Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events: schizophreniasdiary

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpapercuts View Post
    Does anyone else have serial numbers that tie to stocks or investment info?

Is there a place where we could find stock/investment info on the following two companies, if they exist?

Ekobudis - Integrated building systems
    Leut268 - Caviar group
    Mine does, it leads here: http://www.fxlog.co.uk/all-brokers
    Does anyone have a way to get a group chat going?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahdriley View Post
    Mine does, it leads here: http://www.fxlog.co.uk/all-brokers
    Does anyone have a way to get a group chat going?

Discord servers are perfect for that kind of thing.

https://discord.gg/HGyesEF

That's a permanent link to a new Discord where we can collect data on specific clues-paths.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Discord servers are perfect for that kind of thing.

https://discord.gg/HGyesEF

That's a permanent link to a new Discord where we can collect data on specific clues-paths.
    YAS! Thanks so much!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    From the AV Physical Component: underneath the credit for 42Entertainment someone named Church Lieu is given credit for "Additional<ConceptDev>", he's also an author in a Journal found here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...entist-journal

I haven't read his entry in this journal and doubt there's a connection here, but there might be some insight on his writing style within his entry in that journal. I haven't really started looking at how to obtain that journal yet, if anyone can find it, PM, seems like an interesting read to begin with

Edit - Digital Copy on Amazon can be had for $4: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LWYR5KM...preview_kcr-20

Again, there most likely isn't a connection here, just pointing out someone Trent has worked with and some other work they have done.
    Last edited by d1stinct; 02-23-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dug out my Add Violence vinyl. It has two numbers hand scratched onto each side.

Side A has
    28411.1(3)...
    and
    BOO27267-01-A

Side B has
    28411.2(3)...
    and
    BOO27267-01-B

I'm fairly certain the BOO____-01-A number is a standard vinyl identification number, but the other one seems odd.

I am checking my other vinyls to see what they have. Does everyone have these same numbers? They are located around the center ring and can be seen by tilting the record under light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Deviations vinyls have a very similar BOO number scratched into each, and the words Halo 30.

They each have a number that is NOT hand scratched, 44014 for the first disc, 44015 for the second, 44016 for third and 44017 for fourth. Probably just cataloging numbers for identification purposes, unless other people have different numbers on theirs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks to whomever started the Serial Number collection, I've added mine.
    There's a collection? Would like to see if mine is in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For The Fragile the unscratched numbers go 43731, 43733 and 43734.

Perhaps 43732 is an important number.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey, I've been following this thread the last few days and I wanna contribute but I have no idea where to find the serial number of Add violence, sorry to ask such a stupid question but how do I find it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Another person has confirmed that Googling their Serial Number takes them to stock related info. Does this happen for all of the Serial Numbers collected?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 24hourmurderhouse View Post
    Hey, I've been following this thread the last few days and I wanna contribute but I have no idea where to find the serial number of Add violence, sorry to ask such a stupid question but how do I find it?
    It's on the "physical component", inside the cover of the red book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With The Fragile is a download link, and the download code is eight digits, just like the Serial Numbers. The download link is http://getmy.media/TheFragile.

So we've been looking for an alternative http://getmy.media/ address to use the download links.
    Have you tried https://www.umusicpromo.com/snuganddry/ ?

In all seriousness, if you plug "site:umusicpromo.com" into a google search you can see a few spots on their site, but not much. I tried running various searches on the site, but it's pretty locked down from what I can see. I'm not sure that there's anything there.

I also want to say that this post looks to be 100% correct. That blog was run through a Markov generator, and some of the results became the added lyrics. Whether we were intended to find this or not is another question.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Dug out my Add Violence vinyl. It has two numbers hand scratched onto each side.

Side A has
    28411.1(3)...
    and
    BOO27267-01-A

Side B has
    28411.2(3)...
    and
    BOO27267-01-B

I'm fairly certain the BOO____-01-A number is a standard vinyl identification number, but the other one seems odd.

I am checking my other vinyls to see what they have. Does everyone have these same numbers? They are located around the center ring and can be seen by tilting the record under light.
    The Deviations vinyls have a very similar BOO number scratched into each, and the words Halo 30.

They each have a number that is NOT hand scratched, 44014 for the first disc, 44015 for the second, 44016 for third and 44017 for fourth. Probably just cataloging numbers for identification purposes, unless other people have different numbers on theirs.
    those are matrix numbers (pressing plant) and catalog numbers (record label), it's a standard thing to have etched in the dead wax.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Looking at those two columns, seems pretty clear the more likely outcome (to me) is that this is an ARG
    Amazing how we can look at the same facts and come to opposite conclusions.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Amazing how we can look at the same facts and come to opposite conclusions.
    This thread is off the rails. If it was a clue, I’m pretty sure stocks are the wrong path.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I must have missed something. What do the AV serial numbers have to do with that guys blog in the OP?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I must have missed something. What do the AV serial numbers have to do with that guys blog in the OP?
    Yeah, I'm confused on this too. I think there were just some users who thought that maybe since there is a Wordpress Blog out there that's been around since 2011 and is 99.9% connected to the NINEP world, that it's possible that if we look at patterns in the serial numbers that we all have, that there may be a clue as to where to go next. I think the serial number topic should have its own thread, so I'm making one and will edit with the link when it's up.

That being said, the only search result my serial number brings up is stock related and goes to here.

EDIT: SERIAL NUMBER DISCUSSION GOES HERE. http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...549#post396549

Please keep this topic for wordpress discussion.
    Last edited by 2020k; 02-23-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The Add Violence vinyl has an odd number on it, 28411.1(3)... and 28411.2(3)...
    Can anyone with Add Violence on vinyl confirm if they have the same numbers?
    Can somebody check the NTAE vinyl for a similar number? Maybe we can figure out what the number for the third EP would be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    FWIW, the owner of the blog is listed under the name "Anon Blogger"
    <meta property="profile:first_name" content="Anon" />
    <meta property="profile:last_name" content="Blogger" />

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    those are matrix numbers (pressing plant) and catalog numbers (record label), it's a standard thing to have etched in the dead wax.
    Beautiful, thank you!

Do you know if the Add Violence numbers 28411.1(3)... and 28411.2(3)... are anything similar?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrobthehuman View Post
    FWIW, the owner of the blog is listed under the name "Anon Blogger"
    It's a clue!

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I, too, will eat my hat if this blog isn't NIN related. It also very much reminds me of the WSB/Outside era Bowie cut up method.

It's very possible that 42 is denying participation and claiming NIN isn't involved because they're SUPPOSED to. Based on trent's interviews on the subject, perhaps he wishes to create a new kind of ARG; one that doesn't admit that it's an ARG.
    Also, sorry if this has been mentioned, but the blog mentioned being on/off meds. This makes me think of the medicine visible in the video for TITP.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I want this to be another ARG, I really do. But the YZ ARG had much clearer breadcrumbs: the different colored letters on the shirt that led to the first website, the USB stick with brand new, unreleased NIN music, everything connected with similar serial numbers starting with 24, etc.
    This feels too scattered.

Another reason I want this to be an ARG is that the alternative is Reznor is plagiarizing from a mentally unstable person, which is pretty fucking awful. If it were just a line or two for inspiration, okay, sure, nothing is new, everything is borrowed, but looking at the blog and Branches side by side?

Thing is...I don't think Reznor is that stupid. This is the fucking internet, nothing is hidden. Also, we're fucking Nine Inch Nails fans, we're going to search and cross reference EVERY LINE of NIN lyrics to find deeper/hidden meaning. One of us was going to find this at some point.

This is either next level ARG-ing or Reznor got shitty and sloppy in one fell swoop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I want this to be another ARG, I really do. But the YZ ARG had much clearer breadcrumbs: the different colored letters on the shirt that led to the first website, the USB stick with brand new, unreleased NIN music, everything connected with similar serial numbers starting with 24, etc.
    This feels too scattered.
    THIS. But, I feel like the bread crumbs were clearer because NIN was still tied to a mainstream record label at the release of Year Zero and 42 Entertainment was involved, so it was 42's job to make it somewhat accessible, especially because I think I remember Trent saying something along the lines of Interscope thinking the ARG was a dumb idea. Since it's most likely the NIN Camp is doing all of this on their own, independently, they can now get as obscure as they want, which means, in some cases, seemingly messy and unorganized, like the roll out of this blog discovery has been, and, quite frankly, the marketing for the first 2 EPs have been messy in their blurred "is this an ARG vs no?" lines as well.

It's fine. I like it this way. It feels more artsy.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    By default, and this is world wide, admins log into their wordpress site by adding wp-admin to the end of their web address...

I.e.
    https://schizophreniasdiary.wordpress.com/wp-admin

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Holy shit I logged into the wordpress dashboard?!?

Edit nevermind i think it just created a wordpress.com profile for me...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So apologies if this has been discussed before. But when 42 entertainment is credited with world integration and execution, what does that even fucking mean? Did they make the component(s) and the video for this is not the place, and that's it? Doesn't seem like a lot, off the top of my head, to warrant that title in the credits.
    For the record, I do not believe this is an arg. Just curious as to their role during this era.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events: schizophreniasdiary

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessLoveless View Post
    So apologies if this has been discussed before. But when 42 entertainment is credited with world integration and execution, what does that even fucking mean? Did they make the component(s) and the video for this is not the place, and that's it? Doesn't seem like a lot, off the top of my head, to warrant that title in the credits.
    For the record, I do not believe this is an arg. Just curious as to their role during this era.
    If they made the component for AV, the simulated machine, the pseudo-computer code and the video, it makes sense that they'd get credit for it. It's certainly a little more involved than graphic design.

Also, for another mark against this being an ARG, NTAE has no credit for 42 Entertainment on Discogs or Wikipedia. It seems odd that this blog that inspired a couple of lines and a song title off NTAE would be ARG based given both the denial that it's 42 or the NIN camp, AND their apparent non-involvement on the sleeve.

As you said, I think the ARG thing is kind of grasping at straws at this point. A denial of 42 or NIN's involvement is a denial, not a hint that they're somehow not actually denying it. I definitely take inspiration and will even quote things when I write, and I'm pretty sure Trent does as well. I believe he's fine with us finding it or he would have disguised it a little better. I guess I understand the squeamishness considering the suffering of the person involved, but it is a public blog, and was posted when the person was feeling well again. Wasn't NTAE made a little too quickly for it to have an ARG anyway? Didn't YZ take months and months of planning? And what kind of ARG would made just to reveal a person is saying "I'm a schizophrenic."

I'd be happy to eat my words but I think it's a little more inspiration (again, phrases are used outright but it's not like the whole of the blog is the entirety of the song, let alone the EP itself) and a lot less an ARG. It's a really interesting find, and to be honest, the text of the site and B/B is really unhinged in a great way that would be hard to fake - looks exactly like gangstalking videos and other posts I've seen from unfortunately unwell people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    NIN hasn't denied involvement at any point. 42 Entertainment did.