Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Fragility 1.0 Tour Projections Source Tape

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_tic_begins View Post
    No worries.
    Link works? Uploading mp4 atm.
    Amazing, link works, for those who's asking, it's a PAL 4/3 576p 25 fps Xvid+128kbps MP3. It got sounds, strange grey stuff on the left but great picture.

Edit: Ok it's fragility 1.0
    Last edited by ninjaw; 04-03-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Amazing, links works, for those who's asking, it's a PAL 4/3 576p 25 fps Xvid+128kbps MP3. It got sounds, strange grey stuff on the left but great picture.

However I don't understand why we don't see the man jumping in water ? what fragility is that 1.0 ?

Edit: It says middle section, so it should be the same as dvd ?
    Fragility 1.0, its a direct copy from the source tape.
    All files are in pal as that's the source tape and im in Aus (pal region).

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Fragility 1.0, its a direct copy from the source tape.
    All files are in pal as that's the source tape and im in Aus (pal region).
    Thx, don't worry I don't mind, just wanted to give details, (gonna instagram that on ninnewsfr right now)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll have to check it out later. Thanks for nabbing this and having someone convert it. Every time someone goes out of their way for The Greater Good of the NIN community gets an easy +1 for sure.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Referenced before, but someone is putting this on youtube right?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    This is very cool stuff. I was hoping to see more variety in the footage, as it is mostly ocean and underwater shots, but still very cool. Makes me miss this era, as the Fragile is my favorite NIN album.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This was fun. Thanks to all involved. It's great that a footnote to a major era of our favorite artist has been taken back by the community and now can be annotated and viewed by all whenever we want to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Beautiful footage! The true gem. It makes me appreciate these certain songs on a different level. There were the moments when I thought, "How did they manage to capture this?" I can only imagine how terrific that looked during a Fragility v1.0 show from an audience's point of view. The footage fits the songs perfectly (especially 'The Way Out Is Through').

the_tic_begins, thank you so much for sharing this!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    It has sound, its alittle grainy. Heres avi, uploading mov and mp4 now. Will take alittle will.
    Leviathant get it on youtube :0 , everyone else. ENJOY.

Avi is 300mb, mov is 3.9 gig and mp4 is 1.3.
    Will update post as uploaded

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xmbl39...ragile_avi.avi

http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8q99a...ragile_mp4.mp4

Will put up mov first thing tomorrow, mediafire is taking ages to upload atm
    the real MVP

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    Referenced before, but someone is putting this on youtube right?
    I was hoping to take care of that, but as it turns out, I'm in an airport on my way to the Pacific Northwest, and am not near my video editing stuff. I'll do a big announcement type thing late next week when I'm home again. It's going to take me two hours to download this from the airport wifi (or my phone, thanks Mediafire), but my next flight leaves in an hour. Anyone else that can post this to YouTube oughta do it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I was hoping to take care of that, but as it turns out, I'm in an airport on my way to the Pacific Northwest, and am not near my video editing stuff. I'll do a big announcement type thing late next week when I'm home again. It's going to take me two hours to download this from the airport wifi (or my phone, thanks Mediafire), but my next flight leaves in an hour. Anyone else that can post this to YouTube oughta do it.
    I can do it right now!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So, I uploaded it, and immediately got a copyright claim. Any ideas how to bypass this?

The claims are audio-based, would I do better uploading a silent version with download links to the original?
    Nevermind, not a problem, see below.
    Last edited by Pyract; 04-03-2018 at 01:27 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    So, I uploaded it, and immediately got a copyright claim. Any ideas how to bypass this?

The claims are audio-based, would I do better uploading a silent version with download links to the original?
    Doesn't look like a problem. Says there's no viewing restrictions. UMG is just monetizing it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Doesn't look like a problem. Says there's no viewing restrictions. UMG is just monetizing it.
    Ah ok. Here's the link:

Also added them for download to nindestruct.com:
    MP4: http://nindestruct.com/videos/Fragile%20mp4.mp4
    AVI: http://nindestruct.com/videos/Fragile%20avi.avi
    Last edited by Pyract; 04-03-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    many thanks to everyone who made this available!
    Last edited by hologram parade; 04-03-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Gracias homes.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I uploaded it to my youtube too, but my internet is pitifully slow so I took a nap and looks like you beat me to it @Pyract

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I havent been able to get the .mov version uploaded. Mediafire keeps feezing the upload at around 60%. Will try a different fileshare tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now here's something I'd like to do: Remaster the tape. Like editing the grey band on the left, the horizontal scan lines on the left, addition of remastered audio, etc. etc. etc. I'd like to give my hand at the audio, since I don't know much about video remastering.
    Not saying to completely remove the raw tape footage in favor of a remaster, but I'd like to have a go at remastering what we have.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I havent been able to get the .mov version uploaded. Mediafire keeps feezing the upload at around 60%. Will try a different fileshare tonight.
    If you want to upload them to the archive's FTP. I will have them available for download there if I can help.

Thanks for unearthing these. They are awesome.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Excellent work; thank you!

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    First of all, thank you very much!

One observation: there seems to be an excessive amount of dot crawl in these transfers. It is noticeable even on a CRT display. My suspicion is that the source tape is nowhere near this plagued with the problem. Are there seller provided screenshots available, preferrably at 1280x720, for comparison?

These might be better off at 50p instead of 25. This might also help remedy some of the compression artifacts caused by motion blur/frame rate. I understand the artifacts are not 100% avoidable due to the nature of DV.

Again, thank you!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I did my best trying to clean the audio and the video of the tape. It's far from perfect but I thought of it more like an exercise for me or something, I'm sure that this will get a proper remaster from someone that knows more about this things that me, anyway, here it is.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mauro995 View Post
    I did my best trying to clean the audio and the video of the tape. It's far from perfect but I thought of it more like an exercise for me or something, I'm sure that this will get a proper remaster from someone that knows more about this things that me, anyway, here it is.
    Wow very nice work, looks much better than the source and less than 24 hours after first upload.

Fuck I love this community.

Can anyone recommend a file share site that will allow me to upload 4 gig as a single file.

Or how do I upload it to the FTP.
    I could also send someone a usb with the .mov file to upload.
    Last edited by the_tic_begins; 04-04-2018 at 04:35 AM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Wow very nice work, looks much better than the source and less than 24 hours after first upload.
    Fuck I love this community.
    Can anyone recommend a file share site that will allow me to upload 4 gig as a single file.
    Or how do I upload it to the FTP.
    I could also send someone a usb with the .mov file to upload.
    Upload to www.jheberg.net that will upload everywhere, including Uptobox, the most used site to share big files... yes it's not free but numberous ppl got debrid paid account, as me. I can of course reupload in a few minutes or host it directly on my fast box. That's what I do everytime

EDIT : plz note that jheberg can be 10x time faster than ninlive !! (that is if you can go that upload speed lol)
    Why not re-uploading two others files ? Here's copies :
    http://jheberg.net/captcha/fragile-avi/
    http://jheberg.net/captcha/fragile-mp4/
    Last edited by ninjaw; 04-04-2018 at 06:14 AM. Reason: added uploads

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Amazing to see this again after nearly 20 years - thanks to everyone involved!

Now to sync to the audio from the December 1st show...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Upload to www.jheberg.net that will upload everywhere, including Uptobox, the most used site to share big files... yes it's not free but numberous ppl got debrid paid account, as me. I can of course reupload in a few minutes or host it directly on my fast box. That's what I do everytime

EDIT : plz note that jheberg can be 10x time faster than ninlive !! (that is if you can go that upload speed lol)
    Why not re-uploading two others files ? Here's copies :
    http://jheberg.net/captcha/fragile-avi/
    http://jheberg.net/captcha/fragile-mp4/

Site sets off my antivirus, it has a bitcoin miner??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Great work thanks to all who were involved to make this happen and sharing it. I'm always fascinated with NIN and HTDAs ocean references.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Site sets off my antivirus, it has a bitcoin miner??
    Wow I really don't know, but I went no more than 4min on it, as each time... It is extremely fast, I don't think it's the idea of a hidden bitcoin miner, also, to download I don't need to go on it since freeware take care of that for me.
    However that kind of website require rights to access to big files on your hard drive, and it does it really fast, it can looks suspicious, maybe this is just ads ? I don't know I hide them.

However, even if it's mining bitcoin, it's so fast and powerful, that I wouldn't mind ! I prefer that that to ridiculous adverts (since it doesn't affect performance)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Wife dropped off tape today. Up to two weeks for conversion. Fingers crossed its asap. Soon as ive got usb back in hand. Will upload files and send Admins links to upload to youtube and share with all etc. (Not to savy with youtube uploading)
    I cant wait to see it myself.

Till then..... the wait .
    You've made a lot of people happy, thanks a lot for your hard work - and whomever also played a role in getting this footage out!