Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK i might be going a bit TOO hard in prep for this game by designing my character already!

A post shared by on

Her name is Finger Bangs, she wears an eyepatch covered by her hair with the left side partly shaved to allow quick access to modded areas. She's wield a futuristic revolver she refers as her Finger (and the Bang is the bullet) her hair highlights will glow (if i'm able to do that in game)

...I STILL HAVE 7 MONTHS TO WAIT FOR THIS!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Ah, fine by me. Get it right first time.

There's plenty of games coming out in March

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is bad forever"

At least this now means i have more time to re-build my PC AND play the fuck-ton of other games out over the next 3 months!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'm actually happy about this. Gives me time to play FF VII and Doom Eternal without feeling completely overwhelmed.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This fucking year sucks, man

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I personally have no idea what's the hype for this game? Honestly please educate me ? What other games have they made ?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I personally have no idea what's the hype for this game? Honestly please educate me ? What other games have they made ?
    The Witcher series, and Saints Row 2. There is a book coming out in July that gives you a backstory as to what is going on in the world.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-18-2020 at 07:38 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The Witcher 3 was a top 5 game of this decade despite launching with too many bugs. They know it too. They released a statement stating the game is essentially finished, but they want it as polished and bug free as possible. I don't mind the delay if that is the case. Despite those statements, I still think they're having issues with it running on current gen APUs. The game has a shitload of AI. If nothing else, hopefully it will be running great on PCs, as this game is the sole reason I built a new system. Other than that, new consoles will be upon launch as well, so if you aren't going the PC route, just get a next gen console. I can't imagine trying to play this game on an Xbox One or PS4.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Witcher 3 is basically free, and a lot of people seem to think it's the best game ever. I have tried to get into it and failed several times, but that many people can't be wrong; there's got to be an incredible game there. Maybe it just isn't for me. I hope it is, and one day I "get it"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Witcher 3 is basically free, and a lot of people seem to think it's the best game ever. I have tried to get into it and failed several times, but that many people can't be wrong; there's got to be an incredible game there. Maybe it just isn't for me. I hope it is, and one day I "get it"
    Gotta stick with it through the first phase until the game opens up a bit. The main story is good, but the side quests and parallel stories from random encounters are what make it one of the greatest action RPGs ever. Especially the expansion stories. Witcher 3 has high replay ability for these reasons. I played the game on a annual basis for three years and it blew me away how much content you will encounter just from exploring that you never knew was even there. Really detailed interactions with their own sub-plots as well. Some of the side quests are better than entire good games on their own.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I got to the part where someone was giving me a shave and just gabbing about bullshit and just shaving my face and blabbing and I said fuck this... I'll give it another try.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I got to the part where someone was giving me a shave and just gabbing about bullshit and just shaving my face and blabbing and I said fuck this... I'll give it another try.
    If you did not play the second game in the series, there is a walk-through on that specific interaction where you are answering questions that you want to have let Letho live. I suggest stating you did not kill him or be unawares if he is dead to have a most badass quest with him. Plus he helps you at a critical point later in the main story. There are other characters you'll want to keep alive (if possible) as well as the main quest unfolds. A particular sorceress. But I don't want to spoil.
    Last edited by pulse; 06-19-2020 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    The Witcher series, and Saints Row 2. There is a book coming out in July that gives you a backstory as to what is going on in the world.
    That makes more sense now. I played the Witcher 3 for like 30 hours and gave up on it when the vampire in the house with the hole in it continued to kill me and I couldn't figure out his weakness. I bought the game also on the switch and gave it another chance still didn't click for me. The game is huge and seems awesome but like jinsai said it didn't click but do hope it does for me one day as well. Maybe I should play it on easy mode and get use to it. Sometimes if I'm going through a depression spell and try a game it goes over my head and I miss the chance to fall in love with it. This is exactly what happened when I tried to get into monster hunter world. So far this year my favorite games have been Nioh 2, RE3, Doom Eternal, Breath of the wild, FF7, also went through every resident evil game I haven't played which was basically all of them minus 7, and 2. Didn't mean to throw the cyberpunk conversation off, just some random thoughts.

BTW that new Xbox cyber punk theme console is pretty fantastic, I bet it's going to worth a shit ton in the future. Probably a good investment.
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-19-2020 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Jinsai, I feel you. I finished the game but never got emotionally involved really...I can't tell you why though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    That makes more sense now. I played the Witcher 3 for like 30 hours and gave up on it when the vampire in the house with the hole in it continued to kill me and I couldn't figure out his weakness. I bought the game also on the switch and gave it another chance still didn't click for me. The game is huge and seems awesome but like jinsai said it didn't click but do hope it does for me one day as well. Maybe I should play it on easy mode and get use to it. Sometimes if I'm going through a depression spell and try a game it goes over my head and I miss the chance to fall in love with it. This is exactly what happened when I tried to get into monster hunter world. So far this year my favorite games have been Nioh 2, RE3, Doom Eternal, Breath of the wild, FF7, also went through every resident evil game I haven't played which was basically all of them minus 7, and 2. Didn't mean to throw the cyberpunk conversation off, just some random thoughts.

BTW that new Xbox cyber punk theme console is pretty fantastic, I bet it's going to worth a shit ton in the future. Probably a good investment.
    I played about 7 hours and I never went back. Some really huge games turn me off, but others draw me in and I'll spend 200 hours in it; I'll probably never play it again, but like Jinsai said, there is good game in there somewhere.

All the games you listed are also my faves this year, but RE3 was really disappointing for me. I'm currently going through all the Castlevania games.

As far as Cyberpunk goes, I preordered the book and also the game for PS4 and yes, that Xbox edition is friggin' sexy but I haven't had any reason to buy one lol.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I played about 7 hours and I never went back. Some really huge games turn me off, but others draw me in and I'll spend 200 hours in it; I'll probably never play it again, but like Jinsai said, there is good game in there somewhere.

All the games you listed are also my faves this year, but RE3 was really disappointing for me. I'm currently going through all the Castlevania games.

As far as Cyberpunk goes, I preordered the book and also the game for PS4 and yes, that Xbox edition is friggin' sexy but I haven't had any reason to buy one lol.
    I've had a hard time getting into anything lately besides FF7R and HL: Alyx. Maybe it's age...

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I've had a hard time getting into anything lately besides FF7R and HL: Alyx. Maybe it's age...
    Yes, a lot of variables come into play as you get older with games lol. FF7's replay value is through the roof imo with how deep the battle system is. I platinumed the game weeks ago and I'm still messing around with different builds. I posted a video in the thread of me destroying the secret boss battle.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that seems like a good deal, right?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It is indeed. Also...

Bummed that the entire thing is only like 30 min tomorrow morning, but regardless.... LET'S FUCKIN' GOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fuck me this new trailer is siiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

edit:

Last edited by october_midnight; 06-25-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK that game looks SOOO good...but i need to talk about Studio TRIGGER doing the official anime, HOLY SHIT THAT'S AMAZING NEWS! They have a really REALLY good track record (Kill La Kill, Little Witch Academia, SSSS Gridman, PROMARE) and it's a great fit...but it's not until 2022, which means CDPR plan for this to be their next big multimedia project. Exciting times, i'm super hyped to do some cyberpunk drawing now!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Holy fuck man. Holy fuck.

Reviews are rolling in.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I've not been following the game news other than what's on podcasts but I'm getting interested in it as we get closer.

Heard on same podcasts that the delay to November 19th seems a little coincidental given it's a rumored date for one of the two next-gen consoles. I figure that's possible and a timed exclusive for the Xbox to boot considering the console skin.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I've not been following the game news other than what's on podcasts but I'm getting interested in it as we get closer.

Heard on same podcasts that the delay to November 19th seems a little coincidental given it's a rumored date for one of the two next-gen consoles. I figure that's possible and a timed exclusive for the Xbox to boot considering the console skin.
    i'm 99% sure it's not a timed exclusive. CDPR already confirmed it's for both this gen and next gen, with both Sony and Microsoft getting free upgrades if you buy them on current systems, with pre-orders for both having been available awhile now. If they announced a timed deal after people had all pre-ordered they'd be on hell of a back lash!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The way Pawel Sasko speaks about this game really shows you how much he adores and loves this project. With an anime coming out two years after the game release, seems like Cyberpunk is a thing that will be around for years to come.

The Gameplay looks almost too good to be true and that was just a bit of prologue! I don't see any game beating this for GOTY if it delivers.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    There's a lot being said about the customization (love me a good player creator so i can then make fanart of my badass!) and they'll be different breat, penis and pubic hair options (PUBIC...HAIR...OPTIONS!) You'll also be able to mix and match genitalia for whatever non-binary you want!