Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events: schizophreniasdiary

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpapercuts View Post
    NIN hasn't denied involvement at any point. 42 Entertainment did.
    Maybe theirs a third party that is involved, I'm sure there are other companies that can do what 42 did for YZ.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Maybe theirs a third party that is involved, I'm sure there are other companies that can do what 42 did for YZ.
    "But 42E is mentioned in the AV PC"
    -What someone will say, probably.

(I still don't think there's an ARG)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    WOW, Trent has gone deep this time, too deep. It’s an ARG that has shed the A and the G, as the tracks are beginning to invasively rewrite reality. Employing some dark musical wizardry that is bending time, space, and events to mirror the EPs narrative. You should have just given him the show, HBO.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    WOW, Trent has gone deep this time, too deep. It’s an ARG that has shed the A and the G, as the tracks are beginning to invasively rewrite reality. Employing some dark musical wizardry that is bending time, space, and events to mirror the EPs narrative. You should have just given him the show, HBO.
    I personally think that the current state of US politics is just a big marketing campaign for Year Zero 2. I can't wait until Trump and Putin come out, take a bow, and start promoting the band.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It's just going to turn out that the EP's are just one giant Tide ad. Seriously, you get dirty when you open the NTAE packaging? Come on, you need to use Tide to get that off your clothes. The only endgame here is that Trent wants us all to be clean and shiny.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    It's just going to turn out that the EP's are just one giant Tide ad. Seriously, you get dirty when you open the NTAE packaging? Come on, you need to use Tide to get that off your clothes. The only endgame here is that Trent wants us all to be clean and shiny.
    Just how deep do you believe?
    Will you bite the Pod that cleans?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The third EP will be delivered personally by David Harbour and come packaged with a Tide pod, and then the circle will be complete.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Channard View Post
    The third EP will be delivered personally by David Harbour and come packaged with a Tide pod, and then the circle will be complete.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Man, I love reading both the speculation and the disbelief in this thread. Personally, I believe this is, at the very least 100% connected to NTAE. Whether it is 'ARG' or just something neat written long ago, I cannot say.

I will say that I feel something big is coming. EP3... NA Tour Dates... please hurry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    So the Add Violence Machine is a Washing Machine and Dryer control panel?

Brilliant!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    This last page is when I really hope teitan still lurks. We're not all assholes, see? We're also sarcastic jerks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Just how deep do you believe?
    Will you bite the Pod that cleans?

Will you bite the Pod that cleans you?
    Can it get stains off your sheets?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok here is my two cents on the matter so far. Firstly I don't think there is an ARG to be solved. I did at first, when NTAE was released, but it dawned on me then that it would be a little too obvious considering he has already done that before a decade ago. However, I do think there are certain things in the booklets/covers and even contained within the music of these EPs which point us in a certain direction as a sort of world/lore building exercise, if we are that way inclined. More so on NTAE than on AV so far for me. (I mean the whole EP is like one giant question)

I think there is a reason for all of the musical/lyrical/packaging callbacks. It all feels like a fuzzy memory of something that may or may not have happened. Maybe that is as far as it goes and that is the idea he is trying to convey, I don't really know, but I feel we are being gently nudged towards something.

While I was thinking about it earlier and listening to NTAE, it occurred to me that the main guitar riff in BB(FOF) is a lot like the riff from Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now), only slowed down and pitched down an octave or so. Try it yourselves, the progression at the very least is similar. Funnily enough it was the same guitarist credited on both. I'm not saying it is the same take but there might be something there in the similarity and if there is, I think it is a crumb thrown our way but not the key to an ARG or anything. Just another example of the fuzzy memory theme seemingly (to me) running through the EP. Another example is the Piano in TITP which sort of resembles something off YZ but is probably not a sample from it.

Now, regarding the blog mentioned here. There is no way it is coincidental. No way. I think it was left there too obviously with the chicken wing and whatnot, and he would know somebody would sooner or later google it. He certainly knows at this stage how fervent the fanbase are and how deeply they (we) will look into every small detail. I don't think he necessarily did or didn't put that blog there in the first place but we are pointed to it as his source of inspiration for a reason.

On the website for AV it says that a narrative becomes clearer through the unsung lyrics, and yet it is only now that anybody has googled them. I reckon whatever he wants us to see or consider is already right there and waiting for us to see but more as a food for thought type of thing or as I already mentioned a world/lore building exercise. The serial numbers will probably have something to do with something in the finish, too, I guess.

Or maybe I am way off the mark(ov generator) but it is fun thinking about it.

Lastly, a lot of people here really need to calm down. That whole shit about harassing some poor anonymous schizophrenic seems to me like a desperate attempt to elicit any sort of response from the man himself or his representatives. Messaging his wife and all.... I mean people saying he is some sort of charlatan going around the web stealing other peoples' ideas and bringing the full weight of NIN fandom down on this poor unfortunate anonymous soul and such as well..... Seriously. Get a life. All art is inspired from something or other.

Anyone else here mining a similar seam of thought?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FieldOnFire View Post
    Just as an aside, regarding the Serial Numbers for the Physical Component all beginning with the number '24' - I'd direct your attention to the Year Zero Numbers, all of which begin with 24.

Entry can be found here on ninwiki - http://www.nin.wiki/Year_Zero_Numbers#24.18.1

I'm not even slightly convinced that there's an ARG here, but thought it was interesting.
    Hi,

24 is 42 in reverse (like 42Entertanment).
    is that a coïncidence, I don't think so (lol).

You're welcome.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eferre View Post
    Hi,

24 is 42 in reverse (like 42Entertanment).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Year Zero is Halo 24.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    Year Zero is Halo 24.
    Year Zero is also two four letter words.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm sure by this point someone in disguise would have popped in and dropped some hints and directions.

Last ARG I was single without children, now I'm lucky to have a fee minute. So when TR said something about the backside of the vinyl slip being important I was a bit let down that I wouldn't be able to participate and join in the fun.

So I'm not in the loop... did anything ever come into fruition?
    Last edited by snaapz; 03-01-2018 at 09:58 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I'm sure by this point someone in disguise would have popped in and dropped some hints and directions.

Last ARG I was single without children, now I'm lucky to have a fee minute. So when TR said something about the backside of the vinyl slip being important I was a bit let down that I wouldn't be able to participate and join in the fun.

So I'm not in the loop... did anything ever come into fruition?
    Yup. Year Zero 2. It was okay.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Yup. Year Zero 2. It was okay.
    It's also the most excited the collective fanbase has been about new NIN in maybe a decade.

For good reason, too; it's fucking great.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    It's also the most excited the collective fanbase has been about new NIN in maybe a decade.

For good reason, too; it's fucking great.
    I'm not so out of the loop that Y_Z 2 would go unnoticed. I am after all a hard target, and during Y_Z I was a remix mod for nin.com/remix.

Mind you with recent nuke naming in Russia and the state of the world it would be interesting to see an album / 3rd release titled 'GOODBYE AMERICA'.

I mean, all good things...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snaapz View Post
    I was a remix mod for nin.com/remix.
    God, I forget about that from time to time. I do miss doing that, and the forum we had, and it was cool to have direct communication with Rob. (I was the_wretched over on The Spiral)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astfgyl View Post
    [...]listening to NTAE, it occurred to me that the main guitar riff in BB(FOF) is a lot like the riff from Piggy (Nothing Can Stop Me Now), only slowed down and pitched down an octave or so. Try it yourselves, the progression at the very least is similar. Funnily enough it was the same guitarist credited on both. I'm not saying it is the same take but there might be something there in the similarity and if there is, I think it is a crumb thrown our way but not the key to an ARG or anything. Just another example of the fuzzy memory theme seemingly (to me) running through the EP. Another example is the Piano in TITP which sort of resembles something off YZ but is probably not a sample from it.[...]

Anyone else here mining a similar seam of thought?
    All of what you said has been covered quite a bit, but that part right here is really interesting. Tightens the narrative.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Add Violence video features a game called Polybius.

Polybius Squares are a common cipher used to translate codes.

Everyone who got an Add Violence physical component got a mysterious code.

Polybius Squares are commonly used with the Japanese Hiragana alphabet.

NTAE contains hidden text that leads to a website. Both the lyrics and the website mention infected Japanese.

...but it's not an ARG, guys.

Not to mention the J panel pic TR posted with the word Nescience, or the time he came right out and told us the back cover to the Add Violence EP is important. Important why?

Meh, no reason. It's not an ARG.
    Last edited by mrpapercuts; 03-04-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Polybius Squares are a common cipher used to translate codes

Polybius Squares are commonly used with Japanese figures.

...but it's not an ARG.
    I just quit worrying about the non-believers, my friend.
    You and the rest of the amazing, genius humans will be in the discord having fun!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Polybius Squares are a common cipher used to translate codes.

Polybius Squares are commonly used with the Japanese Hiragana alphabet.

NTAE contains hidden text that leads to a website. Both the lyrics and the website mention infected Japanese.

...but it's not an ARG, guys.

Not to mention the J panel pic TR posted with the word Nescience, or the time he came right out and told us the back cover to the Add Violence EP is important. Important why?

Meh, no reason. It's not an ARG.
    Don't ask me why, but your post makes me think of this

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Who is Kraw again?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I believe he did the artwork for the first 2 EP's

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Also, I'm a little surprised that no one is mentioning the Jermaine Rogers artwork for the Houston show.
    He recently put more out for sale, they are already sold out though.
    Reason I mention it though is that I never noticed the title for it before, "The Choice We've Made". Which seems like it could be a song title.
    Then the words underneath it in the description it says " We stand around with our teeth in our mouths, and we take it.
    We watch the desecration, day after day. We forget that we have hands." Seems like those could be lyrics