Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Beer!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    Affligem Blond, Leffe Blond, Hoegaarden. all are easy to find and cost less than $10 for a 6 pack = WIN
    OK, convinced. I'm stopping by the store for one or all of these tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm a big fan of Belgian style brews. I will have to try the aforementioned Affligem. If I had to pick a favorite it would be:

Also, possibly of interest to some of you folks. A couple friends of mine are working on a big beer database that allows you to keep track of, rate, and comment on beers you've had. Also has a friend list built in so that you can recommend beers to people. It hasn't launched yet, but there's a landing page up with a signup: www.brewtrackr.com

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    as far as mexican beers are concerned, it doesn't get much better than this:

pacifico: beats the pants off of corona/dos equis/negra modelo. especially awesome in the summertime with some grapefruit juice thrown in there!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    I'm not a huge beer drinker, but recently I've been jonesing for this one and bought a six pack the other day. I think I will crack one this evening.

Also, when I travel, I always want to go to a local pub and get a local brew. I like Sierra Nevada in California and Shiner Boch while in Texas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Drinking Arrogant Bastard IPA while working on something catered for people with ADD who love Hollywood stories.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    also for the holidays this boy is the yummers! it's basically aged beer

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    at any given time the fridge contains one of (and sometimes all of) these: Affligem Blond, Leffe Blond, Hoegaarden. all are easy to find and cost less than $10 for a 6 pack = WIN
    I love these, but unfortunately I can only get Hoegaarden in my state that controls religion-hating liquor. Hoegaarden, in Belgium, was what let me enjoy beer at all. I honestly can't get into spirits much anymore since I don't like them straight (whiskey, etc) and mixers are usually too sweet. Darker beers and creamy red wines are my thing lately.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post
    Drinking Arrogant Bastard IPA while working on something catered for people with ADD who love Hollywood stories.

Somewhere in Oregon, John just blew a load.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgo View Post

Wait...are you drinking Stone IPA, or are you drinking Arrogant Bastard? They're both delicious, but they're two extremely different brews.

Also, I'd highly suggest a visit to BeerAdvocate.com for anyone who's interested in beer on any level whatsoever. Everything from tips for complete beer noobs to shouting matches between beer snobs over the most meticulous details of a large number of beers. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Oh what I wouldn't give to have a Yuengling.
    Where do you live? You probably have tasty beer that I can't get. And Yuengling flows like water in PA. I believe we can come to some sort of arrangement (yes, I've done this before).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    also for the holidays this boy is the yummers! it's basically aged beer
    A Christmas Ale is more than just aged beer. They usually have spices like nutmeg and cinnamon in them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well yeah, it even says so on the label. I just meant that what makes this particular christmas ale special was that it gets better as it ages. But not like anyone would be buying those now and drink then next year. If you can find it in a beer and wine store it's likely that it's already aged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    And Yuengling flows like water in PA.
    Indeed. I enjoy it but don't go out of my way to order it unless I'm looking to keep my tab cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also love Belgian/style beers. This is what I have on hand right now;

I think I'll crack the Three Philosophers tonight in celebration of the solstice, I haven't tried this one yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wait...are you drinking Stone IPA, or are you drinking Arrogant Bastard? They're both delicious, but they're two extremely different brews.

Also, I'd highly suggest a visit to BeerAdvocate.com for anyone who's interested in beer on any level whatsoever. Everything from tips for complete beer noobs to shouting matches between beer snobs over the most meticulous details of a large number of beers. Good stuff.
    Yep - I meant Stone. I have another bottle of Arrogant Bastard in my fridge and I somehow got that messed up. The brewery is also fun to visit here, and when you leave - you can take a growler of your favorite beer:

(I don't know if you can tell - but that's 64 ounces.)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Oh believe me, I know all about visiting Stone...although sadly, I have yet to actually do it. I've promised myself that when I finally hit San Diego on a tour, I'll try to break off between line check and doors and get to the brewery. Did you happen to see any of their big bottles while they were there? My best friend's brother gave him one of the 3L bottles - complete with padlocked swing-top lid - for Christmas a few years ago. I was pretty jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Did you happen to see any of their big bottles while they were there? My best friend's brother gave him one of the 3L bottles - complete with padlocked swing-top lid - for Christmas a few years ago. I was pretty jealous.
    Heh, I saw one of those at the local store a few years ago. It was way too expensive so I didn't get it. We have a good amount of Stone available here in Michigan, but nowhere near what's available to you guys I'm sure. The biggest brewery here is Bell's. I don't know if that's even made it out west yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, has anyone tried this? Found it today... probably trying it out tonight. I'm a huge Guinness fan so I'll probably instantly hate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So, has anyone tried this? Found it today... probably trying it out tonight. I'm a huge Guinness fan so I'll probably instantly hate it.
    I have and it was alright. I'm not a big fan of Guinness in general so I didn't expect much out of that one. I'd definitely drink it again. My favorite from then was their 250th anniversary stout.

We took some bottles back today and then did a little beer shopping for the holidays. This is most of the beer aisle at the store (minus the cooler):

And these are the highlights of what we got:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    /\ that looks glorious! I love stores that know what they're doing. I have one around me but not quite as nice as that. Please let us know about Ta Henket, dying to try that and haven't found it yet.

I love Stone Brewery too, all of their stuff I've tried so far has been great. Would love to visit that place one day. Just picked up a bottle of the 11.11.11 Vertical Epic Ale. I like how they have had one for each year.. 11.11.11, 10.10.10, 09.09.09, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by demgoth View Post
    Please let us know about Ta Henket, dying to try that and haven't found it yet.
    Yeah, I love that store. I could drop $2k in there EASY. If I had that much to spend on beer... Anyway, definitely will let you know how the Ta Henket is. They just got those two and the Bitch's Brew in yesterday and the Bitch's Brew was already gone today. They said they got 3 cases of it and it was limited to 1 bottle per person. I'm gonna be trying the Ta Henket after the new year hits when I'll be back down this way. Heading up to visit family tomorrow. Got someone who's going to split their bottle of Sam Adams Infinium with me. Really excited about that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    I have and it was alright. I'm not a big fan of Guinness in general so I didn't expect much out of that one. I'd definitely drink it again. My favorite from then was their 250th anniversary stout.

We took some bottles back today and then did a little beer shopping for the holidays. This is most of the beer aisle at the store (minus the cooler):

And these are the highlights of what we got:

Good God, man! My husband would go crazy. Gotta keep that pic from him.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Looks like Binny's.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfoot View Post
    Got someone who's going to split their bottle of Sam Adams Infinium with me. Really excited about that.
    Sorry to hear that. I felt the same way last year, as did a number of my friends. We all split our respective bottles with family over the holidays...and not a single person liked it.

Shame to hear you missed out on Bitches Brew. I had it at a tap takeover last year, and loved it. A few weeks ago, I happened to luck out and walk into a store an hour away that was stocking it that morning. Saving that one for a particularly snowy and shitty night.

Side note: Double Bastard and poutine has proven to be an exceptionally delicious pairing, but makes me fart like nothing I've ever had before. Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone here like Ubu? I just got a job last month as a brewer at Lake Placid Pub & Brewery, I guarantee it's better on draft than it is in six packs. If anyone's in the area come in and stop by for a beer or a tour!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Noël selection bitches!

in some ways DC is awesome.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I had the Goose one about 3 weeks ago. It was Christmas in mah mouth.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Had a 2009 Goose Island Bourbon County Stout during the Bills game today. After dinner, I'm splitting up a 2008 Brooklyn Black Ops with my family.

Yum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice! I actually just bought a 4-pack of 2011 Goose Island Bourbon County and a bottle of 2011 Brooklyn Black Ops. Never had either before this year.. and so far I've just had one bottle of the Goose Island and it was a lot stronger than I thought it would be, not a bad thing though. I gave one to a friend so I have two left that I'll probably save. Also will probably be saving the Black Ops for some occasion down the road. Right now on this Christmas Eve I have enjoyed an Anchor 2011 Our Special Ale (a.k.a. the Christmas Ale), a Chimay Triple, and just now cracked open a 2011 Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. Happy Holidays to all!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm a big Samuel Adams fan and I happened to find this beauty in a local store (30 miles from my home).

Important notes:
    Alpine Spring - New seasonal available in 6pks, 12pks, and on draft in early January
    Mighty Oak Ale - Exclusive to the Brewer's Choice pack
    Whitewater IPA - Available year-round 6pks in Feb.
    Attachment 56

http://beernews.org/2011/11/samuel-a...ut-in-january/