Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Cyberpunk 2077

I'm starting a thread because news is finally starting to come out...I've been waiting on this game for over five damn years. From the studio that created Witcher III.

And now we know that something will be shown at E3 in June. Launch will be single player campaign only, though there will be multiplayer and expansions down the road. Current and next-gen consoles and PC. I'm so hyped for this.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rumour (so take this with a grain of salt) has it it'll have an hour long presentation for the media at E3!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I really enjoyed the Harebrained Schemes Shadowrun games, so I'm hoping I can get into this as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Give me this now.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm excited for it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    No gameplay though. Hopefully not an FPS.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    as someone who tried and failed to get into Witcher III, I'm still excited to play this. Hopefully it'll be on the show floor at E3.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    as someone who tried and failed to get into Witcher III, I'm still excited to play this. Hopefully it'll be on the show floor at E3.
    Have you played the previous games or read any of the books? That really helped me getting into it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Mike Pondsmith, who designed the original TTRPG that Cyberpunk 2077 is based on, spoke about the game in a video for CDPR back in 2013. His particular pitch is what originally piqued my interest in the game. In part because it reassured me that game was going to reckon with the issues the genre of cyberpunk is about writ large, instead of just mining that space for "cool" aesthetics.

Last edited by Alabaster Creature; 12-03-2022 at 01:20 AM. Reason: I like where the game ended up, but it has little relation to this video

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    More details coming today apparently, hopefully gameplay. First tidbit leaked is that the game is first person.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    More details coming today apparently, hopefully gameplay. First tidbit leaked is that the game is first person.
    I'm about to head out to E3... hopefully they'll have something on the floor I can mess around with

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    • CD Projekt describes the game as a "first-person RPG."
    • Gameplay is in first a first-person perspective, but switched to third-person during a cutscene.
    • You play a character named V (as in the letter).
    • V can be a man or a woman.
    • The stats you pick at the start include Strength, Constitution, Intelligence, Reflexes, Tech, and Cool.
    • These stats are all pulled from the original tabletop RPG.
    • There are no classes at the start. Instead, you evolve the class you want to be as you play instead of picking a role.
    • You can drive cars in the game, and seemingly toggle between first and third person during this.
    • While driving in first-person, the U.I. appears diegetically on the windshield.
    • You can engage in combat while driving -- AI took over steering as you lean out the window and shoot at enemies.
    • CD Projekt also described Cyberpunk as a "mature experience intended for mature audiences."
    • The goal is for you to not only engage with the game world, but with its inhabitants.
    • Like Witcher, you take missions from NPCs and have dialogue options in conversations.
    • It's an open world that you open up more with "street cred." For example, a specific jacket might raise it by 5%, allowing you access to new places.
    • Completing a quest levels up your street cred.
    • The UI in the demo is extremely minimal at -- just a light compass and a small quest log.
    • UI expands during combat -- enemies have names, health bars, and what appear to be levels.
    • Some enemies have question marks instead of levels, possibly meaning they're much higher level than you.
    • Damage numbers pop up during combat.
    • There's a bullet-time-like ability that allows you to slow down time.
    • CD Projekt keeps emphasizing that choices have consequences, in the moment and to the world at large.
    • Obstacles have several solutions depending on your skills. For example, V got to a door, but his hacking skill was too low. However, his engineering skill was high enough, so he could open a panel and bypass the door.
    • There's an inspection system lets you look super close at items and learn more about lore.
    • You use an inhaler to heal.
    • Gunplay feels slower than Doom or Borderlands, but faster than Fallout 4.
    • CD Projekt showed off some late-game abilities, including mantis-like blade arms and wall running.
    • We saw a boss fight against a dude in an exoskeleton. This included sliding under cars and taking cover.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 06-12-2018 at 04:52 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The more i hear about this game the more i want it!

I'm pretty happy they're going a different direction from The Witcher 3. It would have been too easy to just make The Witcher in the future so it shows they're open to new ideas. And that trailer.....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy fuck the gameplay trailer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I need this game now, fuckssakes.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have no idea how the PS4 or Xbone will run that and it look anything like what we just saw. The number of NPCs and object AI is ridiculous. That has got to be a 2020 next gen release. Hell, I'm probably just going to rebuild my PC for it like I did in 2014 for Witcher 3.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    This game is going to be amazing.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    I have no idea how the PS4 or Xbone will run that and it look anything like what we just saw. The number of NPCs and object AI is ridiculous. That has got to be a 2020 next gen release. Hell, I'm probably just going to rebuild my PC for it like I did in 2014 for Witcher 3.
    Have you seen the new Spider-Man game?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    CDPR is really good optimizing their games and getting the most out of their engines. Witcher looked great and ran smoothly, especially after a few updates, and that's that they have an even bigger staff of people working on this game than they did W3. I have faith that it'll look awesome.

But yeah, I'm definitely upgrading all my pc shit before this comes out so that it can look as good as possible.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm planning on re-building my PC just for this game!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I've been waiting for a game to come out like this for a long time. When I first saw the trailer, I was kind of meh on it, but now seeing all of the gameplay that was released, I am super psyched for this.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    FINALLY. April 16, 2020. Sweet how they got Keanu Reeves to make the announcement...and he's a character in the game? Fuck I've waited for this thing forever.

Last edited by october_midnight; 06-09-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    They couldn't have timed this better, Keanu is super hot right now and after last weeks outpouring how awesome the guy is from fans on twitter and the success of John Wick this was just the perfect storm. I haven't been WOW'd by an announcement for a long time, but this got me cheering!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I actually lost enthusiasm for the game with the new trailer. Maybe next year I'll feel differently again.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I actually lost enthusiasm for the game with the new trailer. Maybe next year I'll feel differently again.
    Here's some details about the show floor demo that might sound exciting.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Man, this dude. He says there's a strength build where you can basically power your way through everything and it's LESS fun to play than a stealth build? Nah. If I get this game, that's my first choice. Straight power builds are always ridiculously fun.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Ahhh yes, the stealth build. Where i start out with the intention of building Ninja Batman, like a shadow in the night...but it always goes tits up and i end up going all in on strength because i suck at stealth

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    HOOK THIS IN TO MY VEINS.