Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 91 to 117 of 117

Thread: Star Wars - Extended Universe

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,508
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,254
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Can you imagine how much $ Disney must be throwing at him to do this? That particularly talented guy....at this moment in his career...when Disney is fully aware of how much bad blood they've caused with the non-"oh just shut up & turn your brain off" part of the fan base over the past several films...he's got them by the balls. Good for him, and I hope he can give us something fresh.

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,186
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Loved his episode for the Mandalorian and he showed that he can do Sci-Fi. My only hope would be that he doesn't make it too quirky...

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,533
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    watched the first disney gallery episode on the mandalorian yesterday and it was great!

  5. #95
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,799
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)



  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Posts
    2,477
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Man that seems like a big reveal for the series through a casting announcement... But then again I appreciate tv not being fucking cagey about things these days.

    I will say that the influx of big characters from elsewhere in starwars has me a bit concerned.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,799
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,533
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    :: tears out hair and screams into the void ::

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,952
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I definitely do NOT think that Nicholas Hoult is a good enough actor to pull this off. I never really liked his take on Beast that much but he was pretty good in Fury Road. Regardless, didn't we already get the Palpatine prequel story in the Star Wars prequel trilogy?!? They desperately need some fresh NEW ideas for this franchise...

  10. #100
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,799
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)


    and confirmed:



    Last edited by allegate; 06-12-2020 at 01:04 PM.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,799
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)


    wow that looks nice.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,508
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 07-13-2020 at 11:48 AM.

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,186
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Hm, so it seems to me that they finally don't know where to go with the franchise these days. Especially after the backlash of the sequel trilogy.

    I mean, they still got it somehow. The Mandalorian seems to sit well with old and new fans alike, people loved Jedi: Fallen Order and the last season of Clone Wars had it's moments apparently. But was the Bad Batch one of it's redeeming qualities?

    At this time I only care about season 2 of The Mandalorian (which might end up to be way too clutered with camoes and old lore characters) and where the Ben Kenobi series takes us. The new Squadron game seems cheap, eventhough I love the aerial comabt in Star Wars and all the fuzz about the High Republic leaves me scratching my head.

    What would you guys like to see? Personally as a casual fan I really don't know at this time.

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,299
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Hm, so it seems to me that they finally don't know where to go with the franchise these days. Especially after the backlash of the sequel trilogy.
    Seems to me they had no idea where to take it starting with the sequel trilogy.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,799
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)


    I'm all for this.

    you know, if it ever gets off the ground.

  16. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,878
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    More Glover is ALWAYS a good thing!

  17. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,952
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn, how many new Star Wars projects are in development now? Remember when they said they were taking a break? LOL

    Just off the top of my head, projects in the pipeline include:
    • Kevin Feige movie(s)
    • Taika Waititi movie
    • Female-led series
    • Lando Calrissian series
    • The Bad Batch
    • Obi-wan Kenobe series
    • Cassian Andor series
    • Rian Johnson trilogy (Not sure that's still happening?)
    • Another trilogy from David Benioff and D. B. Weiss (I feel like these were cancelled, but I'm not sure)

    Not to mention new seasons of The Mandalorian and Clone Wars.

  18. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,254
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Damn, how many new Star Wars projects are in development now? Remember when they said they were taking a break? LOL

    Just off the top of my head, projects in the pipeline include:
    • Kevin Feige movie(s)
    • Taika Waititi movie
    • Female-led series
    • Lando Calrissian series
    • The Bad Batch
    • Obi-wan Kenobe series
    • Cassian Andor series
    • Rian Johnson trilogy (Not sure that's still happening?)
    • Another trilogy from David Benioff and D. B. Weiss (I feel like these were cancelled, but I'm not sure)

    Not to mention new seasons of The Mandalorian and Clone Wars.
    And this is exactly the problem.

  19. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,952
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I mean, I AM excited for several of them, but talk about over-saturating the market! Too many trips to the Star Wars well. I suppose you could say the same about Marvel & the MCU, but they've been MUCH more consistent.

  20. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,186
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That is indeed way too much eventhough it will most like be spread accross a timeframe of, let's say, 10 years? I'm only looking forward to the Mandalorian and Kenobi from that list and to some extent the Waititi movie, if he can make it work.

    The MCU is starting to fall apart as well or at least it looks like that to me with not so much interest in the upcoming movies after Endgame closed it off so nicely. I will most likely go and see Black Widow, but do I need that movie? No. Spider-Man? Well, it seems so far away still as well as Doctor Strange and Guardians 3. And The Eternals absolutely do nothing for me.

    I'd much rather like Star Wars to fire up their video game department once more. They seem to get at least that right after the huge fiasco with Battlefront II which has become an enjoyable game in the end. Fallen Order was nice as well and the new Squadron game looks excellent, too.

  21. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,508
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Welllllll.....

    Say goodbye to Ray Park as Darth Maul. He posted an IG video of getting a blowjob, his wife revealed that it wasn’t a hack but that he’s basically a pervert, and now his daughter has publicly stated that he’s an abusive asshole. So there’s that...

  22. #112
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    9,533
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Welllllll.....

    Say goodbye to Ray Park as Darth Maul. He posted an IG video of getting a blowjob, his wife revealed that it wasn’t a hack but that he’s basically a pervert, and now his daughter has publicly stated that he’s an abusive asshole. So there’s that...
    you know, i feel like it's really not hard not to be a piece of shit, and yet so many people are pieces of shit. why is that?

  23. #113
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    2,029
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Welllllll.....

    Say goodbye to Ray Park as Darth Maul. He posted an IG video of getting a blowjob, his wife revealed that it wasn’t a hack but that he’s basically a pervert, and now his daughter has publicly stated that he’s an abusive asshole. So there’s that...
    Where are these statements from his wife and daughter coming from, do they have twitter accounts or IG or something?

  24. #114
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    7,508
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Where are these statements from his wife and daughter coming from, do they have twitter accounts or IG or something?
    His wife since has said the posts claiming to be from his daughter are fake, but it’s a bonkers story.

    - Ray replied to a Daniel Logan (the Star Wars Episode II Boba Fett actor) IG post and accused him of having an affair with his wife.
    - Then he posted a video of his wife giving Logan a BJ in a act of revenge porn.
    - His wife confirmed the video was real but that the daughter’s posts weren’t.

  25. #115
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    2,799
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)

  26. #116
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    4,254
    Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    His wife since has said the posts claiming to be from his daughter are fake, but it’s a bonkers story.

    - Ray replied to a Daniel Logan (the Star Wars Episode II Boba Fett actor) IG post and accused him of having an affair with his wife.
    - Then he posted a video of his wife giving Logan a BJ in a act of revenge porn.
    - His wife confirmed the video was real but that the daughter’s posts weren’t.

  27. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    1,752
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Posting Permissions