Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Ryan Adams

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Ryan Adams

No RA thread?! Now there is.

All this time, I somehow never heard any of this guy's stuff (I'd heard of the name a lot, the confusion with Bryan Adams, and saw an album cover I thought was Robert Smith lol), or so I think...till just the other week, through his latest album Prisoner, which I rate nearly 10/10. Really special to me now.

Here's a favorite of mine from that record...

Bonus video...

BEWARE: AWESOME GUITAR TONES

I'm now about to dive in to hear the 17 or 19 tracks comprised fully of b-sides from that record (Spotify)!
    Last edited by Amaro; 02-09-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Been a huge fan going back to the Whiskeytown and Heartbreaker days...I wouldn't even wanna begin to recommend anything since I've got every album (we're talkin' Sad Dracula and all the Pax Am singles deep here)...he's so damn prolific. I'd start from the beginning though for sure.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Oh, I forgot to mention...many dismiss his album 'Rock n Roll' as it's a really different sound, just basic four on the floor rock...but it's still worth a listen. Great album to blast at a party.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Oh, I forgot to mention...many dismiss his album 'Rock n Roll' as it's a really different sound, just basic four on the floor rock...but it's still worth a listen. Great album to blast at a party.
    I've always liked that album. It's a damn good rock album.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Been a huge fan going back to the Whiskeytown and Heartbreaker days...I wouldn't even wanna begin to recommend anything since I've got every album (we're talkin' Sad Dracula and all the Pax Am singles deep here)...he's so damn prolific. I'd start from the beginning though for sure.
    Nabbing Heartbreaker now!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I saw Ryan Adams open for Oasis in 2008. He was great, but I never followed-up on any of his material. Then Prisoner came out last year and I randomly heard the lead single on XM. Suffice it to say, the record is a flawless masterpiece. Still need to figure out where to go next in his catelogue.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure View Post
    I saw Ryan Adams open for Oasis in 2008. He was great, but I never followed-up on any of his material. Then Prisoner came out last year and I randomly heard the lead single on XM. Suffice it to say, the record is a flawless masterpiece. Still need to figure out where to go next in his catelogue.
    It's a bit rockier, so I'd lean more towards recommending Gold or even his self-titled album from 2014, maybe the first half of Easy Tiger before that album really slows down towards the last half. If you wanna hear sorta the perfect blend of rock and the country stuff, I recommend the three albums he released in 2005. Cold Roses, the first...is a great double album. The second was Jacksonville City Nights which is VERY country...the third album 29 is very, very mellow...piano ballads and whatnot.

I could go on for hours here lol.