Thread: The Social Network (2010)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I love the Score, but I can´t listen to it without watching the movie.
    TSN is great and Reznors Tunes are as necessary as the story in this movie, but without the movie itself, the music isn´t working.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nothInc View Post
    I love the Score, but I can´t listen to it without watching the movie.
    TSN is great and Reznors Tunes are as necessary as the story in this movie, but without the movie itself, the music isn´t working.
    I vehemently disagree. I've only seen the film once, in theaters, whereas the soundtrack has had countless plays on its own and means quite a bit to me. It's extremely evocative and I believe once I see Dragon Tattoo I'll eventually split my connection with the soundtrack from that film as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I vehemently disagree. I've only seen the film once, in theaters, whereas the soundtrack has had countless plays on its own and means quite a bit to me. It's extremely evocative and I believe once I see Dragon Tattoo I'll eventually split my connection with the soundtrack from that film as well.
    I agree with this. I don't need the movie to make a connection to any of the music. In fact I could not give a shit about the movie. I bought TSN soundtrack as a stand alone piece, and will do so for TGWTDT too. If I make a connection with, or if the music moves me then that's all I need. Watching a movie to see how the music fits has no interest to me.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Soft Trees Break The Fucking Fall.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    I vehemently disagree. I've only seen the film once, in theaters, whereas the soundtrack has had countless plays on its own and means quite a bit to me.
    Similar here. I put my order in for the soundtrack the day it was announced, but I didn't even bother with the movie until Netflix had the disc available. Watched it once, and while it was good, I probably won't watch it again. The CD for the soundtrack, however, is still in my car and has been played more times than I can count while driving through the night.