Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The TV Shows (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh I agree completely, other than The Mandalorian and hearing about the Disneyland area for the next two years straight, I'm fully on board for more Star Wars. I say they pump something out every two weeks tbh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    This 'reimagining' of the final fight between Vader and Obi-Wan is fucking crazy good.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First new Star Wars film in 2022 after Episode IX will be from uhh.... the Game of Thrones showrunners.

Not the best timing to be sure, but we shall see.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    First new Star Wars film in 2022 after Episode IX will be from uhh.... the Game of Thrones showrunners.

Not the best timing to be sure, but we shall see.
    Just out of curiosity, is there someone you feel would be better suited for the job? I personally am excited to see what they do.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Just out of curiosity, is there someone you feel would be better suited for the job? I personally am excited to see what they do.
    i don't give a shit what they want to do; they made (wanted to make? did it actually happen?) a show about if the south had won the civil war. why the fuck do we need that kind of shit when racism is still running rampant (or why would we ever)? fuck those clowns.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't give a shit what they want to do; they made (wanted to make? did it actually happen?) a show about if the south had won the civil war. why the fuck do we need that kind of shit when racism is still running rampant (or why would we ever)? fuck those clowns.
    I wasn't aware of whatever show that is. I've just been a huge fan of Game of Thrones and would like to see some actual character development take place in a Star Wars movie again.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I wasn't aware of whatever show that is. I've just been a huge fan of Game of Thrones and would like to see some actual character development take place in a Star Wars movie again.
    from what everyone i know is saying about GoT (i've never watched it) they have run it into the ground and completely destroyed all the character development from the seasons leading up to this one (which i've been told is because they're no longer basing the show on the books) so that tells me that maybe they aren't the best equipped to deal with character development. idunno.

also, hope it goes without saying i wasn't attacking you! i just think those dudes are tools.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    from what everyone i know is saying about GoT
    Everyone meaning a bunch of cunts. It is one thing to critique creative choices, the season is far from perfect, but people are straight turning on the show, starting petitions to get it remade? (pure idiocy) And basically creating all kinds of made up narratives about why Martin is god, and these two are fucking up his work, with no context to the conversations that were had, what it is to come in future books, and designing a complete revisionist history in regards to everything that has come before, basically stripping them of all of the good work they have done to this point.

It's clear it's not about anything other than the final 6 not living up their own personal precisely crafted expectations and having a fucking tantrum about it. Entitled babies for the most part, but at least it's a credit to quality and the investment in the show to this point. If an artist paints a picture you don't like, do you ask them to redraw it? I think it's fair to suggest reasons why it is not sitting well with you, but that also should not ruin the 7 paintings before that either.

The final 6 episodes have been captivating and edge of your seat, and full of points to discuss, which I view as a positive, even when a few of the choices may feel strange or far off the mark. The Last Jedi did not ruin Star Wars (much to many a manbaby chagrin), as much as it made some brutally poor choices, and 6 episodes (which were still excellently made on a technical level) did not all of a sudden ruin Game of Thrones or prove Weiss and Benioff inept and incompetent, as GoT is one of the most impressive series ever produced, for many different reasons, and that will never change.

Star Wars will be in very capable hands with these two.

As far as Confederate, which apparently is still in development, this is not some white wet dream for the south to imagine a place where slavery still exists. If you took two seconds to do any research, or were familiar with their work, or even with the types of stories HBO has always tried to tell, you would have known that. Through different perspectives, and by subverting different tropes, you will be able to make some interesting statements on the current climate and that should always be encouraged in art. Two of the main writers on the show, the Spellman's, are black, and have specifically said they will continue to challenge those constructs with a purpose (there will be no whips, no plantations, etc).

But it's ok, call them tools (maybe they actually are? I don't know), trash their work which you have not seen, and call them incapable of taking on a franchise after building this last one into the biggest TV show of all time, because hey, you get to come off as righteous for about two seconds. Its the trendy thing to do, after all. Tell us again how you never watched the show!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantsteed View Post
    Everyone meaning a bunch of cunts. It is one thing to critique creative choices, the season is far from perfect, but people are straight turning on the show, starting petitions to get it remade? (pure idiocy) And basically creating all kinds of made up narratives about why Martin is god, and these two are fucking up his work, with no context to the conversations that were had, what it is to come in future books, and designing a complete revisionist history in regards to everything that has come before, basically stripping them of all of the good work they have done to this point.

It's clear it's not about anything other than the final 6 not living up their own personal precisely crafted expectations and having a fucking tantrum about it. Entitled babies for the most part, but at least it's a credit to quality and the investment in the show to this point. If an artist paints a picture you don't like, do you ask them to redraw it? I think it's fair to suggest reasons why it is not sitting well with you, but that also should not ruin the 7 paintings before that either.

The final 6 episodes have been captivating and edge of your seat, and full of points to discuss, which I view as a positive, even when a few of the choices may feel strange or far off the mark. The Last Jedi did not ruin Star Wars (much to many a manbaby chagrin), as much as it made some brutally poor choices, and 6 episodes (which were still excellently made on a technical level) did not all of a sudden ruin Game of Thrones or prove Weiss and Benioff inept and incompetent, as GoT is one of the most impressive series ever produced, for many different reasons, and that will never change.

Star Wars will be in very capable hands with these two.

As far as Confederate, which apparently is still in development, this is not some white wet dream for the south to imagine a place where slavery still exists. If you took two seconds to do any research, or were familiar with their work, or even with the types of stories HBO has always tried to tell, you would have known that. Through different perspectives, and by subverting different tropes, you will be able to make some interesting statements on the current climate and that should always be encouraged in art. Two of the main writers on the show, the Spellman's, are black, and have specifically said they will continue to challenge those constructs with a purpose (there will be no whips, no plantations, etc).

But it's ok, call them tools (maybe they actually are? I don't know), trash their work which you have not seen, and call them incapable of taking on a franchise after building this last one into the biggest TV show of all time, because hey, you get to come off as righteous for about two seconds. Its the trendy thing to do, after all. Tell us again how you never watched the show!
    you seem to have missed the part where i said i wasn't attacking you, because you're acting very personally offended by my takes (which i admit are a bit over the top, it's in my nature). and again, not mocking or attacking you here, just trying to have a discussion.

aaaaaanyway, i never watched GoT because several people who know me very well warned me not to as it contains many things i would find upsetting in a way that would offset my enjoyment of the show, and there's enough entertainment out there to fill up my time. i just never cared that much to check it out.

i am glad that they seem to be going in a better direction with Confederate than i thought would happen when i initially heard about it. the crack about "two seconds to do research" is something that i feel like people throw out a lot in an argument and sometimes it's valid. in this case, i was going off what i knew in order to have a discussion. clearly things have changed since i last heard about it.

i do totally agree with your first two paragraphs, like 100%. it's the same people who tried to petition trent to remove "everything" from hesitation marks. not everything is meant to cater to every single person, and not every artist is going to consistently deliver stuff you like. and when that happens, you move on! not sure why people are so up in arms about it :/

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Naw I didn't take it personally, but I'm also not the same person you were engaging with previously, mine was more just a visceral reaction to calling two guys tools that you have no idea who they are or what the quality of their work is like, based on what was basically an internet rumor that you read. I desire ets to be above that kind of mob mentality/piling on. Like I said, they may actually be tools, but the speculative and derogatory nature of the comments doesn't help further any kind of engaging discussion either, so I thought that was worth calling out. And it was probably more of a defence of HBO in general too, who I can't imagine allowing a show like the one you envisioned to ever get close to air. All that said, I appreciate your thoughtful and reasonable response.

Back to Star Wars, this was quite exciting to watch (although slight spoilers if you are trying to go in 100% fresh)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I’d say this classifies as big news...

Ewan McGregor to return as Obi-Wan for Disney+ series.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd be so down for that. Ewan should get a chance to reprise the character.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Blaileen View Post
    I'd be so down for that. Ewan should get a chance to reprise the character.
    with better dialogue

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    with better dialogue
    The one thing that saved AOTC from being a total and complete failure was Ewan McGregor. He shined in every scene he was in. He was easily the best part of the prequels.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have a softer spot for the prequels than most, I think. Don't get me wrong, they're heavily flawed and could have been SO much better. They came out when I was 12-15 though, so I really didn't know what a shitty movie was back then.. I was entertained or I wasn't. The richness and diversity of the worlds shown, and the performances of Ewan McGregor, Sam Jackson, and Liam Neeson gave me at least SOMETHING to enjoy in each of them.

I would be all about Ewan getting a chance to shine with some GOOD material to chew on.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Awesome poster. I'm ready for the trailer!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I have a feeling (at least I'm hoping) that this will be the most "classic Star Wars" thing to come out since the original trilogy. Really looking forward to seeing a (non-smartphone-recorded) trailer for this as well as a new trailer for The Rise of Skywalker this weekend...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

God damn it looks badass.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 08-23-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Sure does! Getting some Mad Max vibes too.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It looks great. Although I will say everything about it is extremely unsurprising, that trailer plays out precisely how I'd imagine it to lol

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Damn! This looks like the most promising thing Disney has done with the franchise so far. The 4 movies had varying degrees of fan service, but not so much artistic value. If they can combine the grittyness with some originality, this is going to be a banger.

Do they release whole seasons like Netflix, or do we have to wait a week for each episode?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'd assume it'd be all at once, though since it's only 8 episodes I'm sure it'd be good to spread it out a bit since it'll be a while before season 2 drops.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I wasn't sure I was sold until the clip where the camera cut out right before the guy was decapitated by the closing door. I'm sold.

I think Disney has realized they've done some serious damage to the SW brand, and this looks like it's trying to get it right. I have high hopes.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I'd assume it'd be all at once, though since it's only 8 episodes I'm sure it'd be good to spread it out a bit since it'll be a while before season 2 drops.
    Oh, you'll have the mental fortitude to not binge it as fast as your time allows it? I can respect that, but that's not something I could ever do

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've been reading up on the mandalorian and it seems as if it will be released on a weekly basis....not all at once.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I read about this last night and as a big fan of the MCU and a big believer in Feige, I'm very excited about this prospect! Maybe he's the one who will finally make a Shadows of the Empire movie?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Isn't it obvious that he's going to make a movie based on one of the Marvel Star Wars comics? I mean, it's right there.