Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The TV Shows (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    holy fuck, that is awesome! i had heard about this, but that was way better than i imagined!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Give me ANYTHING studio TRIGGER do, they are AWESOME!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey_Draws View Post
    Give me ANYTHING studio TRIGGER do, they are AWESOME!
    That's what I was thinking. Some of those shots I was like "This looks like Promare!"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Meh. I'll probably pass on the anime show. We should be getting a trailer for Book of Boba Fett soon, which is what I'm most interested in right now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Damn, when i heard it was dropping in December i was thinking/hoping for the first or second week. They're really pushing it with three days of the month remaining, at least it'll be here soon just not soon enough.

I wonder if they jumped the gun by saying it would be out in December and don't want to let people down, so they're burning the midnight oil to get all the post-production done.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Watched all of Visions last night. If you only watch one of these, you should watch these two: The Duel and The Elder. Both are just gorgeous and show the Sith in unique ways. Also the duels in both are amazing. there's a move in The Elder that I was just like "oh, well of course" when it happened.

Otherwise the episodes were just alright in content. Tatooine Rhapsody was too timid and the song was laughable. The Twins was straight up offensive in the way they portrayed, well, just about everything. I mean it started and it looked great and then suddenly dude was walking and breathing and talking in space. and his lightsaber could change size and suddenly cut a Star Destroyer open? and his sister had two arms. no wait four arms. no wait six arms! I know it was anime but I can't handle flights of fancy that border on ludicrous. The Village Bride was actually pretty good until the killing blow because it was setup so oddly and framed in a way that seemed more trope than anything. The Ninth Jedi was really good and definitely third best. That's the one that I'd like to get more story out of, but I'm more than happy with the Ronin book coming next month based on characters from The Duel. T0-B1 was...fine. Very Astro Boy but still fine, exactly what you expected from the trailer. The "you have to find a kyber crystal / it was inside you all along" was fine, very much in line with what Star Wars is according to George Lucas. Lop & Ochō is the other one from the trailer that I was like "oh I know what this is" and it was that, more or less, but it also wasn't Lola Bunny so that's good. Akakiri had a weird Pulp Fiction time thing going on so if you weren't paying attention - cough - you might have missed some of the story. But it's actually one of the more flip-the-script episodes near the end, really caught a tiny bit of imagination there.

A lot of episodes Mary Sue'd the heck out of things but I didn't care at all. The Force is supposed to be an innate thing, something that you have and use. Sure with training you can do some other things but I've always assumed it's like being a mutant: you all have the same thing 'wrong' with you but it manifests itself in different ways. The Force to me might be that I can perceive things and react faster than you but you have better control of moving things with your mind. I don't care that it's different in everyone because that makes the most sense, so seeing everyone reacting to their Force capabilities in different ways was completely fine.

Also Star Wars is different things to different age groups so when you see someone just up and start flying a motorcycle backwards and it takes the protagonist about two minutes to say "she's strong in the Force!" realize that it's also for kids, just like George always said.

oh right: "I have a bad feeling about this" is a terrible drinking game to play with these episodes. I think it's only absent from one episode but it's definitely in some more than once.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So here I am, finally getting into the 2008 Clone Wars movie and series annnnd... uh... there's so much terrible (and repetitive) dialogue. And then there's changing Jar Jar's voice a few times (just incase you were trying to like the character). Well... many more episodes to go. This might be a slog.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    So here I am, finally getting into the 2008 Clone Wars movie and series annnnd... uh... there's so much terrible (and repetitive) dialogue. And then there's changing Jar Jar's voice a few times (just incase you were trying to like the character). Well... many more episodes to go. This might be a slog.
    I know I have to watch all this eventually too, and now you're scaring me off.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    I know I have to watch all this eventually too, and now you're scaring me off.
    Start off with the movie, if you can get through that, the series will be easy enough to handle.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Could be a bit "moodier" for my taste, but I like what I'm seeing! Can't wait for December!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Nothing mind blowing in the trailer but I'm really looking forward to this.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Then again... "please, speek freely" out of Boba's mouth gave me the chills. The renewed musical theme sounds amazing aswell.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Next week people!!!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Aaaaaaand it sucked.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yeah just finished it. What the fuck was that.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Yeah just finished it. What the fuck was that.
    Seemed ok to me but I had it going in the background while I was getting ready for work. I'll have to watch again later today. What's the issue?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Boring. Super clean. And i think goro from mortal kombat is dead maybe.

what happened to the grit and danger of the mandalorian?

unreal engine is amazing. But they don’t have to do literally every character in it.
    idk. Pretty disappointing. IMO.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Counter point: loved it and can't wait for next week.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I liked it. Didn’t have that obligatory shock everyone expects, but I wasn’t sitting there waiting for it to end. The main issue I have is that it seemed like it should have been maybe 15 or 20 minutes longer to sort of create some major conflict and get me more invested up front. I think it will likely build up quite a bit. Looking forward to next week!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I also liked it a lot. And this is coming from someone who thinks Boba Fett is a massively overrated character.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Gotta confess it was indeed a little anticlimatic, but not necessarily underwhelming. I love Boba and the flashbacks were great (although a bit short), but shortness is what the Mandalorian suffered from as well. Guess the point we are starting off from isn't that amazing to begin with, but I sure want to know where this show is heading next and I hope it picks up! Also I can't wait for some Slave I action and Boba really showing us his chops like he did back in his comeback episode of Mandalorian. For a first episode this was nice, but it lacked something.

One thing I truly hated about it was the music though. I'm all for Spaghetti Western and Western in general and I do love Robert Rodriguez spin on some of it with his Mariachi trilogy, but Ludwig Göransson or at least his partner are doing a pretty lackluster job with the music on this and Mandalorian. It just feels cheap to me and doesn't hold up to the grandeur of Morricone and John Williams at all. So to not have Boba's theme blarring at the end of the episodes is a huge mistake in my opinion.

Oh yes, and that strange sand creature was a bit ridicilous, although it had a nice Harryhausen feel to it. Rodriguez loves this kind of stuff, but I tought it was a little too much...

What I find funny is how everyone seems to disagree on wether or not this oozes the "real" Star Wars feeling. I have friends who are in love with the humor and more childish-aspects of Star Wars, were I got others that want to dive deeper into the grittyness of this space fairy tale full with dark knights and evil outcasts on the way. Seems it depends on which generation you belong to these days and if you grew up with the OG in mind, or the Prequels or the latest outings... Personally I dig the more grittier aspects and I too wish that Mandalorian and Boba Fett would get a more harder rating, but then again it's the House of Mouse we have to deal with.
    Last edited by dlb; 12-30-2021 at 03:21 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Toss me onto the dung heap that liked the first episode. I fully expected that we'd likely get flashbacks detailing how Boba survived from the pit emergence to where he is now so it fleshes out his character more. Disappointed? I think a lot of that goes with the fact that there have been multiple takes on how he survived the pit and what he did after so there's going to be some crossover there. But yeah, interested to see how the bacta tank becomes a hinderance for him and how he and Fennec navigate this whole thing. Also interested to see how this Mayor character factors in going forward.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Ill keep watching, but not a good start.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    It was fine. I wouldn't say I dislike the Rodriguez style but I'll be looking forward to how the other directors deal with things. The fight scene wasn't very convincing, even if rather tame by Rodriguez standards, and the creature was awful looking.

Buuuuuuut I smell a Spoiler: Cad Bane appearance

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Count me amongst the folks that were fine with the first episode. I enjoyed the second last night as well! Glad it was a little longer.