day 1 patch was supposed to be released a few days before release? I'm confused...

Edit: From Cyberpunk PR
    States the patch doesn't exist yet.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 12-02-2020 at 09:09 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Asked my friend what I saw in the pic he sent me, he said that was the base game I saw, about 53gb remaining, I guess I misunderstood. For what it’s worth, there’s actually going to be two installs on day one. A patch (size unknown) as well as a 43.5gb ‘update’. So that’s fun.