Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    CD Projekt Red founders lose $1 billion...

https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news...s-loss-2841165

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    It's just nuts to think CDPR went from a year ago to being the absolute darling of games publishers/devs, were riding the wave of the Witcher 3 (which IMO is one of those games that is as close to perfect as you can get!) weren't big on microtransactions, proudly stood by their stance of delaying a game to avoid crunch and were strongly committed to releasing this on current gen, too being one of the worst for the crunch, and succumbing to the the greed of making sure they didn't lose all those current gen pre-orders by making sure no one could see how bad it is...and they are still falling.

I might just stop now, i was trying to play last night but 2 of the side quests i tried to do glitched out so that i couldn't finish them (i spent a good hour just reloading saves before just turning it off) but i can still see the game i want to play, it's there...it's just covered in bugs, and i'm not sure it's worth it right now...GAH!
    Last edited by Haysey_Draws; 12-17-2020 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    just started catching up on two weeks of gaming podcasts that I've been missing out on because of a phone switch. their highs of the initial rush of playing it is somewhat funny because you can also hear some tempered "it's great but..." in the way they're talking and you can tell it's like they want to say some more but also want to wait for the patch to see if it gets better. Also they said as much, so it's not like they're pulling punches there but they said CDPR did the same thing with Witcher and pulled it around so they hope they can do the same here.

Ah, how the mighty etc. etc.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    WHOA, Sony is actually delisting the game from their store and will issue refunds to anyone who purchased it through them.

https://www.ign.com/articles/sony-re...eady-bought-it

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can't say I blame them. They're taking a hit too. May as well stop the bleeding. I'm going to stick it out and wait for the fixes most likely.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Man this quest list is seemingly never ending. Hit level 30 and maxed out street cred at 50 and still think I’m at like 1/4 through the main story? Yeesh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Man this quest list is seemingly never ending. Hit level 30 and maxed out street cred at 50 and still think I’m at like 1/4 through the main story? Yeesh.
    I strayed away from the main story because it honestly was glitching more there than doing side missions oddly. I'm having fun trying to kill enemies I know dam well I cannot defeat, but it is still fun ramming my car over and over into them. There are a few must have guns to find as well.

After every mission, you get like 3 more. At one point I thought the game was glitching and it wasn't supposed to happen, but I hope missions don't start to become the same thing over and over. There have also been a few missions I have found simply by accident.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Alright I'm shelving this game until it works properly. Today's session was ridiculously bug filled....and I got the glitch where V is fully clothed yet his dick is hanging out lol. I do think that there's something special with this game and I want to play the fully realized version. Looks like I'll be waiting until February at the earliest. I want to feel bad for Cdpr but they brought this on themselves.
    Last edited by spiralout; 12-18-2020 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Autocorrect

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Every time I say something positive about it, like above... It just gets worse after that lol. I got pretty far and completed a decent amount of missions last night, only for my game to freeze and crash again. Only thing... I manually save now and the last two I saved are magically GONE.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Im done trying to play this game.

I'm now excited for the inevitable HBO miniseries based on how this company crashed and burned so hard. lol

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Hey guys thanks for playtesting this game for me. I'm excited to play some time in mid 2022 when I randomly grab a PS5 for GTA6 and this game is in the $20 section at Walmart.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I can't find the link now but saw on Reddit in the r/xbox sub that MS has enabled refunds for pretty much anyone, even if you've played more than 2 hours and if a previous refund request was denied.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I've heard of almost none of those artists but talk about some cool exposure for them. (for those that get to enjoy a functional version of the game)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I've heard of almost none of those artists but talk about some cool exposure for them. (for those that get to enjoy a functional version of the game)
    Oddly, I found it via a track that isn't listed on either of those...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The Grimes track ‘Delicate Weapon’ is amazing.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    So, CD Projekt lost about half of it's worth on the stock market and several lawsuits from investors are incoming. Jesus... how could this go so wrong? Alongside the whacky console launches, especially the PS5. Looks like they will be spending the majority of next year to fix this game and everything around it or maybe completely shelve it. Which I highly doubt given how long it's been in developement.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Since you guys were posting some of the music, here's a song I'm obsessed with. I heard it in the Afterlife and had to find out what it was. Turns out Jason Charles Miller of Godhead is responsible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I want to play through this game, but it is literally preventing me from doing that. I'm going to take a deep breath and try again when I get home later, but it isn't looking good.
    They say that there is some patch released which fixes a lot of glitches. But I will wait for more time till they fix everything to get gaming experience I was supposed to get from the very beginning. Bad reviews stopped me from ordering it.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I've gotten two patch updates on PS4 recently... I'm sure they're in emergency no-sleep damage control patching mode at this point.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcenroy View Post
    They say that there is some patch released which fixes a lot of glitches. But I will wait for more time till they fix everything to get gaming experience I was supposed to get from the very beginning. Bad reviews stopped me from ordering it.
    2 hours after the last patch was downloaded on my PS5, the SAME problems keep happening. I took a break from it because I am playing with anxiety the entire time hoping the game won't freeze.

The fact that CDPR said the other day not to hold a lot of items in your inventory, for you may lose your save file or it may become corrupted (Which is happening) is peak bullshit when it comes to this game. I think when the next gen release comes out (If it ever does) I'll play it more out of curiosity which is sad .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really didn't like the voice acting. The game is not bad, but the poor voice acting spoils everything very much.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh man.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KayBur View Post
    I really didn't like the voice acting. The game is not bad, but the poor voice acting spoils everything very much.
    I finally made the decision last night that I HATE my characters voice acting. It's pretty cringe now every time he speaks; I wish there were custom options for that or using filters or something.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    After all Bethesda and I have been through over the years, I just couldn't handle the same antics from CDPR on this title. They gave us Geralt, after all, that gem of a man.
    Suffice to say, I was not expecting this and have already resigned.

Le Sigh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    So, I had some time last night to try and chug through the rest of the game. Get to the final mission and it crashed 4 times in the same spot. The game literally will not let me finish it... I want to cry. However, the trophy did pop (Stares blankly.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been lucky that I have a relatively decent PC to game on, and haven't encountered much in the way of bugs (got one crash, and two occasions where the dialogue to continue to a quest didn't trigger - fixed in both instances by reloading the last autosave, leading to less than 5 minutes of lost progress in each case).

I totally understand why lots of people are upset. Performance on PS4/XOne seems very poor, and people are right to be angry about that, especially since reviews of the console versions were held back prior to release. But that also hasn't been indicative of my experience with the game at all.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    They just shouldn't have released it if it's this fucked up on consoles. Release it on PC, if that's where you're actually putting your efforts, and if it's ready there, release it there. But don't put out this shitty buggy thing.
    This is really the worst game launch of an anticipated title ever.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    They just shouldn't have released it if it's this fucked up on consoles. Release it on PC, if that's where you're actually putting your efforts, and if it's ready there, release it there. But don't put out this shitty buggy thing.
    This is really the worst game launch of an anticipated title ever.
    They added salt to the wound when it was revealed that they were in fact giving more attention to the PC and next/gen upgrades instead of the last gen consoles. They pretty much went "Fuck it, we know it's shit... Take their money anyway and send it out.. We have lawyers."

Honestly though, aside from the news and release debacle, the main story isn't anything to glamor over.